September Sapphires

I hope everyone is having a happy Friday and feeling well. I saw this online and it was a good chuckle. :) Beware of a few bad words in it!

https://www.scarymommy.com/pregnancy-tracker-honest/

Ah that's too funny! According to this, I've already jumped ahead to week 24 :haha:

I hope everyone is having a happy Friday and feeling well. I saw this online and it was a good chuckle. :) Beware of a few bad words in it!

https://www.scarymommy.com/pregnancy-tracker-honest/

Wishing, I'm so glad the baby's doing well. Are you on full bedrest while the bleed resolves itself? That must be so scary -- hope it settles soon.

Uni, so glad you were able to have a hear to heart with your husband. It's tough to capture the same excitement as the first time, when you don't know in your gut how things can go wrong. Scan on Wednesday, right? Maybe after that you can relax for a while.

Mackjess, love that! I'm on week 13 and I suspect I'll be there for a while.

Me, my MS has kicked in properly this week. Still very manageable, but I throw up every time I allow my stomach to be empty. I had a meeting for work 3 hours away -- threw up in their swanky corporate bathrooms and then again in my own office car park when I got back. Note to self -- keep almonds in the car!

Glad everyone is doing well.
Inviv- I admire you- far away work meetings, etc. while going through ms. Glad the almonds help.

Uni- so great you had a good talk with your hubby. And totally normal you are acting differently this pregnancy. Anyone would. It is so so hard after a late loss and you are doing amazingly well. Be proud! Just keep taking things day by day.

Wishing- great news the baby is great! My SCH vanished last scan at 9 weeks. I'm guessing all the rest from the hg helped. I hope it is just an annoying sch that resolves its self soon, as they usually do.

AFM most of my symptoms are gone. It is such a gift to feel human again after almost 6 weeks of hg! I've accepted the fact it could be normal due to placenta, or it could be a sign of not developing right. I guess I just put my faith in God that all of this is going to turn out how it is meant to. Nothing I can do to prevent a mc.
Still zero appetite. Eating english muffins every 2 hours though. Going without the Zofran now. Yay!

Zero degrees here in NY..Couldn't ask for a better time of year to be going through this!

Thanks mack for that link..going to read it now to get a good laugh.

I WISH I was on bed rest!! With 2 kids and a dog, that is never going to happen! :haha:

hopie, I am SO GLAD to hear you've finally gotten some relief. I saw this article today about HG and thought of you https://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=12377e23671e94a1a47460ebd&id=1d572f5679

It had some interesting advice involving lemons, but mostly made the point that none of us can really appreciate how badly you've had things these past weeks. I really am glad to hear you're feeling better!

Oh my gosh..Uni. You are amazing!! Thank you for sending me this. This article on hg hits the nail right on the head. Thankfully only 1percent experience the misery. And I loved this line:
Do remember that you aren't dying and you WILL get better.

You're the best. Thank you! How are you feeling?
I am down to 8 mg of Zofran now from 32 and have not thrown up since Saturday...Yay!!

Wishing- oh that is tough then with 2 little ones. My doctor said just pelvic rest is recommended.

Said a prayer for everyone in church today.

Mac- the scary mommy link was hilarious. Thank you! Yes, OH's old t-shirt and sweats and unwashed hair.. I looked lovely all Valentine weekend! :))

Thanks -- you all are the best!

Hopie I'm glad you liked the link.

I'm having a hard day today. I've been crying from the moment I woke up. I went back to sleep after breakfast and slept all day. When I wasn't sleeping, I was crying. I just really miss our daughter and want her back.

I have a scan on Wednesday. Hopefully that will cheer me up. I also have to work all day tomorrow, so hopefully that will be distracting. I'm generally too busy to cry at work.

Uni, hugs honey I'm very sorry. Allow yourself these times though. Of course you are excited about the new baby and Weds should cheer you up, but you still need time to grieve for your girl. I'm glad you had some time off work while this was happening.

Hopie OMG I'm glad you are feeling better. I seriously don't know how you have survived this far!! I've been on 8-12mg of zofran a day and usually I just feel like I want to get sick but only actually do 1-2 times a day, and then sometimes go a few days without. And I've been a big whiney butt about it! haha, just ask my husband. I think my biggest problem is how tired I am, which I know is a side affect of Zofran and Progesterone. Soon I'll be off both and praying some energy returns.

Wishing, I'm glad things are still going well. Hope you manage to get some rest, but omg toddlers. Good luck. ;)

InVivo my purse is huge and heavy bc I always have protein bars, nuts, rice cakes and cheese sticks with me. and sometimes a juice box.

Oh Uni, I am really sorry. It is normal to have days like that where you just want to cry. You experienced an unimaginable loss. I admire your strength so much. You are truly an inspiration to me. I pray every day your new pregnancy goes well, as you so deserve. I hope work was a good distraction today..yes, it usually is. Just go easy on yourself and talk on here or to whoever you can when you feel the need. All these feelings are normal and to be expected. Thoughts and prayers are with you. :flower:

Thank you Mack! That is good you aren't actually getting sick too often. I did something stupid- trying to go a day without Zofran. I feel the nausea creeping back. I am so sick of the side effect- constipation!- that makes the sickness worse. I hope I can manage to take a drug break at least for today. I didn't know it causes tiredness also? I gave up reading side effects after reading them on my other drug, Reglan (which I quit)..they were scary and I think it caused depression.

Yes, this fatigue is just unreal.
On the bright side, at least we are feeling crummy and have to stay in during the worst weather months of the year. :)

Crap! I mean, I wish. I didn't know constipation was a side effect of Zofran...ugh. I read the pamphlet and missed that. I thought it was my prenatal, which was weird because it's the same one I took before and didn't have problems. I'm going to try to get it down to just 1 (4mg) zofran a day then. I've been so miserable I skipped my prenatal the last 2 days because I thought it was from too much iron. ugggh

Crap! I mean, I wish.

I feel bad for both of you. But mack you really gave me a good laugh with how you said it. Thanks - I needed a laugh <3

I had a better day today than yesterday. Thank you both for your kindness and words of encouragement.

So glad you are feeling much better, Uni!! Good and bad days... and I think you will definitely have more and more good.

Mack- that was funny! Yes, I found about it from the hg board.. and it makes the nausea worse. Constipation is something Ive never talked about in my life but omg..it is unreal. Nothing is helping so I am going to resort to Duculax (sp) which I read is safe. Yes, vitamins with the iron can add to it too. I feel so guilty I have been too sick to take my prenatals. This poor baby!!

Hope you are feeling better today. Hope I can soon reduce to 4 mg too. I cut back yesterday but woke up at 5am throwing up 20 times! (sorry-- had to vent!).

Scheduled my nt scan and blood test for next week. Nurse said I am 10wk5days today... I was like no, I thought I was just over 11wks. Every day counts in getting out of this hellish (God forgive me!) trimester!!!

;)

the OB gave me some samples of dulcalax and I took one yesterday. Lots of weird stomach twinges so hopefully soon something happens. Oh the joys and magic of being prego. :haha:

So sorry about waking up at 5 am sick! I still think I'm going to have to still take 2 a day, but hopefully just a few weeks left. urgh.

Oh, I expressed my guilt to the OB because I couldn't take my prenatal for awhile either. She basically said, don't worry girl the baby is robbing you of everything it needs. So I'll feel exhausted and like crap from it but baby will be just fine. :D

Great you got samples, Mack. I got at drugstore and it is $$$. Oh yes, the joys of pregnancy.
I hate to sound ungrateful but I would just like to feel at least part human again.
I'm sorta scared to take 2 tonight b/c I will probably wake up with cramping.. I don't like laxatives..but have no choice.

Great OB reassured you about the vit's. Mine said pretty much the same thing. She said it is more important I take the prenatals in the next 2 tris.

I wish the food aversions would end. I even have them towards people! I really hope mood improves in 2nd tri too. :)

Feel like a complainer tonight. Sorry. On the bright side, February is halfway over! :)

No, you have been through a lot and barely complained at all. I know we're all pleased as punch even about the bad side effects since it means we're prego. :) :)

uni and wishing, how are you today? and invivo, twins sinking in yet??

Thanks Mack. It's been a rough 7 weeks. Both my parents being ill is also making me depressed. Iknow I should make an appt. to go talk with someone but I feel too sick still!
Woke up 5am with bad pains from taking the duc. But it did help..a little!
I hope you're having a good day today.

Yes, Inviv- has twins sunk in yet and how are you feeling?

Hope everyone is well.

Hopie, I agree with Mack - you could complain a lot more than you do and it would be justified! You're a trooper! I have so much admiration for you because frankly I think that if I were in your shoes with what you've had to deal with these past weeks, I would have given up. Way to be amazing!

I have two updates. First, had a scan yesterday and got to see the heart flutter and the little bean squirm around. So that was nice. It still looks like a blob and not a baby but they said she's growing right on schedule. I get to go back next week to have blood drawn for some genetic screening that will reveal the gender. Because of my previous loss, I'm having a lot of gender anxiety. I really hope it's another girl. fx

Second update, by the time I got home today, I had to unbutton the top button of my pants. That's a first. Think I'll be breaking out the maternity pants sooner than later :happydance: I love maternity pants. It's like getting to wear yoga pants everywhere. Only better.

Aside from that, still sleeping way too much and feeling ick more often than not. Starting to get some intensely freaky dreams. Also, I have a total aversion to almost all types of meats, especially bacon and chicken. I'm afraid to feed the cats because the smell of the canned food would be too much for me. But, at least I poo regularly lol I hope that dulcalax does the trick for both you ladies :hugs: I'm kind of lucky in that regard I suppose because the metformin tends towards having the opposite effect. I never though I'd consider that lucky hehe Really hoping you ladies have found relief. Last pregnancy I ate MamaChia Chia Squeeze with great success. Something to try in addition to the ducalax if you need a little more "help". They have it at Whole Foods if you want to try it.

Your turns invivo and wishing <3 how was your day? And, how is everyone else doing? Scrolling back, I see there's a couple ladies we haven't heard from for a minute. I hope everyone is doing alright!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, for the most part!

I have nothing to update really. I have another scan arranged for Wednesday to check the bleeding. I'm hoping it reduced in size or disappeared alltogether!
I still have NO symptoms which is freaking me out. I felt horrendous with my last pregnancy (which was a girl) so am wondering if this is just luck, or a boy..?!

I'm also (tmi) really suffering sexually as we're 'not allowed' until the risk of miscarriage has gone. I'm seriously suffering! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->