Spring/Summer IUI support thread

aayla - sounds like you have a plan all figured out, glad the procedure was quick for you!

beemeck - i'm not that familiar with temping, can you tell based on that for sure the day that you ovulated??

afm ... I have never gone from the happiest to the saddest person so quickly in one day. I was SO excited and happy this morning after my positive digital, called and booked my blood work for Thursday. Then this afternoon went to the washroom and (sorry for tmi) but when I wiped there was red blood on the toilet paper, no more came out, and then a couple hours later I went and there wasn't red blood but very faint reddish/brown colour, I am so terrified AF is starting. Anyone know much about chemical pregnancies? Or any other reason I could have been having some cramping and spotting?? I have also been having mild cramps... At least Thursday after blood work I should know either way I would hope based on beta.

It really could be nothing. A lot of women cramp and spot early on and everything turns out fine. Just so you know it's not 100% going to end badly! It could be nothing and I am SO keeping my fingers crossed tightly for you love <3

Like Bee said it could be nothing.

the term chemical pregnancy is a misnomer. It is usually given to a pregnancy that is detected before your period is due but when your period date comes you are on time or just a few days late. This period will likely be slightly heavier and/or longer than normal. But it is still a pregnancy. and it is still a miscarriage. (hence the heavier and longer af).

I do hope this is not what you are going through. fx for you!

thanks ladies..I have read a lot of stories of women who have bleeding early on and it has turned out ok, but it doesn't make it any less scary. I also know someone who had what seemed like normal AF right on schedule for her first couple of months of pregnancy. So far I have only seen traces of blood when I wipe...it will be a long wait to get blood work back on Thursday. Do you know if (based on beta) they will know for sure if it's a chemical or not?

Not the first one. (unless your number is out of range for how far along you should be). They will usually do a beta, then wait 48 hours and do another. If the number isn't doubling properly or going down then it is likely a miscarriage. sometimes if the number goes up but isn't double they will do it again. Just to see what your numbers are doing. some double up to every 72 hours.

okay thanks..sorry to be a downer :( this thread has been so positive for the most part so far. I'll keep you guys updated on how things go

Aw Kate I know how scary it is. I was in the same boat a year ago and it was the most awful thing because my situation had a bad ending but was also vastly different. It's so, so scary and I'm sorry you are going through this. I didn't have much time to post in the first response but also really wanted to respond bc I know how frightening it is. I would call your doc and let them know you are bleeding after a pos digi and they should do a blood draw for you tomorrow ....

I have been through it as well. 4 days past when af was due I started spotting. I went to the hospital the next day and then I had to wait a week because no one would give me another blood draw, I finally went to my regular gp. From the sunday to the friday it went from 365 to 31. It was confirmed then. and it was hell not knowing. so make sure to insist in getting what you want. No one should have to wait it out and not know.

But we are here for you. Update us. while it is sad you need to know that you have people who understand, which can be so important when you don't have them in RL.

okay so no cramping since late afternoon yesterday, took another test this morning and by far the darkest I have taken so far so I am hoping that is a good sign. I have also gone to the washroom like 10 times between when I saw red and now because I am so nervous and so far ALL clear. Crossing my fingers, toes, everything I can that it was just a random bit of spotting and I won't see it again.

beemeck and aayla - thank you so much for the support. <3

I'm glad the line is getting darker Kate, I hope everything continues to be ok!

I had another observation this morning, I go back in tomorrow and IUI will probably be on Saturday. So I'm feeling a bit more positive about how things are going.

I feel a bit scared, as I have several follicles that are all in the same range size wise so if they all release an egg. I feel like the chance for multiples is even higher.

Kate26- That's good and I'm glad that it stopped. My everything is crossed for you honey.

danser55- That's great news and hopefully that won't be the case. I'm sure they would let you know and advise you on what is or isn't going to happen

Kate26- That's good and I'm glad that it stopped. My everything is crossed for you honey.

danser55- That's great news and hopefully that won't be the case. I'm sure they would let you know and advise you on what is or isn't going to happen

Thanks! I go back in tomorrow so we will see what happens.

danser - at least you have a great chance of one of those follicles doing exactly what it needs to! :)

thanks everyone for the support!! seriously, you have helped me get through this past couple of weeks like you wouldn't believe <3

Still all clear when I've been using the washroom.. I also stopped googling things like "chemical pregnancy" or "miscarriage" and instead starting looking at stories of people that had spotting when AF was due and everything turned out just fine, it is way more common than I thought so that gives me hope. Also the fact that my tests are just getting stronger and stronger and the AF cramps are gone. Trying to regain my positive attitude and KNOW that everything will work out!! :)

I haven't posted much since I'm not doing iui but I've been reading along and I have wanted to say Kate you're in my thoughts! I hope everything turns out wonderful!

Kate: that is great news. I'm glad it has stopped and the tests are darker. My everything is crossed for you as well

Danser: how exciting it is coming up so soon!! if you do have multiple follies the same size will you skip the cycle. Some docs want you to do that if you have the chance at multiples. or more than 2 anyway. Some are okay with taking the chance on twins. but 3 or more they tend to back away from. Hubby and I have discussed it and we are all for multiples. we are a crazy bunch :haha:

Aayla-My RE did warn us in the beginning about multiples but hasn't said anything about cancelling this cycle or being concerned. I am a bit though since my lead follicle or follicles are 3 all about the same size. I do not want to be offered some reality TV show for having like 6 kids at once.

For those on IUI #2 or who have already triggered, do you mind sharing what your follicle sizes were? I was told this morning to step down my dosage again, but then I was told a little while ago not to step down. So ok.

Does trigger release the eggs 36 hours later regardless of maturity, or will the egg only release once it's mature? Sorry for the dumb questions.

danser - while I have no experience with a trigger, I feel like I have read in several places it will only release mature eggs? But of course I don't know that 100%

I have now been over 24hrs since that one tiny bit of red on the toilet paper! yay! and zero AF cramps! I downloaded the "what to expect" app when I first got my bfp a few days ago, and as I sat here obsessing over stories online, it popped up with a notification telling me what to expect of my body right now, almost word for word said you can expect red/pink/brown spotting as the fertilized egg is snuggling in to your body, and cramps at this stage are nothing to worry about. Just in case any of the other ladies experience the same thing, it was major reassurance for me after reading that :)
Also, some days with work I spend the majority of the day at a computer
(hence the million daily posts sometimes LOL) sorry !

Danser my follicle was 21mm. I believe the trigger shot releases the egg 36 hours regardless but from what I understand the follicle grows 1-2mm a day including the 36 hours post trigger. I didn't need to trigger this cycle because it happened on its own so I can't be sure !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->