September Sapphires

Thanks everyone! I'm over my shock now and starting to feel very excited. I've spent hours on Google researching the best way to breastfeed twins, and I think I'm going to be okay.

Uni, :hugs:. So glad your scan went well and you were able to see that strong heartbeat. Having a new baby on the way doesn't take away from the loss of your daughter, and of course you still miss her. When my son died I really wanted my next baby to be another boy and I was so disappointed when she wasn't, but looking back I think it was probably for the best. My advice would be to surround yourself with a good support system now. It's so hard to fiercely love the little baby in your arms while at the same time feeling loss and grief that she isn't the other baby who was taken away. I had bad PND after my rainbow pregnancy, mainly because holding my daughter brought that devastating grief back to the surface. Remember that we're always here to listen when you're having a bad day, either now or later.

Hopie, I'm so glad to hear that you're starting to feel human again. I'm with you in wanting to hurry through the last part of 1st Tri and get on to the much better times of 2nd Tri. Complain away!!

Mackjess, hope things get moving for you soon. :happydance: I think I'm going to take your tip and stuff my purse with snacks. I've got two full-day meetings about two hours from home the week after next, and I'm already worrying about how I'll get through them.

Wishing_well, yay for having no updates! Hard luck on the pelvic rest, but hope the scan on Wednesday shows good things. Keep us posted.

Me, I've been MIA this week because when I get home from work I have no energy to do anything except feed the kids and collapse into bed. I think my belly's popped, though I'm not exactly flat at the best of times so I can't say for sure. I've noticed some sideways looks at it from work colleagues, though, and I don't know if I'll be able to keep my secret until after 12 weeks.

Yay for the weekend. I plan to do precisely nothing.

Great to hear from you Inviv and glad you are doing well, though exhausted for good reason! Might be hard to keep secret at work til 12 weeks but just keep them guessin'!

Thanks so much, Uni. I don't feel so badly complaining now. I don't think I would go back and re-live January and Feb. if I were paid!! Congrats on the 2nd good scan. Yes, still seems to look like a blob at this stage than baby but wait til 12 wk scan! I have the same aversions. Terrible. When do these aversions end?? I like the sound of wearing pants that feel like yoga pants everywhere.

Wishing- hopefully the pelvic rest goes by fast. As for sex...what is that? LOL

Mack- hope you're feeling well today and get some good r&r in this weekend!

Take care everyone~ I am hopeful to have pizza soon today!!

Hi All- how is everyone doing and feeling this week?

Thanks Inviv..the pizza stayed down! I'm now on to ice cream too. uh-oh.
I'm not working and realized I am spending way too much $ on all this pizza out. So I bought a cheapo frozen pizza today and it was the grossest thing ever, so now feel sick again!
How have you been feeling?

Anyone ever take a probiotic during pregnancy? My mom has started them after surgery, so I have researched them a lot and they seem to be very beneficial. (have been used in Europe much longer than here). I'm going to ask my dr. if it's a good idea during pregnancy.

Hope everyone is good!

Hopie, my pregnancy uh-oh is soft drinks.

I never normally drink fizzy drinks, I'm a coffee girl. When I'm pregnant, though, I can't stomach the caffeine and my big indulgence is Pepsi Max. I only allow myself one or two a week, but I'd drink it all day every day if I could.

My daughter calls it my pregnancy tell. :)

So funny, Inviv! Me too with the soda. I haven't had a bottle of Coke in about 20 years. Now with my pizza craving I have to have a coke. Its the only drink easy to go down. I still struggle with water. Bought 3 bottles of the caffeine-free yesterday.. I was like whoa- I have not bought a soda in like 20 years!

I love milk but it doesn't love me -- comes back very quickly!

And like you I feel very shifty buying my Pepsi. It just doesn't feel like a grown-up's drink.

Mannnn, you ladies are making me want soda. I've mostly been doing gingerale and sierra mist to help with the nausea. But I do drink down the delicious caramel colored yummy sugary stuff when we go out to eat. I met DH for lunch at a sandwich shop last week and they have the coke machine where you can add all your own flavors. OMG. I had to run out in a hurry so I would only get 1 refill. Haha.

Wishing, sorry about the pelvic rest. I don't know that we've done the deed since about 5-6 weeks. Poor DH, but I think with the dyclieg, zofran, progesterone and side effects from them all I am like NO way. Nooooo. He's like You just used me for a baby!! :haha:

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I have my screening test today. Very nervous. But we'll find out gender with these results so that is exciting.

Yes, inviv.. I know! I hope the soda need ends after pregnancy!

Mack- how exciting.. you get to find out gender already?! Wishing you all the best at your appt. today.
Ooh- a Coke machine where you can add your flavors..wow!

I used to eat really healthy. So surprised this pregnancy has turned me into a soda and pizza craving lunatic. Just the thought of eating veggies or fruit makes me sick still.

5-6 weeks is a lot better than since December 14th for me and OH, Mack. LOL!!! He's a good trooper about it. Just the thought of sex makes me gag!

:)

I'm glad to hear everyone's doing well! All the talk of pizza and ice cream is making me hungry though! I never get cravings when pregnant, but I've been thinking about ice cream all day... Just a shame I'll have to share it with hubby.

Hopie - I've been taking probiotics for the last 3-4 weeks and I think they're definitely helping. I'd recommend trying them :)

I had another scan today - 9+3 and baby has grown and is doing well. The huge bleed has pretty much disappeared which is great news! I'm still feeling a niggly doubt somewhere but I'm trying to be positive about everything now.
And yes, 'maybe we can finally have sex!' was one of the first thoughts into my head :haha:

Such wonderful news, Wishing!! Congrats!!!! :)
Great to know on the probiotics...thanks. One package cost 40 bucks, but I'm going to start them. Anything to help!

Wishing, that's fantastic news, congrats!! Maybe a normal life is creeping up for you in the near future.

Mackjess, best of luck on your screening today. That's amazing that you'll know the baby's gender so soon.

Ironically, apart from the Pepsi I'm a really healthy eater when I'm pregnant. My main problem is that I just can't stop eating!!!

Wishing, I'm so happy to hear that! What a relief :)

Funny you all should mention soda. I hardly ever drink it, unless it's in a mixed beverage of the adult variety. Which for obvious reasons is off limits at the moment. But the other day at the store I saw they had Dr Pepper made with real sugar and that was it - craving triggered. I bought a four pack and have managed to stretch it, because I'm on carb restrictions. With the real sugar instead of corn syrup, it tastes like childhood. Think I might have to drink the last one right now, can't stop thinking about it since catching up on these posts :haha:

edit - I've been better behaved than I thought, there were actually still two left! well one now :shy:

All this talk is making me hungry ladies. For me soda in pregnancy is life saver from heartburn and yucky taste in mouth. I know not healthy but, had one last night because Imy heartburn won't go away.

OMG Sweety, I was having the absolute worst heart burn this pregnancy and last. It was bad before, but worse this time. I couldn't even lie down without nearly vomiting from acid reflux :( (sorry tmi but really, it was ewww) I told myself I wasn't going to suffer through things this time around (I suffered enough) so I got myself some Pepcid AC. It's been a total life saver. I tried to tough it out last time with just tums, but at some point they really don't work for pregnancy heartburn. My OB kept telling me to try something stronger and I'm glad I finally listened. It's category B so pretty much assured to be totally safe. I take one a day and I've been totally heartburn free! I don't know if you can get it otc in Japan, but might be worth ordering some online. Or, always nice to have an excuse to drink soda, if that works too! :) Nothing was working for me, so I'm super stoked to have found relief.

Heartburn is just starting to hit here too. Usually I manage it pretty well by drinking milk but this time my stomach isn't allowing it. I've raised my pillows in bed but during the day I'm sunk.

Wishing, Great news about your scan!! Hopefully it goes away and you don't have anymore bleeding. That had to be so scary. And 9+3, time is flying by really. :)

Uni-YES to the Pepcid. I feel better since I only have to take one of those vs eating a pound of Tums a day. I take Pepcid pretty consistently, and sometimes I'll take it in the AM, then not get heartburn til the next night, then I'm fine the whole next day. It seems to last about 36 hours for me so I'm skipping every 3rd day. It's fantastic! My MS seems to not be so bad if I stay on top of the heartburn too. So that's another plus.

I only ever drank 1 cup of coffee a day, and 1 small soda. I switched to half caff on my coffee, and my soda is very low caffeine so I'm still getting less than what is considered 1 serving. Plus the sierra mist and gingerale for nausea, but I don't count that. It doesn't taste good so it doesn't count right? :haha: I did also switch to natural sugar soda and OMG it's so yummy. Luckily I get wired if I have more than 1 soda a day so I've been behaved.

Invivo-sorry girl, if it's not one thing it's another. I'm exhausted with just 1 bean, I bet you are tired. Growing a human(s) is a lot of work.

Hopie-If you're eating pizzaz (yess it's pizazz at this point) your MS must be better?

Well yesterday was scary. My OB's office made an appt for me at a regular doc office she goes to, and she usually doesn't see her pregos there. So she had trouble finding the heartbeat with a doppler and I had to drive over to the nearby hospital to get a scan bc her other office was booked on scans and it was late in the afternoon and there was just one ultrasound tech. They found the heartbeat somewhat easily as the baby was twirling around like crazy. To actually measure the heartbeat she had to really dig down with the wand thingy and have it tilted a bit. So she said my uterus was probably just a bit tilted as it was expanding, and with baby being a little spazz, it was just too hard to get on the doppler. Between them pressing down hard with the Doppler and then again at the scan, my midsection is quite sore today. But all worth it to get the relief.

I was so wiped after all of that, I rescheduled my tests/bloodwork for Tuesday. I had enough fun yesterday. I think it takes about a week to get test and gender results back after that, so I have sched my gender reveal party for the 13th. I won't know the results til then. We are having people over for pizza, and my sister in law is a pastry chef so she'll make a cute blue or pink cake. Doing it very low key this time around but I think it will be fun.

Oh, it was exciting to see my little baby again. I swear after all this hassle it has to be a girl. It looked so much more like a baby this time than at the 8 week scan. It was really sweet to see the arms and legs going, and one time it flipped around completely.

Mack- that is such great news!! So happy for you . Must have been amazing seeing the baby move all around. I know what you mean, at my scan just before 9 weeks, it didnt look like a baby!
Thrilled for you. Love the sound of your gender party. Can't wait 'til it is revealed. :)
Must have been stressful at first. So often the heartbeat can't be found first few tries with doppler.

MS is definitely better than it was. I can't say it is hg anymore..thank God. The Zofran controls the vomiting and yes, some days I can eat pizza. I'm back to toast past 2 days as it's been bad again. Miss the pizazz!

Sweety and all- sorry the heartburn is a pain. I can't stand having that bad taste in my mouth still either! You guys gave me great tips for when the heartburn hits. I guess that will be next. lol

Not feeling v. positive about my 12 wk nt scan tomorrow. I guess I am prepared for the worst. Though everything is so bad with my family life (just admitted my dad to the hospital), that I can't imagine anything else terrible happening right now. But better to be prepared for it and accept it as God's will if it is not good tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope to be in a better mood soon. Bring on 2nd tri already, please!!!! :)

Mack, I'm relieved to hear your scare was a false alarm and your little one is just a squirmer.

I had another scan on Wednesday. 10 weeks. But it still doesn't look like a baby to me, more like a tadpole. She found the heartbeat right away, and asked "do you see it?" and I guess I looked really uncertain because she zoomed in and pointed at the heart and made really sure I could see it. But, I felt dissociative. I didn't really believe the little flicker meant anything. I don't have another OB appointment for a month, but they scheduled the NT for me at the hospital. I had the blood work drawn, but found out I won't get results back for nine days. The nurse who took my blood remembered me "didn't you just have a baby?" she asked. I wasn't sure what to say so I blurted out "I had a loss." I could tell she was suddenly uncomfortable so I made jokes to let her off the hook. When she stuck me with the needle I had flashbacks to drawing all the blood to run more tests after they couldn't find the heartbeat. When I got home, I had a tearful meltdown. I have stopped caring if it is a boy or a girl. I just feel numb. I think I might have mild PTSD.

Reading over the above, I'm not sure I should post. It sounds so melodramatic. But, I think maybe it's therapeutic to describe, so I hope I don't alarm anyone. I'm actually doing far better than my above description would suggest. I mostly worry that I'll be triggered when I go back to the birthing center for labor, I just didn't think I'd get so triggered going for a scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->