Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chart/Stats *New 2011*

Sherylb: How late was your ovulation this month? Are you normally battling irregular cycles or did you just come off birth control???

I still don't know if I have ovulated this month. I'm on CD14, and I was calculated to O on CD11 or so... Negative OPK's, but maybe I missed my surge or maybe it's still coming???

Anyone have any thoughts on this??? :shrug:

I would NEVER go by the calculated ovulation date. I have been known to ovulate anywhere between CD11-CD19!!! so a huge difference and generally outwith what most calculators say is the norm on a 28 day cycle. I would start testing twice a day if you are using IC's and really try and hold that pee in for four hours, you might just have a short LH surge, mine never lasts more than a day.

I agree with Glowstar. What are you using to calculate O date anyway?

Hi BabyGirl! if you go back a couple of pages and you have an Ebay account I have added a link of a really good seller who ships really quickly and worldwide.

I have similar cycle lengths to you and usually start using OPK's one a day mid afternoon on CD7. I would usually start using 2 a day around CD10 as some of us have a really short LH surge and you could miss it, so one mid afternoon and another one around 8.00pm. Also my reasoning behind this is I have been known to ovulate anywhere between CD11-19 so I like to start testing early just in case I ovulate early.
I can't really advise on temps top much as this is my first cycle temping :winkwink:

i dont have a credit card (i wouldn't trust myself) and no one know's im trying so can't get them online i would do them twice a day but there mad expensive when you buy them in the chemist :growlmad: cos i live in ireland we don't have a great selection of opk brands and i find the ones with lines kinda confusing (i know i sound stupid) so was gonna buy the smilies and do them mid day but do u really need to do them twice a day??? cos that's gonna be expensive! :growlmad: and is it true that u ovulate between 16 and 12 days before ur period?? or am i wrong?? sorry im new to this!

Maybe you could start a new thread on the TTC forum and ask for people specifically in Ireland to make suggestions? I am not sure what would be available there versus here in the U.S.

DTD everyday can actually lower sperm count. It's very difficult to be romantic when everything seems to be planned with such military precision :shrug: We tried BD'ing every day for 2 weeks in December and still BFN.

We had to sit down and have a chat about both wanting the same thing and reaching that goal while we are both singing from the same song sheet and realising that the "just going with the flow" approach wasn't working. Si9nce this chat I have got OH on vitamins, we are using conceive plus, which he is happy about too.
You can't win with men, you give them sex everyday and they moan, you don't give them sex....they moan...no happy medium!! :haha:

I agree with Glowstar. What are you using to calculate O date anyway?

being honest i joined fertility friend and was charting my cm thats about it and of course having loads of sex! im new to this and im only gone 21 so kinda confused :growlmad:
doc'sthink i could possibly have endo having surgery in afew months but had scans done everything looked normal and they could tell i was ovulating from the scan dunno how somrthing to do with a follicle they could tell that i had defo ovulated so thats a good thing!

Good idea Sheryl :winkwink: surely someone on here knows where to get cheap OPK's in Ireland :shrug:

Yes, the 'norm/average' is classed as ovualting 14 days before next AF due....BUT that is the 'norm' and to be honest I don't know many people, even on this thread that ovulate according to text book which is why OPK's and temps help us pinpoint it better. If it works out too expensive, once a day would be enough, just make sure you limit your liquid intake and hold your pee for four hours :winkwink:

Just thinking......if you can't afford or can't get the OPK's maybe you could get hold of a cheap saliva microscope. I have experience in using these and they are pretty good once you get used to reading them....just another option :winkwink:

yeah my oh moans when i dont give him sex and when i ask for loads he moans ya can't win! the main opk brands we have over here is clearblue, first response and boots ovulation tests. think i will go with the clearblue ones! do you think using opk's just once a day will be ok?? im gonna start temping too. im currently taking vitex,epo,vitamin b6 and folic acid and gonna start robitussin and grapefruit juice from day 10.

thanx glowstar and sherylb u have been a great help the cheapest opks i can get are suresign ones for 15euro which is about $20 for 5 that's the cheapist i can get clearblue (the one with the smiley faces) is 28euro so about $35 dollars for 7 :-(

There has to be a cheaper way. I just am not familiar enough with your country to know what it is.

Every other day BDing is supposed to be plenty. Every day is downright exhausting.

Sherylb and Glowstar: I just mean the online ovulation calculators, where it asks when your first day of your last cycle started and on average how many days your cycles are... I don't only go by this, but it helps with narrowing down my fertile period. Then, I have been doing OPK's but around 11am, not twice a day though (the cost is unreal), plus I have been charting/temping, and the charting just confuses me even more. But, I agree that it could just be a short surge and that's why it may have been missed.

And Sherylb: I meant have you taken a pregnancy test yet this month or is it still too early? I can see you're 11DPO, but it doesn't tell me when you are going to test! I was just wondering, and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Yes, I have had 4 bfns already this month. I am not sure when I will test again. It's quite depressing. My tests are in the "Test" line on my chart. I am trying not to mention them. :-(

Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't see them... New to all this and fertilityfriend. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I'm used to BFN's too. :cry: :hugs:

Its ok. I still think this is our month. My body is just taking its sweet time as usual.

Waiting to make sure its not spotting before I put in ff.

Are you feeling crampy? Maybe it's a good spotting? I hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->