September Sapphires

Mack, 100 names? I can't even think of 10 good names. And agree with your sis though, sometimes it's better to wait and see how baby looks and think of a name which suits his/her personality. We did the same with dd.
I am glad to hear that you are not at high fluid risk now. Way to go. But, at the same time Sorry about SPD.

Uni, that must be scary. But, glad it turned out well. And really didn't that nurse heard about insomnia?
You lost your plug? I hope there is nothing to worry about it. I have never been through all natural thing so not sure if loosing plug has big effect? I do read that plug regenerates again? Sorry for so many questions but, just curious about it. Do you feel any different after loosing it.Glad your OB's office is so cooperative.

Hopie, Thanks. I really fell in love with dh again after that episode.
I am so sorry your wish came true and it's making you nervous (sounds kind of weird). But, as long as baby is kicking and active everything should be fine hun. I know you need monitoring but, if it makes you feel any better my appointments are always two weeks apart. So, hopefully no major difference.

Afm, appointment today and I am getting nervous because they will start talking about section in details now. I feel like a cow who is about to be sacrificed.
On happy note my friend came over yesterday, she is nurse(maternity) and she gave me so many tips and showed alot of excercises to do for back pain. Unfortunately, she had to go early so didn't get to hangout muxh. But, felt good to hangout with her after two years.

Sweety, I guess, when it's lost it can be a sign that labor is about to start, or just that labor is weeks away. I had a pelvic exam this week and my cervix was still totally not ready so it's unlikely I'll go into labor soon. It does maybe mean I can't go to the swimming pool :( I have to double check on that but it's something I read online that sounded plausible - no baths or swimming or sex. le sigh. Not that I have a lot of sex to begin with at the moment as I'm an awkward whale and lovely DH is currently trying to earn ALL the money before baby comes and thus works so much he's almost always sleeping when he is at home, but on principle I'm disappointed lol I do really want to go swimming though so I'm hoping my doc clears me for that at least. It's not like I'm trying to swim in a pond or whatever, it's a well kept pool. I have heard they will grow back if you lose part of the plug in early pregnancy but I'm not sure about what happens in third trimester. I was just told to watch out for labor symptoms and aside from that not to worry about it. :shrug: So apparently, it can happen so early, you might get to have the experience too. I hope it isn't as shocking for you as it was for me!

I'm glad to hear you had a friend drop by. It's always so nice to see old friends we haven't gotten to hang out with in a while. Also, I hope your appointment wasn't as bad as you wanted. That cow analogy is vivid o_O I'd be nervous too. I don't like thinking too much about certain details

Uni - sorry you lost your plug early. I've read/heard that it doesn't automatically mean labour so I hope things are ok for you. You're so strong and brave after what give been through so I'm glad the doctors are there for you.

Re swimming hopefully you can still go - like you said it's only in A pool so should hopefully be fine. I swam a lot with my son's pregnancy as we were gym members then (no time since!) and it was bliss!

Hopie - such a shame they had to cancel your scan. I like you am desperate for the movements so you know all is ok. Hang on in there - only a few days to go.

Invivo - did you see the consultant yesterday? I hope it went alright and that they were able to advise on your conditions? My close friend is having twins the same time as us and it's so tough. Whenever I feel tired and sore I always try and remember that she is having two! And has two already!

Mack - so sorry about your SPD. It sounds so tough from people I know who have it badly. Thankfully I've only got a little of it. Can they prescribe you anything to help? And 100 names wow! We could only whittle it down to say 5 and then for boys we still can't really find one we love! We have agreed on the girls but for boys we are 80% sure on a name now I hope!

Sweety - soooo glad you agreed on a name. It must be fate if you both were thinking it - how beautiful!

Afm - summer hols here so busy agenda with my five year old. He is generally good and I'm trying to take him to parks with his friends so he burns off energy and when we are home he doesn't mind quieter more relaxed play (and he sleeps better!). We are lucky we have some lovely parks nearby! Hubbie was travelling with work in Germany last week and that's his last overseas trip done now yay! He is also off on hols next week so will be around to help which is fab. Have a midwife - regular - apt on Monday - love hearing the HB and knowing all is well x

Sweety - just noticed you're in Japan, wow how cool! We went there on our honeymoon :)

Uni, so glad that your little one decided to cooperate after her breakfast! And good to know that movement is more important than NST. I get stressed all the time when one baby is moving and the other isn't, no matter which way around it goes. And seeing as they're on different sleep/wake schedules, I feel stressed about it a pile of times every day.

I've also lost my mucus plug -- it happens for me every pregnancy about 3-4 weeks before labour starts. It only takes about 48 hours to grow back, so I bet your docs give you the okay to swim in a clean, well-maintained pool. I hope it won't mean anything for you either!

Hopie, sorry to hear that your appointment was cancelled after all. It's funny how we don't realise what we really want until we can't have it. Sending good thoughts that you get great movement between now and Tuesday.

Sweety, that's fantastic that your parents are on the way to take care of you for the final few weeks. That's so great that you and DH were thinking the same name all along; you two must really be in sync!! And you're right -- if the problems are there then it's much better to know about them. I'm just ready for a stress-free week or two at this point!

Mack, fantastic news on your fluid coming back in range too! And choosing the right name is tough. It's such a responsibility picking something that won't make your little one a bullying target but where there won't be 6 kids in the class with the same name. I've got two boy names and two girl names sorted, but I can't figure out which of each to put together if the babies turn out to be b/g. I'll talk to my consultant tomorrow about an earlier deliver, but it was already going to be before 38 weeks, so I don't know if she'll be keen to pull it too much further forward. I'm guessing it depends on how well the pre-e symptoms stay under control.

I think 35 weeks is great. My younger DD was born at 34 weeks (pprom), and she had no NICU time, came home with me two days later. I know my bump is huge with twins this time, but I actually think I'm smaller than with my other pregnancies. I think it's more of a difference in shape -- before my bump sort of sprawled, if that makes sense, but this time it's very round and sticks straight out the front. I'd thought that was from having so much fluid, but seemingly not.

Caz, my DS is 4, and he definitely keeps me busy during the day. On the other hand it's great to have somebody to focus on outside of how I'm feeling and what the babies are up to. He's so excited to have them here, and I'm anxious that he might not adjust as well as he thinks he's going to. He's a real mammy's boy.

Me, I ended up back in L&D on Friday after my appointment. BP was higher and I still had protein in my urine, plus I'd ramped up to headaches, oedema, vomiting and hyperreflexia. I did get home again once the meds started to kick in, but my liver seems to be impacted (very high LFTs), and I'm back with the consultant on Monday. Good news is that the babies are doing great ("couldn't actually be doing better" are the midwife's actual words), it's just me who's falling apart!

Invivo poor you - so glad babies are fine but not great on you. Twins must take a huge toll on your body. Glad you have your appointment tomorrow to get re checked and looked after.

Afm - very strange tonight. Baby shifting hugely and I thought I had contractions or Braxton hicks at least. Tightenings and pain but it changed to less tightenings and more general pain in my groin. Hubbie was with me and watched a movie tonight. So glad I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow. I've been so uncomfortable and a bit freaked out by it. I know it's not labour but just odd.

Hi everyone!

Inviv- so glad the babies are doing incredibly great. I am sorry for the pre-e issues you are having, and glad you are being monitored closely in the hospital for it. How did your appt. go yesterday? Great to know your ds was home with you just 2 days after being born at 34 wks!
Wishing you all the very best with everything and praying all goes smoothly.

Thanks Caz! Luckily baby has been moving a lot the past 5 days and my appt. is late today. Sorry about the pain/uncomfortable feeling. What does midwife say? I had that this morning for the first time. Seems if I have a very full bladder in morning it is so painful until I get to the bathroom -- must be the way baby is positioned!
So great your dh is done with traveling now for the summer!

Sweety- thanks.. Relieved made it with no problem to my scan day and hoping baby has grown to at least 5 pounds now at 36 wks. Great you had good time with your friend. How did your appt go?

Uni- glad your dr. office and you are not concerned about losing the plug. I also read could very well mean nothing or that labor is 4 weeks away. So maybe baby wants to arrive on her own around 37 weeks. :) Glad you are feeling good. How is your week going?

Mack- hope you're feeling great. Realized we have same exact due date. :)

So hoping my fluid levels are up today but still so hard to drink as it makes me sicker. Fingers crossed I have good news to report. Enjoy your day!

InVivo that's nice to hear it only takes 48 hours to grow back. I was jumpy for the first few days, every braxton hicks I would think "is this it, is it happening?" And it definitely gave me a kick in the pants to finish getting everything ready. But, so far so good.

I'm glad the twins are fine. I can't even imagine what it would be like carrying two. Hang in there though, we're almost through :flower:

I am starting to really slow down. The other day she was so low it was hard to walk. I'm glad she's head down but wow was she pressing. I felt like she was about to slip out! I don't think she's really engaged yet though because I put on my pregnancy belt a few hours to try to support her weight better and and it made her shift around and now I feel fine.

Caz, what you described sounds a lot like what I'm experiencing. When she starts pressing I can't tell if it's her head or cramps.

Hopie, how did it go? Did you get the all clear on fluid levels? fx for you <3

Hope everyone is doing well!
Inviv- how is the pre-e monitoring going?

Uni- yes, sure sounds like your baby girl is not going to arrive very soon, so sure all is fine for next few weeks. So glad the belt helped and you feel better. I'm now starting to get uncomfortable too. 105 heat index here the next 4 days.. this humidity is brutal!

Luckily scan went very well this time. No concerns. baby did drop to 29th percentile but dr. isn't concerned. 5 lb 7 oz. Fluid is still on low end of normal. 8.5, which they said is okay and will watch.

Sweety, Caz and Mack- how are you guys feeling?
Soo sluggish and tired. 9 months preg in August is not fun! OH is driving me nuts. I think he has a lot of anxiety about this all and it is coming out in REALLY annoying ways!!
:)
Stay cool!

Yay hopie on the good scan. Inviv sorry you're having a rough time, but the twins are doing good. You just have to hang in there a bit longer and you'll feel better soon after they arrive I'm sure and can get your health addressed.

Hi Uni, caz sweetie. Like you gals I really am slowing down. Bump is really low even though she is breech. She's smaller and I'm smaller than I was with Finn, but I think I had such a huge gravity defying bump with him, all my ligaments were streched out and she's hanging low. Gives me a super prego waddle. :haha:

sorry not typing much. Another heat wave and I have fat sausage fingers. Gah. Glad to be so close. Reading up and thinking of everyone as always. :)

Sorry ladies, I have been reading posts but, way too tired to reply and by the time I decide to type my cell falls on my face and I am in dreamland.That being said, I hope you all understand because, that's sums up our situation right now isn't it?

Invivo, so Sorry it's going little tough for you but, glad twinies are doing good. Today only i saw twins while i was out and thought of you.

Uni, thanks for info. Though this is my second not having gone through normal with dd really scares shit out of me when there is something different with this one. Like other day i thought something was dripping down there and it was definitely not pee but, doc said i am closed so, might be just my imagination? How is lil one treating you? Is she on regularly moving?

Hopie, mens do have anxiety Hopie. It's just they don't wanna admit and we are the one who first see it. I think it's best to let him knoq you get it what he is worried about and it might settle a bit?

Caz, Yeah i do feel lucky to have my parents coming over to help me but, that means my hubby will be gone for 4days to bring them here. Since they haven't travelled internationally they need assistance.
You came to Japan for honeymoon? That's rare? Where did you go? I live in Yokohama near Tokyo.

Mack, I totally get it. It's difficult to even lay down forget about typing. I gathered energy today because dd slept little early today.

I agree with you ladies. It's so much hot these days. I hardly can walk and being pregnant in this heat is not so much fun. But, ladies we are almost there.

My appointment the other day qent very well except for the fact that I gained another pound which my doc was not happy about. I am just 135lbs or so but, according to Japanese std I am big. Also,the baby is little big than normal. At 33 weeks he was weighing around 2.4kg. Other than that I am ready for baby!

Sweety - yes we flew into Tokyo, spent four days there then went to Kyoto for a few nights. Then back to Tokyo where we climbed Mt Fuji - which was awesome! Travelling on the bullet train was fabulous and we loved the scenery, food and atmosphere. Would love to go back one day!

Glad everyone is doing well!
Mack- this awful heat/humidity sure is making the swelling worse, isn't it?

Caz/Sweety- I have so wanted to go to Japan. Will be a while for me now before I can take that trip!
I hear you on the tiredness. Got 2 hours of sleep last night. Pregnancy insomnia is getting worse it seems. Must be the hormones?

Uni- I can't believe that nurse last week was clueless about pg insomnia!
That is great you can work from home much of the week.

Thanks Sweety - yes, OH doesn't want to admit his anxiety. He was a lot better yesterday but still feel I need to escape to my parents alone for couple days, catch up on sleep and get some alone time! But really I should be grateful he is so caring, I know.
You're only 135 lbs! I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

110 degrees with heat index. Can't wait to leave the city. We're stopping at that Once Upon a Baby store or whatever its called..other girls on board says it has great stuff for cheap! Everyone stay cool this weekend! Inviv- we are all thinking of you.

We're triple digit heat index here too. Oh, the misery. I hope all you ladies are able to keep to the air conditioning. I made an agreement to go out of the house today. What was I thinking??

Sweety, you don't need to apologize; I understand exactly what you mean. I think I'm slowing down partially because I can't concentrate on anything. I'll respond to like three emails and notice over an hour has gone by. It feel like that long, but the clock doesn't lie. It makes me wonder if I was just staring off into space or what. But yeah, it's taking forever to get even the smallest thing done and I can't concentrate on anything. Naps are extra good though lol

Hopie, I hope at least that your pregnancy insomnia allowed you to enjoy the meteor shower last night? :) My husband acts like he's not worried at all, but he's a little emotionally distant compared to what I'm used to. I know it's his way of coping with things, but I kind of wish he could be more present right now. If only we could get the two of them to balance each other out somehow, we'd each have what we needed lol

Mack I'm in full on waddle mode now too :D I love to waddle. I know it's probably strange, but it makes me feel good about myself. Maybe it's because I waddle just a little bit most of the time anyway so I'm just happy it finally makes sense :haha:

Apologies in advance for this "me me me" update, but I've had quite a week.

At my appointment on Monday my BP was higher and I now had 2+ of protein, so consultant decided to admit me. Over Monday and Tuesday BP stayed high and LFT bloods rocketed higher. On Tuesday one of the babies' heart rates kept decelerating on the CTG machine. Consultant made the decision to do an emergency section but NICU had no spots. She had her registrar ring around and they found spots in a hospital 150 miles away -- I was due for transfer Wednesday morning with section ASAP on arrival.

Tuesday night babies took events into their own hands. My waters broke in the early hours of Wednesday morning and my two boys were born shortly after 9am. I had a completely natural delivery, Caspar was born at 9:06am weighing 5lbs1 and Canaan at 9:33am weighing 5lbs6. Canaan remained breech throuhout, but fortunately one of the obstetricians in my hospital is very experienced at breech deliveries.

The boys went straight to NICU (they had to make room!) because of their gestation, plus my GD and the BP meds I'm on, but they're doing fantastically well. Caspar has had some jaundice but apart from that they're thriving. I'm so happy and so very much in love.

I was discharged last night and will spend my time running in and out to NICU until the babies are ready to come home. I do promise I'll catch up with everybody once I catch my breath, though.

Thinking of you all. I can't believe my pregnancy is over and the boys are here.

Oh my goodness! Inviv- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So glad the babies are here and doing well and you are doing well too! So glad they decided to arrive on their own too..that is amazing! They have wonderful weights too for twins!

Soo thrilled for you and relieved. What a past few weeks you have had and you were such a trooper from the start with all the sickness and this is just the most wonderful news. Our first Sapphires.

Rest up, take good care of yourself and enjoy your baby boys.
CONGRATS, Inviv!!!!!!! :flower::happydance:

Invivo wow I'm so shocked and delighted for you! Well done you on birthing too amazing babies - and one breech, you're a trooper!!!!

Can't wait to hear more but so pleased you are discharged and home - cuddle those babies tight :)

OMG! invivo that is such a great news and twinies born naturally? that is more than amazing.
Congratulations to you!
Can't wait for more updates and if you don't mind pics of boys.And ofcourse it should be me me post. Hello you have your sapphires in your arms now.

Caz, that's amazing that you spent quite a quality time here. I visited kyoto too but, just few shrines there. We kind of spent our honeymoon in Tokyo too. We have lived in Hiroshima, Okayama and now Yokohama. And seriously living here is best thing.
Do visit again if you get chance. Would be happy to show you around.

Uni, Thanks hun for understanding.If i remember correctly you are working few days from home right? It must be hard concentrating in work now. We are getting so close. Btw, on other board looks like we are starting secret group. Can we di it here too?

Hopie, Take your me time as much as you can. It's better to escape for some time where you feel relaxed. It's hard to be getting mad at over caring husband. Trust me, I know. My hub is asking more questions at appointment than me. Lol. But, it will settle in after baby is born.
Also, you should visit Japan. It's awesome place to spend some quality time.
Insomnia is hitting me too. But, can't help it. It is what it is. Feq More weeks i say everytime i have sleepless night.

Afm, Hubby is out of country to bring my parents here but, trust me the time was passing by like snail. It's hard to be with dd who is full of energy day and night. Just two more nights and i will get somw relief.

Invivo YAY I'm so happy for you. Reading your happy news really brightened my day. I'm so excited for you. It must be such a relief to be home with your snuggle bunnies in your arms <3

Sweety, I love the idea of a secret fb group for Sapphires too. But I'm not the one to set it up, I'm way too disorganized at the moment. If someone wants to go for it, I'm all in!

Omg in vivo yay!!! Such his weight and no surgery for you to recover from. I can't wait to hear updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->