September Sapphires

Are you still playing phone tag with your results hopie?

Oh no.. I got them! Panaroma came back as low risk. As I'm sure you know, they say 'low risk' is the best result we can get. So grateful.
Have another genetic blood test next week and then the anatomy scan at 20...I am worried about that one b/c of all the strong meds I've been on!

Hopi, as I said on the other thread, I really am glad to hear you're low risk! That is great news! I can understand why you're nervous about the 20 week scan. Right now, I'm feeling optimistic enough for both of us :hugs: but I'll keep fx for you!

I heard back from my primary OB on the low dose aspirin. She totally put me at ease about it. Thanks for letting me know your perspective as well ladies! :) Between what she said and what you said, I'm feeling pretty good about taking it. She said, in the not too distant future, they'll probably start recommending all pregnant women take it. She said, someday they'll probably include it in the prenatal vitamins!

Overall, I feel like I'm finally allowing myself to get excited about this pregnancy.

Hopie sorry if I missed the results in another message. Good ol prego brain. I think low risk is awesome. Really they can't say no risk, so I hope low puts you at ease. And don't be impressed. I work from home 3-4 days a week so it's a lot easier when you don't have to put on real pants. :haha:

Uni I'm so happy you're feeling good. And glad you're at ease with the aspirin. I was so afraid to tell the ob last time I was newly pregnant that I was taking it so it was a relief she was fine with it. I really think it's what got me a Finn and what helped me ttc this time.

In vivo hang in there. Have you tried any meds for MS? Benadryl and unison do help me at night, I just can't function on that during the day. I think if I get better at remembering to take a prevacid every am I may finally be able to quit zofran. My ms is deffo worse when I have heartburn.

Ladies, I've gotten myself all worked up. My husband just pulled a deer tick off me, and now I'm convinced I probably have lyme disease and that it will hurt the baby. It was on me at least a whole day, probably long enough to transmit if it was a carrier. I already googled, and it said that even if I do have it, if I get treatment the baby will be fine, but I can't stop crying from the tension of the anxiety. I keep reminding myself it's not really an emergency and I shouldn't call the after hours emergency number for my OB's office because they wouldn't do anything until morning anyway. I had to have treatment for lyme a few years ago (preventative, I was never officially diagnosed), and the antibiotics made me feel horrible. Just so completely sick. I think I did have it because before the treatment was done my joints ached and was just generally awful. And that was with treatment right away.

I can't get the preventative treatment this time because it is doxycycline which isn't safe if pregnant. So, I think I probably have to wait three to four weeks to see if any symptoms develop. Only 80% of people get the telltale rash, so not getting the rash isn't even a guarantee I won't get sick. They'll have to do a blood test 4 to 6 weeks from now, and then I'd have to take amoxicillin for 3 weeks. I feel so dumb for letting myself get bit by a tick :cry:

Not your fault Uni! I worry about that too now with spring/summer. Great thing your husband found it. Did you keep the tick? They can test it for lyme. There is a good chance it did not. It is when you don't catch the tick on you or know you ever had a bite that it becomes a problem. You're staying on top of it and will take the antibiotics only if needed.
Let us know what dr. said. Maybe there is something else pg safe they can give preventative? Chances are everything will be just fine.

Great OB gave you more info on the baby aspirin. The more I read on it, the more I think I am going to ask and start taking it as well.
Thank you for the well wishes. :)

Mack- thanks! Such a relief. Think I have to do another blood test (quad screening?) next week at 16 wks. But I am most nervous for the 20 wk scan. I hate still taking the Zofran. Tried again today to go without and only made it to 11am without vomiting, as usual!
SO cool you can work from home a lot of days. And yes, wearing sweats or yoga pants every day is the best.

Inviv- hope you are feeling better? And Caz- hope you're well!

Not your fault Uni! I worry about that too now with spring/summer. Great thing your husband found it. Did you keep the tick? They can test it for lyme. There is a good chance it did not. It is when you don't catch the tick on you or know you ever had a bite that it becomes a problem. You're staying on top of it and will take the antibiotics only if needed.
Let us know what dr. said. Maybe there is something else pg safe they can give preventative? Chances are everything will be just fine.

Great OB gave you more info on the baby aspirin. The more I read on it, the more I think I am going to ask and start taking it as well.
Thank you for the well wishes. :)

Mack- thanks! Such a relief. Think I have to do another blood test (quad screening?) next week at 16 wks. But I am most nervous for the 20 wk scan. I hate still taking the Zofran. Tried again today to go without and only made it to 11am without vomiting, as usual!
SO cool you can work from home a lot of days. And yes, wearing sweats or yoga pants every day is the best.

Inviv- hope you are feeling better? And Caz- hope you're well!

I was so anxious last night I didn't fall asleep until dawn. But now that I've had some rest I woke up feeling much better. Still waiting for the doc's office to call back and see what they say, but I'm a lot less worried than I was yesterday. Thanks for the reassuring words hopi <3

I think part of it was that I finally decided to relax and be excited about this pregnancy, so of course something almost instantly happens to put me back on edge.

I heard back from the doc's office and it was very reassuring. Basically, in two weeks they will test me and in the meantime I should just watch for the rash or other symptoms. She affirmed I was worried about the right thing, but made it seem like something that they are prepared to handle and won't cause a big deal. Between that and how nice the weather was today, I'm feeling pretty good again.

I did end up putting on repellant just to sit on the porch lol So I've gotten a tinge paranoid :blush: I have some natural repellant from badger balm, but it smells a bit strong to me at the moment. Does anyone know some good pregnancy safe repellant? Also, I'm looked into a lot of natural control methods for the yard, and I've had a lot of good ideas. I like being outside too much to always be scared, so I have to find some solutions!

So glad Uni you are feeling better about it! I was so happy you were getting excited about the pregnancy, as you have every reason to be. Great the doctor said that. It is great you guys found the tick. The problems really happen when a person never know they were bitten. Good chance it didn't carry Lyme, or if it did, was not attached long enough to transmit.
Do you live in the Northeast? It's a real pain here.
I looked up natural repellants you can make on Pinterest. Also that Badger line you rec'd seems very safe. The organic tick lawn service could help too.

Yes, this weather is amazing. 63 today!

Inviv- saw your other post on board and sorry you are feeling so sick and tired still. Same here. It is a bit better today but don't want to jinx myself. Afraid I might have to wait for 20 wks for it to really get better..which is fine, as long as I don't have it entire pregnancy!

I added a new food -- corn flakes! Nice to be able to keep milk down. Trying to get all organic brands as I haven't watched chemicals in food at all until now.

Also looked into the Brewer's diet. (prevents pre-e). Has anyone heard of it? Problem is, I can't really eat anything on the list still!

Hopie, I live in one of the top ten states for lyme :wacko: We just moved into a new house in the fall that has a lot of woods around it. So, I wasn't used to thinking about this, but I guess I have to start.

I'm reluctant to spray, because I don't want to kill beneficial insects too. But I found out they have these tubes filled with cotton balls treated with pyrethrin you can put around the yard, and the mice (which are the original vector) use them to nest and it kills the ticks on the mice before they go out and bite bigger animals (like humans). Sounds great because it's really targeted. And, it helps the mice :) I'm also looking into getting some guinea hens. Apparently they eat ticks like it's their profession. So a few of them wandering the yard should make a huge difference. I hear they're kind of loud, but I don't' think anyone will notice if they can already put up with my neighbor's rooster that crows all hours of the day.

The Brewer's diet sounds interesting. I could see using it more as a philosophy than a strict diet. But, I'm with you on not being able to eat most of it - even just reading the lists made my tummy turn over and I had to stop looking at it. For the most part I feel fine now, but I have so many food aversions still. Just thinking about a food I can't eat is still enough to set me off!

Glad you can finally have cornflakes! I swear by breakfast cereal at the moment! Although I can't eat it in the morning, so I have to save it for my late night snack. If you have it available, go for the organic milk, it's higher in omega 3s compared to conventional.

Brewer's diet looks complicated! Or maybe that's the prego brain. I figure any day I manage to feed myself is a good day. :haha: Do you have history or worries about pre-e hopie?

Uni-glad you are doing better.

Hi invivo, cas and wishing. Hope you all are doing well.

nothing new here, just waiting for my gender party Sunday. Pretty excited. I have strong feelings it's a baby girl.

So, on another thread on this site, I learned the proper name for what I have is "health anxiety" ... I always thought I was just a germaphobe lol But I've also realized my aunt is an enabler. Periodically, she likes to message me reminding me I should freak out about zika virus. I'm really too far north to worry about that, but it sends me on an hours and hours long google quest to calm myself down. I really wish she'd stop that; I'm busy and there's other things I should have done with my day today! I asked her to stop, but she also doesn't know I'm pregnant so I don't think she realizes how badly it affects me. I did point blank tell her today that worrying about it in advance was probably doing more harm than good and that I probably had more to be concerned about from lyme then I do zika :dohh:

I guess I'll have to tell her soon that I'm actually pregnant already, then she'll treat me with kid gloves. Or, it will get ten times worse. I'm not sure which way it will go. I am starting to realize that anxiety must run in my family ... her and my mom both always come up with the most outrageous things to worry about.

Attachments

• I learned it from watching you.jpg
    I learned it from watching you.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1
Mack, your gender party sounds fun! I kind of wish I'd planned one now :) I bet you'll have a great time sunday!

Hi ladies sorry I've been a bit MiA recently. Got a consultant apt later but will post later on. Hope you're all ok x

Hi Caz! Let us know!!

Uni that is tough. It sounds like you are being smart about it though even if they are trying to worry you. I have a few friends like that, one who only had 1 baby because she's so paranoid about health issues kids *might* have that she's afraid to have another. It can be really tough, especially since as mothers we are good at worrying all on our own. I've had a few virus frantic searches myself. heh. I'm in the midwest and there have been cases in Missouri, but it was people who had recently traveled. I really hate watching the news and quit after their scare story of "TWO CASES OF ZIKA CLOSE TO KANSAS CITY!!! More later". So obnoxious!!

Finn, my adorable and perfect two and half year old, said I looked "prettiful" today. That is how you want to start your day out. :haha: And I am even more certain than ever that I'm going to have a some sassy little girl (mini-me) that is going to turn our world upside down. I can't wait til sunday. it's a low key thing, we have about 10 people coming over and grilling out and should be nice and sunny for the kids to play in the yard.

So...me just dying for Sunday to get here. I hope the weather is nice and everyone is starting a great weekend.

Caz, it's good to hear from you! Please do let us know how your appt goes :)

awwww mack that is so cute! You are prettiful!! What an adorable little guy you have.

mack enjoy your event on Sunday - grilling outside, wow I bet the weather there is lovely in Kanvas! I'm in the UK and its still freezing here :( Can't wait for the warmer weather to get outside more with my son. And your boy is sooooooo cute!!!!

Uni - try not to worry about the zika virus thing. I'm sure you will be fine. It must be tough though having health anxiety. I have worries/anxieties about loads of things that worry me a lot, it's tough especially with the dreaded pregnancy hormones as well on top of everything else!

The consultant apt went well - she said we can chose whwther to have another C-section (after my emergency one) or VBAC. I said I think I want the section but I am just petrified about another awful delivery like with my son. I know it affected my enjoyment initially of becoming a mum and I had PND which I just don't want to EVER happen again. She was lovely and said she will do whatever she can to make this experience better. So it was good and my hubbie thought it was really useful and informative too.

I'm def less tired than I was but I've got no energy still really - I thought I was meant to feel glowing now?!?!?!

How's everyone else feeling?

x

Uni, so happy to hear about your little girl on her way. I bet finding that tick was traumatic, but sounds like your medical support really know what they're doing. My doc said the same, that most problems come for people who don't bother to keep on top of their medical care.

Mack, hope you have a fantastic day for your big reveal tomorrow. Sounds like it's going to be a lovely, low-key party. And what a little charmer your guy is!

Hopie, so glad you're starting to feel better. In my last pregnancy my MS let up about 16 weeks, so hopefully you have the end in sight now. I'm not able to stomach milk either, which is a pity because I'd love to use it to control my heartburn.

Caz, it's great that your consultant is so supportive. That must take a lot of pressure off. I hope that 2nd Tri glow kicks in any day now!!

Me, I'm still floored by exhaustion and morning sickness. I've started an iron supplement today and I'm hoping that will help. Every day is a struggle at the moment and I can't wait to be past this phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->