Spearmint Cysters for Science! | 20 ladies so far!

No, just tricks the body into thinking oestrogen levels are low because FSH only gets produced when oestrogen levels are low/drop...more oestrogen would just confuse things and prevent FSH being produced :)

Progesterone is produced by the corpus luteum, after ovulation :)

Either way I don't think it has done anything for me. As usual we will just have to wait and see

Im pretty scared at how heavy af is! Af started monday very light, bit heavier Tuesday, heavy wednesday but nothing over the top, Wednesday night zumba so thursday was so so heavy, then friday seven heavier but it slowed down by the evening so I thought phew, but today again so so mucn! I dont understand why so heavy ive never seen it so bad I feel sick! I dunno is it cuz ive lost weight and im having a good clear out or the exercise is making it heavier. . Im just wondering if anyone has had experience with having pcos and extremely hesvy af?

Red rose possibly you are just having a good clear out. If it's been a long cycle for you then that could explain AF being heavier than normal.
Could also be something else has increased your lining ie a reduction in male hormones cause by mint tea has enabled your female hormones to do their job and create a cushy lining for little bean. Meaning more lining to break down just a guess / thought.

How long was your last cycle Red Rose? It was a normal length right?

I've had crazy heavy periods with really long cycles, but normally with average length they're normal. If it keeps up for more days I'd go to the dr to make sure everything is okay.

Hi girls I have undiagnosed but suspected PCOS. Whilst I wait for the NHS to sort me out I thought I would try herbal stuff.

My latest issue (after the immense post pill weight gain and no AF between December and late feb) is thick black hair growing on my tummy.

So I looked it, saw spearmint tea is recommended, and found you guys!

At the moment I am armed with spearmint tea, red raspberry leaf tea, soy isoflavones and normal pre conception vitamins

What should I take, how often (specifically the spearmint tea) and should I get some vitex too?

:hi:
I have one - two cups of spearmint tea a day, usually morning and night, and then I'll have my seven seas trying for a baby tablets every night. I have been debating trying vitex myself, but my last two cycles have been within normal range, so I think I'm just going to wait it out - I don't want to risk messing them all up again after waiting a year for them to return to normal! I've heard it's powerful stuff, and only works if your cycles are extremely long. GL! :) x

oh, I forgot to mention, I have PCOS too! my period was starting every two weeks at one point, but now I seem to be lasting a month between bleeds, sometimes a little over a month! great progress really. :) I think it's a combination of the tea, vitamins and losing weight that has helped me.

:hi:
I have one - two cups of spearmint tea a day, usually morning and night, and then I'll have my seven seas trying for a baby tablets every night. I have been debating trying vitex myself, but my last two cycles have been within normal range, so I think I'm just going to wait it out - I don't want to risk messing them all up again after waiting a year for them to return to normal! I've heard it's powerful stuff, and only works if your cycles are extremely long. GL! :) x

oh, I forgot to mention, I have PCOS too! my period was starting every two weeks at one point, but now I seem to be lasting a month between bleeds, sometimes a little over a month! great progress really. :) I think it's a combination of the tea, vitamins and losing weight that has helped me.

My longest cycle was 58 days followed by 20 days but both those cycles ended in bleeds that were only really spotting so I wasn't sure if they counted. Prior to that I had 38, 28, 35, and 38 day cycles

Losing weight is an on going battle for me: this week I have been on three runs; to a 50 mins high impact aerobics class and eaten less than 1500 calories per day. I've gained 2lb. Ive done nothing but gain weight since I stopped the pill 9 months ago. 15lb in total. Never eat more than 1500 calories and always do at least an hours exercise a week.

I also only seem to gain weight, no matter how hard I exercise. Turns out I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism. Since I've been treating it with levothyroxine, the weight has slowly started to fall off without really trying. I've lost about 10lbs since December.

it might be because of PCOS that you're struggling to lose weight, I'm the same! it takes A LOT for me to even start losing some, yet I can gain it so easily! :dohh: I find it quite a bit harder than most people to shift the weight once it is there, my doctor said it can be a symptom :shrug: whatever it is, it sucks! :haha: I've just been watching what I eat, drinking lots of water and exercising when I can - my general fitness has improved, even if I haven't lost LOADS. (the hospital did advise I lose some, but I'm only just classed as overweight)

yeah, my cycles always seem to vary now.. this last one was 34 days, (although I started spotting at 30 days, AF didn't reach full flow until 34 days!) then the one before that was 28 days. :wacko: it's all so confusing, but I'm very thankful they're so much more regular now than they were 8 months ago, at least I know that I ovulate these days! :thumbup: x

I also only seem to gain weight, no matter how hard I exercise. Turns out I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism. Since I've been treating it with levothyroxine, the weight has slowly started to fall off without really trying. I've lost about 10lbs since December.

Had my thyroid checked. Came back ok apparently. I'm 13st as of this morning (which angered me greatly as I had dropped back down to 12st12 last week and was 11st12 when I got married in July!) I'm awaiting a pelvic ultrasound and then maybe a testosterone levels check. Initial bloods showed slightly elevated LH

I can't tell you how many times I've had my thyroid checked over the years. SO MANY TIMES! And my TSH would always come back "normal". Then they FINALLY caught it at 89.88, when it's supposed to be about 1! So crazy. Turns out Hashimoto's was eating my thyroid, and it was just wildly fluctuating as it tried to stabilize. But Hashi's ate about 50% and now it just doesn't work anymore.

I think any woman who has even a couple of the symptoms of hypothyroid should get their TSH checked at least once a year. Also, most labs will say anything up to 4 or even 5 is "normal", but that is not the case. My endocrinologist doesn't even want mine to get up to 2.

I can't tell you how many times I've had my thyroid checked over the years. SO MANY TIMES! And my TSH would always come back "normal". Then they FINALLY caught it at 89.88, when it's supposed to be about 1! So crazy. Turns out Hashimoto's was eating my thyroid, and it was just wildly fluctuating as it tried to stabilize. But Hashi's ate about 50% and now it just doesn't work anymore.

I think any woman who has even a couple of the symptoms of hypothyroid should get their TSH checked at least once a year. Also, most labs will say anything up to 4 or even 5 is "normal", but that is not the case. My endocrinologist doesn't even want mine to get up to 2.

I will ask what my TSH was next time I go and complain to my doctor about something (probably that rhe hospital still haven't seen me) need to show her my ridiculously hairy belly which has taken two weeks to grow longer than my eyelashes. I've always had hair there and shaved it but it's never grown this fast or thick and dark

That sounds like testosterone. Hypo would be if you feel like you're losing more hair from your head than you think it's normal, cold hands and feet, circulation issues, stubborn weight gain, fatigue, poor memory / scatterbrained, even depression. It also screws with your cycles, and will cause miscarriages if untreated. I hope you don't have PCOS and hypothyroidism, but I guess I'm proof that managing the two conditions properly can mean success. :)

Hopefully your TSH was less than 2!

my thyroid went out of whack last year it was a tad high and i was constantly tired, i was on the meds for about 4 months then dr said i could try come off it see if it is ok, so far its within a normal range thankfully! but im tired again lately but thinking it might be low iron.

gosh im working so hard the last 2 weeks on my chocolates for the easter market on the 22nd! i also have jamies eye test on friday which im absolutely dreading.. i know hes not gonna co operate at all. i just want all of his appointments over with, they are so stressful for him and me!

ive mange to drink one large mug of spearmint tea a day which im sure is like 2 cups. and my skins cleared up nicely after af!

RedRose, make sure they check it every month when you get pregnant. Pregnancy increases the work load on your thyroid, and you will most likely have to go back on the medicine. So make sure you stay on top of that when you get your next BFP. :)

Wow, I'm surprised to hear you could come off it, RedRose. When I got diagnosed HypoT the doctor made it very clear that if I decided to go the medication route (it's subclinical HypoT, so very mild case) that I would have to stay on it for life. But I definitely second GP's words: a wonky thyroid can cause miscarriages, and miscarriages/pregnancy can make a wonky thyroid worse! Gotta keep a close eye on it. Honestly, given how common the condition is, I'm surprised it's not just checked routinely by doc's.

That sounds like testosterone. Hypo would be if you feel like you're losing more hair from your head than you think it's normal, cold hands and feet, circulation issues, stubborn weight gain, fatigue, poor memory / scatterbrained, even depression. It also screws with your cycles, and will cause miscarriages if untreated. I hope you don't have PCOS and hypothyroidism, but I guess I'm proof that managing the two conditions properly can mean success. :)

Hopefully your TSH was less than 2!

That does sound like me except the hair thing. It sometimes does come out in big clumps but generally doesn't seem thin or anything. I'm always freezing though

My hair doesn't seem thin either, but it's always falling out. It has gotten better since I've been on the meds.

My hair used to be absolutely terribly thin! BUT I think it was stress related as it stopped since I left the ambulance service

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->