September Sapphires

Caz and Inviv- so great to hear from you. Wonderful news about your appt. Caz..your doctor sounds great! I hope and pray you have a much easier delivery this time... Chances are you surely will.

Inviv- so sorry the ms and fatigue is still awful. I still feel like each day is a struggle even though the hypermesis is gone. I still can't go without Zofran which really ticks me off. Good you are on iron supplements. I am hoping they help me with energy too. I pray this phase ends soon for you!

Mack- can't wait to hear about the gender reveal party! Your little boy is too adorable-- that is beyond precious what he said! As for Brewer's, no reason to think I could get pre-e.. I had some friends who had it and I am older but so far my b/p has been super low 80/50, probably because of the sickness. hope you have nice weather for tmrw.. NY is getting snow!

Uni- anxiety is so common these days..seems like everyone I know has it and I do too now. I miss my days when I was younger and carefree! I guess some bad life experiences and of course the media causes it for me. I now limit my news and won't read much about Zika. I have to learn ways to control my worry because I have so much with my parents.
Great you told your aunt worrying in advance will do no good. So true. Zika has not reached the Northeast yet.

I wish these bad moods would go away. Had a fight with OH. Seriously I never thought I would be such a grouch in pregnancy!

Oh hopie with my first pregnancy I was moody like that too! I'd get mad at stuff and feel SO silly about it later. This time I'm sappy and cry at everything. DH has banned me from watching TV because commercials and all kinds of stuff make me cry. lol

Annnd.......It's a girl!! I'm so excited. :)

CONGRATS Mack on the baby GIRL!! SO thrilled for you you guys are having a little girl!!! :))
How was the party? So the cake your pasty chef relative made was pink?!

Inviv- sure hope you are feeling better? Uni and Caz- hope you are well.

Awful wknd. My mom woke me up 2am screaming for help. I found her on the floor not being able to breathe and ran to call 911 (she is OK thank GOD) and then I fell-- banged up both knees, wrist. Resting up a lot and feeling better...didn't hit my stomach so assume all is ok with baby but scared the heck out of me..Turns out she was hyperventilating and no need for hospital but so darn scary.

Anyway, I am hoping and praying for a better week. 16 wk appt is on Thursday!!!

Mack, a huge congratulations on your little girl!! That's fantastic news; I wonder if this is going to be a girls thread. :) How was your reveal party?

Hopie, you have so much to deal with at the moment, no wonder you're feeling snappy. Sending good thoughts that things calm down for you soon, and glad you didn't hurt anything too bad when you fell.

Me, my iron supplement is definitely helping with my energy levels. I'm still really sick, but having the energy to deal with it makes a huge amount of difference.

Hope everybody else is doing okay.

Mack congrats! I'm so excited for you :)

Hopie how scary! I'm glad everything is ok.

I had a bunch of stuff in mind to write to everyone else (I feel like I missed a lot being away a couple days) but my mom called in the middle of this post and managed to get me all worked up. She doesn't seem to realize that when she talks about negative things, I'm going to find that upsetting. And then she gets all hurt when I tell her I don't want to hear about random negative things :dohh: I even tried to tell her in the nicest possible way but she couldn't hear me :shrug: Anyway, it totally threw me off from all the positive things I was thinking of saying while reading everyone's posts. Sorry

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well this evening. I appreciated reading all the updates <3

Thank you all!

Mack- thanks- I feel less crazy now for being all snappy/moody!

Uni- try to limit talking to your mom a bit. I am doing that with my ultra negative sister and it helps. Glad you are doing well.

Inviv- so glad you have a lot more energy now. I bet the ms will get better soon too. What I would do to have more energy.

Interesting what I found out-- my dad has had tons of tests to figure out what is going on..one thing found is a major vitamin B-12 deficiency. Dr. said it is causing his depression. It is linked with low iron too. (he is starting b-12 shots). I read that b-12 deficiency and low iron is very common after childbirth and can cause PPD. So now I know to be on top of taking B-12 or getting shots if low after baby. After feeling so depressed past few months, I am researching all ways to prevent any depression later!

16wk appt tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck. Still not showing! Ms has improved thank GOD!

Have a wonderful day, all~

Hopie I think you might be right on your proposed solution.

Hopefully, with the B12 your dad will start feeling a little better. That's interesting to learn about the link with PPD.

16 weeks! wow that sounds so far along to me, then I remember I'm already 14 weeks too lol GL with your appointment! let us know how things go :) I'm really glad to hear your MS is a bit better. I thought mine had totally gone away, but it came back again. But whenever I feel like complaining, I think of you and how much worse you've had it, and realize I'm getting out pretty easy :hugs: I really want you to feel good!

Caz I'm glad the consulting appointment went well. I'm glad too that you had options and were empowered to choose what works best for you for delivery. It's great she's willing to work with you to make sure you have a good experience this time. I think it's so important to have people who are aware of that sort of thing assist us through this process.

Invivo, hopefully the iron will help. I still feel tired a lot more then I thought I would. But, at least I finally stopped sleeping 12 hours a day. That was too much!

Yesterday at work, I finally told a lot of people. Some ladies were so happy for me they cried a little, which I thought was very sweet. They were so kind after my loss, I know they felt it with me. So, I think they're all really glad to find out we're trying it again. It was a good thing I planned on telling everyone anyway yesterday, because there is no hiding it anymore lol Just in the past few days my belly has really popped. Or, maybe it's just the tiny little bump pushing all my fat up hehe

Uni how sweet of your coworkers. I'm glad you told them so you will get a little extra support if needed.

How's everyone feeling? Looking forward to Easter?

AFM-not much. Heard a good HB yday. Scan in 4 weeks. I can't wait to feel baby kicks so I'm impatiently waiting for that.

Nervous today bc I'm emailing my professors. Our outline for our final project is due Sunday and final paper in 2 weeks. I'm feeling better and have time to do that work so I decided to ask today if there's any makeup work I can do. I feel horrible making excuses and asking for special treatment but I'll probably not have them as teachers again so why not! :haha: I'll get a C if I don't get a second shot and I'd much rather get a B. My overall grade average has to be a 3.0 the first year since my employer is sponsoring me and I don't worry about the next class but it'd be embarrassing to have my boss see a C!! =(

I sent the email. Pretty much the most embarrassing thing I've ever done. I usually have my sh!t together, but this girl is already turning momma's world upside down. :haha:

Onward. Looking forward to updates from everyone!

Mack- I think its good you sent the email and asked. Try not to worry about it too much. So wonderful you saw great hb yesterday.. Yay!! My anatomy scan is in 4 more weeks too. I also thank GOD had a good 16 wk appt. yesterday. Dr. found heartbeat right away with doppler at 150! :)

Dopplers are great.. I wish I had one to ease my mind these next 4 weeks!

Uni- thanks so much for the well wishes. You will be 16 wks too v. v. soon. I know what you mean by think you are feeling better and then it hits again. I am trying to go without the Zofran now but it is sooo hard. Really want to feel well for Easter!
So sweet of your co-workers and their reaction. I am sure it is the most wonderful news ever for them and everyone is so excited for you!

Inviv- sure hope you are feeling better- at least a little? Caz- hope you are great.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter weekend! So grateful to have my mom here this Easter as last year she was in ICU after open heart surgery and a true miracle she is here. Enjoy everyone!! x

I wore a pastel shirt today and got to make the joke to my MIL that I looked like an easter egg! :haha: she hadn't seen me since january and was super shocked at how much I am showing already.

Mack, I think it's good you sent the letter. It's always better to be proactive instead of waiting till the last minute. I can guarantee you they'd rather hear from you now then the day the semester ends. There is a lot more they can do to help you now, compared to later.

Hopie I'm glad you had a good scan and got to have a nice holiday with your mom :)

Thank you ladies for the support about my non-baby stuff. :) They are letting me drop the class and take it next session without repaying the tuition. SO relieved. People are so understanding now about pregnancy and related issues. And I'm dealing with all men all at the dept of defense so I was shaking in my boots to even talk/ask about it. :haha: Makes me happy we are bringing girls into the world when it's not so much of a "man's world".

Anyone else waiting on gender, besides waiting to find out at birth. It seems we have an all pink thread so far.

AFM, had to take a Zofran again today. It'd been about a week without so not too shabby. Maybe Easter chocolate for breakfast was pushing my luck too much?? :haha:

Uni I feel like I'm showing a lot too. I wore black though so I guess I didn't look as much like an Easter egg? I had a cute floral shirt to wear but it ended up snowing here yesterday so it was hoodie time. Crazy midwest weather. I'm sure you looked adorable and happy.

Hopie it sounds like you and your mom have had quite a year. Glad for the good holiday and I hope things keep looking up.

Mack, that's great news about the class! I'm really glad to hear they're being understanding. Are you familiar with the concept of stereotype threat? It's when we're aware there might be a negative stereotype about us which we want to disprove. But it causes so much stress, that the stress of the awareness of the possibility of being stereotyped actually decreases performance.... For example, I am so concerned at work about being perceived as the absent minded pregnant lady, I think it makes me MORE absent minded :doh: When probably, I'm the only one worrying about it and no one else at work cares, or if they even notice they understand. But, at least I can laugh about it here with you ladies :)

Wonderful news Mack about the class! So glad they are so understanding and you no longer need to worry.
Too funny about the chocolate -- me too! I had a feeling good day but then the Easter chocolate did me in. So great you went 1 full week without Zofran?! I went 2 days but now sickness is back and I still can't keep down water. I called dr. office b/c Im worried about still taking it at almost 18 wks..they said they need me healthy--eating and drinking..so to keep taking the 4 mg when I need. At least I am down to 4 mg, I guess.

Thanks for the well wishes from you both! My mom and I had a nice holiday..sad with my dad in the hospital but so glad to have her here. Her open heart surgery was 1 year ago today!

Uni-- I love how your profile says 'inspired' :) I realize mine still says 'sick'!

Wishing you all a wonderful wknd. Inviv- I sure hope you are feeling better?

Oh..yes..pink thread so far! Everyone guesses girl for me (maybe b/c ive been so sick?) but going to wait to be surprised in September...or August! :)
Uni- has your ms gone away?

Girl would make a lot of sense for you hopie :) I've heard of all the prediction myths, the one that girls make for worse MS is the one that's really valid. I think it's true, but I've never had a boy for comparison.

I am feeling better today. Actually, I think maybe I've felt good the past three days. I haven't had to take any diclegis since yesterday. I'm about to run out of it and it's expensive to refill if I'm just going to use a couple, so I'm hoping maybe I'm actually good.

Oddly enough, I've found the one thing that settles my stomach when I'm feeling nauseous lately is a broccoli cheese calzone at lunch time. Which is good they have them in the cafeteria at work! But, as long as I don't eat too much first thing in the morning or drink cold water on an empty stomach I haven't been sick lately; I am cautiously optimistic that MS is behind me now. Of course, I've thought that before too and been wrong :p

Sorry to hear you're still feeling icky! It seems so unfair!

Hi all- how is everyone?? Inviv- I sure hope you are feeling better now?

I haven't been on much..rough week with worry about my mom as learned she will have to face another surgery. Just praying like crazy and trying to keep calm but it is hard.

Uni- thanks a lot.. I sure do wish this sickness would end. 18 weeks now and I was sooo sick yesterday. Why won't it go away?! I am so glad you are feeling better and great you went a few days without the med. I try to but it always comes back. Sounds like your's is easing for good...yay! That is interesting about the broccoli calzone.. I should try it. I can totally see calzone helping me as pizza is one of the few things I can keep down.
I read your post on September board.. I know what you mean.. reading everyone's great news and scan updates makes me so happy! I will keep praying every day for each and every one of us. I had a dream last night baby was born early but well and woke up soo happy. Baby was a boy in the dream. It was so real!

Mack- sure hope you are feeling good now as well.

Yucky rainy cold weather here all April...Bring on May and feeling better finally hopefully!

I've had a few twinges the past week and thought I would need to run to the sink a couple times in the mornings, but nothing to complain about too much. Sorry to hear you're still dealing with feeling sick! For sure try the calzone! I hope it works as well for you as it does me! I'm sorry to hear you're mom has to have another surgery. That must be really stressful.

I'm ready for May already too!

I have not posted recently here but, I keep reading posts here. I am glad everyone's pregnancies are going good. Pink seems to be color of the season on September threads.

hopie, I am sorry you still&#12288;have ms and i kind of agree with uni here. I had horrible ms with my dd. I was hugging toilet like 4-5times a day. But, exceptions are always there so you never know.

Uni, glad you are feeling good too. Here is to may. The rainy weather does sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->