Spearmint Cysters for Science! | 20 ladies so far!

GP spearmint grows like a WEED! It grows crazy fast and will take over if you don't bar it off with something. Once you got it growing I don't think you'd have any problem with having enough on hand!!!

Yes, and not having a yard of my own is bad mojo for aggressive plants! :haha: I would have to keep it contained in pots. But I would love to grow my own for tea, as well as make a rose hip/spearmint blend. I think it would be super for TTC/pregnancy with PCOS!

I'm on my 2nd cup of the day. I'm quite surprised by how enjoyable it is. I've been drinking RLT this cycle as I did in the latter stages of my pregnancy with DD and its such a struggle to drink it, spearmint in comparison is lovely!

I've been reading up a bit more about it and I'm surprised by all the benefits, I read on one article that it's quite beneficial for acne and breakouts so if it doesn't aid in conception at least my skin might clear up.

It does that by function of lowering testosterone. High testosterone can cause lots of problems in women:

Deep voice, skin discoloration, excessive body hair (hirsutism), deep voice, weight gain, difficulty with weight loss, acne, increased muscle mass, cycle irregularity, infertility, cysts, and more!

The tea lowers the testosterone, and lessens these symptoms over time. So if your symptoms are caused by elevated testosterone, then the tea should help! :)

I have noticed that I'm not breaking out as much with this pregnancy as I did with my last two failed ones. :)

It does seem to be quite the little wonder tea!

I was naughty this morning and mixed it with (decaf) double chocolate coffee... Holy hell...

Hey ladies. On recommendation, I just had my first cup of spearmint tea. It took over two months for me to cycle after my d&c, and my bleeding/spotting and BBTs have been all over the place since, so hopefully this smooths everything out. I bought a brand called Alvita at Whole Foods. I'll let you know if I notice a difference. Also have an appointment with an infertility doc tomorrow. Thanks for the tip and good luck to everyone!

Hi ladies can i join you please? I am not ttc but i really need to take control of my pcos. I'm on cd 48 i think with no ov but my body has tried to ov twice this month already. Can i ask aquestion? Those of you with long cycles do you spot at all? I have 3 episodes of brown / pink ewcm ( sorry tmi) which my dr thinks is down to pcos. Do any have that? I also have excessive hair & I'm quite spotty & my weight is a nightmare x

GingerPanda (Arigatou gozaimasu! :happydance: ) Well, after taking the depo shot it was taking a little longer than expected for my cycle to get back to normal, so my doctor decided to test my hormones to see if anything was wrong. If I remember correctly I was diagnosed based on an elevated androgen level. The doctor prescribed me Metformin and after being on it for about two months my cycle went right back to what it was before being on depo. They did find one ovarian cyst a couple years ago that was causing me moderate pain, I don't think I've had any more since then though, or if I have I haven't felt them. :shrug: I'm really excited for my tea to get here, I've been looking into natural fertility supplements for about a week but until I saw this thread it didn't occur to me to try something specifically for PCOS, makes so much sense.

Welcome new ladies!

littlebaby05, I have some Avita bags as a backup for when I'm traveling. It's pretty good!

Pinkycat, I have only very rarely had spotting, but I do know some women have it. Maybe someone who spots more often would have more information on it?

Yuki, testosterone is an androgen, so the tea will help! :thumbup:

Ladies who haven't started your tea yet, just let me know when you do so I can add you to the front page!

Pinkycat I spot but it's usually during the luteal phase for me. Anytime from 2dpo onward. It tends to be pink for a couple days then goes to brown. Mine could be do to ovulation, it's always very painful for me but I'm not positive. Good luck!

Idk if it's from the tea or my rigorous skin care routine but the persistent cystic acne on my chin is going away. Thank goodness! My chin was really starting to look disgusting, like I had 4-5 tumors growing in a very small spot on ny face. Yuck! It's funny that I didn't have acne anywhere else on ny face.

Yay my spearmint tea bags are finally here! Am about to try my first cup!

AF has arrived! I'm disappointed, but at the same time I'm happy as this is the first normal cycle I've had since June last year! :) I'm hoping my hormones are settling down, and things will be easier for us from now on. Thank you for all of your support. X

Yay for a normal cycle! That's a big deal, especially after so long! :happydance:

That's great Rebecca! A normal cycle is always a good thing! :thumbup:

Yay thanks for my ticker GP! :). Just finishing my first mug and it's not bad!

That's great news Rebecca! Let's hope it's a sign of things to come :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->