September Sapphires

Sweety, gorgeous scan pics! Sounds like your little one is gearing up to be a whopper!!

Hopie, fantastic news on the SCH. How's your sickness?

Me, I had my scan today and it's twins!! Both babies measuring to dates with strong heartbeats and no sign of a cause for the bleeding.

I'm in shock.

Sweety, glad to hear your scan went well!

InVivo - twins??! OH WOW :) I'm shocked, can imagine how surprised you are.
Glad to hear they are both doing great!

Inviv- I was shocked when I first read your big news. I can only imagine how shocked you are! It might take a while to sink in. Congratulations twice!! Soo excited for you! :)))))
How are you feeling this week?

Sickness is same. Thanks for asking. Dr. added another med which helps you eat so I don't keep losing weight and I managed to eat today! :)
Yes, great relief with the SCH. Dr. said they see them very often now since people get scans so much earlier these days and usually resolve on their own. Also said bleeding is usually a very small one in early pregnancy never seen and then clears up on its own! :)

Sweety- such great news on your scan. Yay! How are you feeling this week?

Congrats again. Hope everyone is well!

thank you gals.

invivo,double Congratulations to you hun. I was secretly hoping for twins but, they don't run in our family and chances of identical are rare. Are your fraternal?

hopie, I am glad your sch has cleared up and you managed to eat something. Hope the meds give you some relief from sickness.
I am doing ok. sickness is not that bad as of now touchwood but, still can't eat much.
I am just excited to see bean and have forgotten all about ms.

Thanks everyone, I'm slowly getting over the shock!

Looks like mine are fraternal -- they don't share anything at all. I have twins in my family, but not close (two aunts and a cousin all had twins, but one set was identical). I always had it at the very back of my mind as a vague possibility but not a serious one.

All of the problems have been flooding into my mind (odds of preterm birth, I need a new car, cost of childcare!!), but I know it will all sort itself out. I'm very excited.

Hopie, I'm really glad that the sickness is settling. Sounds like this pregnancy is evening out and starting to go smoothly for you at last.

How is everybody else feeling?

I'm only mildly nauseous, and I'm medium tired all the time but not wiped out the way I was with my DS. All things considered this is a very easy pregnancy so far.

InVivo, I'm glad you're having an easy time of it so far :) I hope that lasts. I can't wait for you to start using all the twin emojis :twingirls::twinboys::oneofeach:

Last night, acid reflux kept waking me up. Felt bad for H, as I was up about once an hour because of it. I really have to remember not to eat anything so close to bedtime. Finally remembered I had some papaya enzymes and that helped a lot.
Also, randomly while I'm asleep I'm having horrible nipple pain! To the point it wakes me up. Glad that isn't an all day occurrence. They hadn't been sore at all, then out of no where it was like "BAM" then, back to normal after a few minutes thank goodness.

Nausea is being manageable with the diclegis. If I start to wonder if it's doing anything, all I have to do is forget to take it one night and wake up the next morning filling completely awful. I suffered through the MS last time, this time I feel like I just need to be gentle with myself whenever possible.

One thing I'm really surprised about, I've been taking weekly belly bump photos, and my bump really has gotten more pronounced already. I had read that second pregnancies showed more quickly, but I wasn't expecting this. For those of you on your second or more, is it real? Is it my imagination? Could I really be showing already?! At least I was a little overweight having not lost the baby weight from last time, so in the interest of not wanting to tell people yet I can still play it off like I'm just fat! lol but I'm seriously feeling like I'll have to break out the maternity pants soon and it feels waaaay too soon for that. :huh:

The reassurance from my scan going well lasted exactly three days. I'm all full of worries again. Only 11 more days to go till my next dose of reassurance. Maybe I can just sleep the whole time between now and then.... It's almost a plausible plan :sleep:

I really wish my next scan was this week, not next week :(

edit - I'm trying to focus on how "next week" sounds so soon....

I know how you feel, Uni -- the reassurance wears off fast!

What day next week is your scan?

Wednesday. So, only nine more days.
When do you get to go in next?

Only eight days now -- you can do it!

I'm not back until March 4th, when I'll be 11w2d. My nerves aren't too bad right now, mainly due to a combination of my fairly recent scan, the fact that I definitely feel pregnant and that the majority of my losses have been before that first scan. I had one at 14 weeks, but I'm determined not to think about that for now.

Wow twins! Congratulations!!

Sorry I haven't updated in ages - not much to update with tbh. I have a consultant appointment tomorrow for my recurrent miscarriages (arranged before I fell pregnant) so I'm hoping for some kind of reassurance. I still haven't been checked since my bleed so hopefully they'll do a scan. I keep having dreams that they tell me there's no heartbeat or I'm not actually pregnant! �� Still no symptoms either.
Basically I'm crapping myself!!

Hopefully I'll have a better update tomorrow.

wishing well it's good to see you :hugs:

I just realized that my husband is really not going to be as excited as he was last time. On an intellectual level, I get it. I even realize I won't be as excited either, that a part of me holds back fearful of getting hurt again. But, last time, he wanted to hear about every little symptom and he was so into it. And now, he just has a very flat affect. I know I can't expect him to be as over the moon as he was before, but I just thought he'd be at least a little bit emotive about it :cry:

Thanks for listening ladies. I figured it was better to jump on here rather than have a melt down and start an argument with him. It's not really something I should hold against him, but for just a second it really hurt my feelings and I nearly really over reacted. Thanks for being here to help calm me down. Just expressing this to you, I feel a lot more calm.

So basically, what I'm realizing is that I'm feeling really upset because my husband isn't super excited about the fact that smelling things makes me want to hurl. So, uhm yeah. I'm totally hormonal atm :wacko:

I have news. Good and bad.
Good - baby is fine and measuring well!
Bad - I have another huge bleed (about 6x bigger than baby) right next to the baby so it's likely to happen again. She couldn't say for certain if it would cause another miscarriage, so it's just a case of wait and see!
I've got another scan in 2 weeks.

But for now, I'm definitely pregnant!

Oh wishing! I'm so glad you are still prego. toes and fingers and everything are FX for you.

Wishing I am glad for now it is good news and the baby is alright. Is it an SCH she's seeing?

Since I was ranting yesterday, I wanted to let you ladies know, after I calmed myself down (thanks for letting me rant) I realized the solution was to ask H to set aside some time with me every day to spend time together welcoming baby. As soon as I brought it up, I found out he is actually really excited.

I realized it's not him who's acting differently this pregnancy, it's me.

Wishing I am glad for now it is good news and the baby is alright. Is it an SCH she's seeing?

She couldn't be sure. But whatever it is, it's huge.

I had a sch at 11 weeks with my youngest, but it was a one off.

Wishing, that sounds scary. Hopefully, it just resolves without incident. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->