Spearmint Cysters for Science! | 20 ladies so far!

Vitex is agnus castus. It didn't do anything for me on its own. I did take it for a bit with the tea, but I don't know if it had time to really help before I got knocked up. I actually have an extra bottle I'll never use. I also have a ton of spearmint tea I can't drink! I've found the capsules are great for my routine. One in the morning with my levothyroxine and Zofran, and one at night with my vit D and prenatal. I take progesterone morning and night too. I feel like a pill popper these days!

I'm sorry you think you might have had a chemical. I hope your docs are able to help you out, and that the pain subsides. The painful period could also be your body giving itself a really good clear out. I had light periods usually, but every now and them I would get a really bad one. I would just imagine that I had a nice squeaky clean uterus now for a bean to burrow into.

Thank you ladies :hugs: I might give them a try, I thought I read once that they weren't suitable to be taken whilst pregnant thought, so do you have to stop if you think you might be? :shrug: I don't want to run the risk of completely messing my cycles up again if they don't work though. I think this could just be a light period, as the spotting started on Friday, so might not of even been pregnancy related! If so, that would've been another normal 30 day cycle. X

Hopefully it completely stops within a couple of days, then I can wait to ovulate. X

Vitex should not be taken during pregnancy or suspected pregnancy. When I said I was taking capsules, I meant spearmint capsules. :thumbup:

Ah right, I see! Really debating if it's worth a try.. Along with the tea.. X

Not sure hun. The two times I have tried it, I have had 60+ day anovulatory cycles. Same as when I tried soy iso.
Worth a shot, though, if you think it might help. Did you use anything when you had your first little one? It might just be time that you need. I stopped using anything other than spearmint tea, prenatals and vitamin D because everything else seemed to mess with my cycle - obv that's just my experience

i take the agnus castus only til cd 14 16 tops so if i were to get pregnant it wouldnt have an effect, i actually took it the cycle i fell with my son

Thanks girls. I didn't take anything with my daughter, but she was a nice surprise! :haha: Crazy how I fell pregnant with her, not even trying, this time me and OH are trying and trying, still nothing! :shrug: X

I might leave it this cycle, see how it goes :) I'd like to regulate on my own! I'm nearly there tbh. X

I know some people take vitex during their pregnancies.... I'd ask your dr about it.

I'm sorry for your chemical. How stressful and sad. :hugs:

Vitex really helped my cycles! I take it throughout because some people say stopping suddenly can cause a drop in progesterone and then a mc. No BFPs yet, though.

Omg how can 1 day bring so much goodness!
first jamies eye which ive waited for ages arrived in the post,
then my weigh in id lost 1.5lbs despite af!
then jamie had a pre school open day I dreaded it expected him to freak out but he loved it.. I didnt get a second glance
then the most exciting!!!
I got my fertility appointment! I rang them because I was told id get a letter in feb/march so I wanted to make sure they had my new address! And she said well I can see your name at nearly the top here! So I can safely say your appointment will either be Wednesday april 15th or the 22nd!!
I was referred last feb in 2014! Thats after trying for 13 months so finally 26 months of trying and 14 months waiting im going to be seen!

thanks be nice to finally get some where! maybe metformin and im told most likely to try fermara since clomid did nothing for me

i know i thought id never get to see the day where ive a date! of course i could of gone private but while david is still doing his phd def couldnt afford it. i just hope when we go in they have a plan.. i dont wanna get there and wait longer for different things

Fingers crossed they have a plan for you!

I'm not sure the clomid is doing anything for me. My temps look EXACTLY the same as normal.

well you always ovulated on your own didnt you? all clomid does is increase oestrogen so i dunno if it would show any difference to your temps, hopefully you wont get any spotting though. im not sure if clomid helps progesterone i read on a pcos fb page to avoid any thing that could increase oestrogen because it actually makes it worse if your low on progesterone but i dunno how true that is. hopefull you get a bfp regardless of what the temps do.

thanks i wonder what they will do first with me.. i dont wanna wait around any more!

Vitex really messed up my cycles.

Redrose - clomid doesn't increase oestrogen, it is an anti-oestrogen and tricks the brain in to thinking that oestrogen levels are low. Once the brain thinks oestrogen it increases the release of FSH which then stimulates the development of mature follicles prior to ovulation :)

It tricks the body into making more oestrogen I thought, thinking its low and it sends out more, anyway I dont think clomid fixes progesterone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->