Symptoms by DPO. AF or BFP??? (please read first post)

Hiiiii! I’m new to this site and excited to share my symptoms as this is our first cycle trying for our first!

1-4 DPO - Super sore and tender breasts, always around the same time, 5 am.

5 DPO - Husband cooked me a burger patty while I was asleep and woke up extremely nauseated from the smell of it. I would usually be excited from smelling it. Could not get the smell out of my nose and was nauseated until I left the house for work. Actually put Vick’s under my nose to try to not smell it.
Slightly nauseated the rest of the day.
Also (WEIRD) two coworkers brought up me being pregnant kind of unexpectedly.

6 DPO - started getting these weird cramps 2x. Still with the heavy nausea.

7 DPO - Cw cm, light cramping on right side, heavy nausea, started noticing some pimples on my face.

8 DPO - Early morning cramps on right side, light. Cw cm. Light cramping throughout at night.

9 DPO - Medium cramping, important to note I never get early cramping before AF. My uterus feels weird? Can’t explain the sensation. Lots of Cw cm.

10 DPO - (Today) Tried to take an early Pregnancy test and it came back invalid! Lol. Fail. Will just wait now.

Sidebar: I have been more tired than usual, severe bouts of emotions, and insomnia since probably about 2-3 DPO.

Wish everyone the best!!

I think this is our 8th month ttc:

O day- brief pain in left ovary in the morning, pain on and off in right ovary and pain in lower abdomen at night
1DPO - fatigue, boobs feel fuller but not painful, headache
2DPO - fatigue, boobs feel fuller but not painful, brief pain in right ovary in the morning, small bit of ewcm in the evening
3DPO - fatigue, woke up with a headache, bbs starting to get a little bit sore (this is normal for me before AF), no cm
4DPO - fatigue, boobs are only a little bit sore still, no cm, felling really cold (I’m never cold), had a little bit of acid reflux after dinner (also never get)
5DPO - fatigue, boobs just a little bit sore, no cm, feeling really cold again, small bit of acid reflux in the morning
6DPO - fatigue, boobs only a little bit sore, no cm, brief pain in right ovary during the night, had to get up to pee during the night (never have to do that), increased hunger
7DPO - bfn, fatigue, sore bbs, no cm, increased hunger, sleep talking
8DPO - bfn, fatigue, sore bbs, no cm, increased hunger, sleep talking, tiny bit of brown blood when I wiped in the morning (sorry if tmi!), light cramps in the afternoon
9DPO - bfn, fatigue, sore bbs, no cm, think I’m out this month, thought I would’ve got a faint line on an IC from today if I was pregnant but both the IC and FRER were completely negative, really sore head at bed time and feeling a bit nauseous. More bfn on night time IC.
10DPO - bfn with fmu on both IC and FRER, fatigue, sore bbs, no cm, coldsore, mild cramps on and off from lunch time, think AF is starting soon
11DPO - bfn with fmu and IC, fatigue, sore bbs, no cm, mild cramps on and off
12DPO - bfn with fmu and IC, fatigue, sore bbs, no cm
13DPO - bfn with fmu and IC, fatigue, sore bbs, no cm, no cramping like I usually get before AF but she’s due tomorrow - I took another IC at night and there was a vvvfl, not sure if the colour ran or if it was a real line
14DPO - period is to start today, fatigue, no cramping (which I usually get), sore bbs, and three vvvfl’s on IC’s but completely negative frer test. I have had positives before on the day of AF and then my period started an hour later so not getting excited. In the afternoon I started to get cramps and a bit of brown blood when I wiped as well and a completely negative IC, pretty sure AF is starting any minute. Af arrived.

Last edited:
Brilliant thread!!!
So for me so far, I had a HSG test this month on 4th October, CD10. I had camps due to this. App predicts ovulation on CD 17. We done the deed five times over the week.
CD 16, 1 day before suspected ovulation sore boobs. CD17 suspected ovulation day, sore boobs.
I've had one off mild tummy cramps all over the Tww!!
Suspected around 4-7 dpo CD 20-24 feeling sicky.
Suspected 6dpo CD23 - really achey knees? Don't even know if this is a symptom? Lol.
Suspected 11dpo CD28 - sore boobs. On off tummy cramps.
Suspected 12dpo CD29- clear watery discharge? It's usually white?
Period due in two days according to app...

Great thread..

I am cd16

1 dpo.. (i think I wasn't testing opk)
So far bad back pain, sore boobs and increase in appetite during the day none at night

Hi, I stalked this page obsessively during the 2ww so thought I'd share my experience. I'm 37 and I've had 3 miscarriages (no live births) and recently had a septum in my uterus resected (removed), I was told to wait 2 cycles before trying to conceive and this was the first cycle ttc. I am counting ovulation as the day I got ovulation pain as I don't temp track etc.

1-6 DPO - Bloated, hungry, increased sense of smell
7 DPO - All day headache, food tasted funny (fish), very very very gassy (this is not normal it was awful), hot flushes the previous night, increased sex drive. BFN on IC
8 DPO - Mild headache when waking, boobs massive (big bras too small), eye twitch, back ache (but I had been on my feet all day). Gassy! BFN on IC
9 DPO - Increased sex drive, my 5 month old kitten was surgically attached to my particularly my stomach, loss of appetite, period type cramping, lots of trips to the toilet for no. 2's (sorry tmi info - this is always what I get before my period but way too early), pinching feeling (I think this was implantation). BFN on IC
10 DPO - Less symptoms today but I started to reduce the carbs I was eating the day before so I was less bloated and gassy. BFN on IC
11 DPO - Symptoms really reduced from now onwards but I got a very faint BFP today on FRER!
12 DPO - Another faint BFP on FRER
14 DPO - Tried a clear blue test (not digital) and there was barely a line but the control line was also very faded. I had a bit of a freak out and cried. I then remembered that I had another FRER so I held out for 3-4 hrs from going to the loo and another BFP but this time darker - definitely a positive!

I would say the main things which made me know was the headache (I used to get them all the time when I was on the pill during the pill free break due to the hormone shift), the waking in the night feeling super super hot when I'm usually cold, and the gas (I can't describe how bad it was!).

I've attached a pic of my tests (ignore the writing as I got the DPO muddled as I was one day behind)

image1.jpeg.jpg

4 DPO: mild cramping, one sharp pinch, pulling behind belly button. Woke up in the middle of the night STARVING and couldn’t fall back asleep
5 DPO: nothing much, woke up again
6 DPO: mild back pain, bloated, gums really hurt after flossing, woke up at 2am hungry, couldn't go back to sleep
8 DPO: moderate lower back pain, bery slight nausea, very warm, stomach ache. Nursing my toddler is driving me nuts! Acupuncture today helped calm me down a bit! Hope I can sleep tonight. Testing with HPT tomorrow
9 DPO: BFN. Starving. Super dizzy. Slightly nauseous. Touched base with my acupuncturist and she said I had a slippery pulse and dampness signs on my tongue which are an indicator of pregnancy. Woke up at 2am-had to pee! Vivid dreams.
10 DPO: BFN. still a little sicky feeling but not much else. Increased urination again, vivid dreams
11 DPO: BFN. Mild back pain. AF due Wednesday, these are probably PMS symptoms now.
12 DPO: back pain and cramping, feels like AF will show today. Insomnia. creamy and stretchy CM. cervix high and tilted (hard to reach opening).

Last edited:
Hi all! We're currently WTT but have been experiencing some weird 'symptoms' this month so thought I would record them! Also have a feeling that FF may have got my OV date wrong (late) but am going by what it says for now.

1 DPO: EXTREMELY bloated. I have never felt this bloated in my life. Wish I took a photo but literally looked around 20 weeks and could not suck it in for the life of me. Very strange.
2 DPO: Bloating has eased slightly but still there and uncomfortable. Odd shooting pains in my tummy during the day.
3 DPO: Bloated again (not as extreme). Quite gassy, lasting in to the night! Skin break out today too, all on the left side of my face(?). Swore I could smell a strong fishy smell in the office but seemed to be the only one.
4 DPO: Woke up this morning, got out of bed and almost fell over from dizziness. Had to sit on the floor until it passed as the room was just spinning, couldn't focus on one spot. Had feelings of this throughout the day. Also very fatigued today but didn't have the best night's sleep.
5 DPO: Tired again today despite a good night's sleep. More breakouts, still all on the left side. More strange sharp shooting pains in my tummy during a walk today. Had some light brown spotting after finishing at the gym this evening. I usually spot from around 9/10 dpo until AF so this is quite early for me. Sore gums today but I sometimes get that after OV.
6 DPO: Woke up with a tiny bit of cramping but soon passed. Feeling a bit irritable today. Still have sore gums. Had some more cramping this afternoon as well as some pinching on my left side. Tiny bit more light brown/pinkish spotting.
7 DPO: Just slight cramping today
8 DPO: Some cramping and VERY fatigued, feel like I'm coming down with something. Had a really intense vivid dream/nightmare and woke up shouting much to my boyfriend's delight!
9 DPO: Tiny bit of cramping
10 DPO: Some cramping and also a mild headache in the day which are very rare for me. Had some weird pinching/twinging in my uterus in the night too.
11 DPO: Some cramping and a bit of a sore throat.
12 DPO: Very gassy (bad gas too!), bit of a headache again and a little bit of dizziness. Some cramping.
13 DPO: Still a little gassy, headache again and sore throat again. A little cramping again. Having a weird sense of smell again today - could swear I could smell something cheesy/gooey in the office but nothing to be found/seen.

Will continue to update as the month goes on! Pretty sure I won't be PG as we are not trying and used the pullout method 3 days before OV and a condom the day of, but just thought I'd track for the hell of it. I've had a couple of other things too but they are my usual PMS/post OV symptoms so haven't listed them.

Last edited:
This is our 16th month TTC. Ive been on injectables for the last few cycles (4 or so) and this cycle is the only cycle where I did not ovulate before my RE told me to take the trigger, so i am feeling hopeful with regards to us finally getting the timing right!

1-4 DPO – No symptoms

5 DPO – period like cramping. Was convinced many times that I definitely had my period but nothing there when I checked.

6DPO – same period like cramping but on and off and not as strong as the day before.

7DPO – super faint bfp on IC, but this was from my trigger shot so completely expected. No significant symptoms today, some on and off cramping but barely noticeable.

8DPO – bfn on IC, slightly moody but no other symptoms

9DPO – bfn on iC,

10DPO-bfn on IC, broke out the FRER as well and also BFN. Broke out today which I would say is out of the ordinary but had the same thing happen last month right before AF, so now im worried she is right around the corner

11 DPO-bfn on IC, bfn on FRER, breaking out worse. No cramping and still moody, feel like I should be getting AF any day now. Last 2 cycles AF came on 11 DPO, so still holding out a little hope!

12 DPO - bfn on IC and FRER, cramping on and off again today, convinced AF is coming and even put tampon in since i was going to be out of the house, but nothing again. Officially the longest LP for the past few cycles.

13 DPO - bfn frer and IC. More cramping, put another tampon in. some very light brown spots on the tampon when i removed it. nothing else. not sure what is going on. maybe AF taking her time to show?.

14 DPO - bfn frer and IC (not with FMU as previous tests) still no AF. Went to my dr. appt this morning to have my ultrasounds done so i can start my next cycle, as i am sure AF will be in full force some time today. tampon again this morning only a few light brown spots. so weird!

Last edited:
3 DPO - Period like cramps.
4 DPO - PM diarrhoea. (Craving sweet, not a sweat person).
5 DPO - Tired has a two hour nap. Bad pain in ovary area when I sneezed.
6 DPO - Lower back pain. Small pain in right pelvic area feels like AF coming or gas pains.
7 DPO - Nill symptomatic. Went out for all you van eat for Mums 60th. Had two hour sleep and didn’t eat dinner. Always tired (not new)

Hi!!
Just a quick update, AF just showed this afternoon not too heavy flow like other times but definitely AF. Feeling cramps and sad... I’m gonna be calling RE office Monday to see if we can try the next two cycles with only letrozole and TI since we will go on vacation first week of May and don’t wanna miss trying but also don’t wanna do injectables because I might not be here for the IUI. Doctors told me that because we already conceived should be easier this time to get pregnant but so far it doesn’t look like it lol... feeling kind of down, my sweet baby girl keeps growing I keep geting older and I’m so scared I won’t be able to give her a little sibling.
Sending you all the love and good vibes!!

Hi Zyara181just thought I'd say hello. We are both the same age and both ttc. I have 3 children and desperately want a 4th. Have you had any success since your last post?

9th month ttc, found out my tsh levels are double what they should be so I’m on medication for that.

O day - No symptoms.
1 DPO - small bit of ewcm in the morning

1 - 6 DPO nothing
7 DPO: moody, very sad. Some pinching in my private area. New pressure on uterus, gas-like
8 DPO: eggwhite-like CM but a bit thicker and shorter. Slight pelvic pressure and breast soreness. Some nausea.
9 DPO: Tiny amounts of blood mixed with EWCM (bit thicker and shorter). Later, scant creamy CM (like lotion) mixed with some pink. Intermittent nausea. Bad heartburn, needed TUMS.
10 DPO: Anxious to test. Slight pelvic pressure and breast soreness. Nausea getting worse, smells bothering me. Food tastes bland. Heartburn.

Hi guys,

First post but I've been stalking this thread!

1dpo - woke up with a sore throat
2dpo - blocked nose and mild headache
3dpo - exhaustion, blocked nose, need to pee
4dpo - exhaustion, peeing more
5dpo - exhaustion, tummy twinges, peeing more
6dpo - exhaustion, tummy twinges, tingly nipples, peeing more
7dpo - random leg pains and tummy pains, vivid dreams
8dpo - can't sleep, tummy twinges, extra CM, still peeing more
9dpo - first very very faint BFP can't see line when I take a pic but there is something there, peeing lots
10dpo - clearer BFP! Peeing lots
11 dpo - tested on frer and CB both lines are getting stronger!IMG_20181127_094132.jpg IMG_20181128_054321.jpg

Last edited:
coming back to this again because I'm feeling positive this month [-o<

1dpo- tender boobs, this is normal for me though.
2dpo- creamy CM and cramps up the wazoo, also started getting a sore throat.
3dpo- yep I now have a cold, other than that pretty normal day body wise :lol:
4dpo- still have my cold, feeling like hell, also gassy and increased appetite, not good when the house is filled with Christmas snacks and I have a tight dress I have to fit in on new years :rofl:
5-7dpo- increased appetite and irritability, although not sure if I just have a right to be irritable because my daughter smeared toothpaste all over her window...
oh also my orgasms are extremely intense atm (tmi :lol:)

Last edited:
Hello! This is my first 2ww in a long time and I feel almost strange. Here are my symptoms thus far. Please note that my breasts tenderness, fullness, and sore nipples are not even half as sore and full as other months and need to touch and squeeze them to really feel it.. It is very odd. (however, my cycle is balancing out):

O Day: ovulation cramps in ovaries, night sweat, tender breasts on sides, sore nipples bbt 96.82
1 dpo: night sweat, full breasts, heartburn, mild ovary cramping, sore nipples bbt 97.58
2 dpo: irritability (unusual), tender breasts on sides, full breasts, sore nipples, mild nausea, cold symptoms bbt 97.60
3 dpo: irritability (unusual), tender breasts on sides, full breasts, sore nipples, night sweat bbt 97.60
4 dpo: full breasts, tender breasts on sides, sore nipples, night sweat, watery CM bbt 98.34 (drank wine the night before and temp should be lower)
5 dpo: sad, tender breasts on sides, full breasts, night sweats, sore nipples, milder AF cramps bbt 97.54
6 dpo: tender breasts on sides, sore nipples, slightly full breasts, milder AF cramps bbt 97.54
7 dpo: tender breasts on sides feeling more bruised then the other days, sore nipples also more sore than other days, full breasts, very mild cramps on left side close to ovary bbt 97.45
8 dpo: Breasts and nipples still sore and full. Same cramps by left ovary. Tender abdomen. Pressure/discomfort on chest bone between breasts. Mild heartburn bbt 97.58
9 dpo: Breasts and nipple soreness is way less than most days. I only notice it when squeezing them. Chest pressure and mild heartburn while eating. Mild cramps. bbt 97.86 (I had two shots)
10 dpo: My breasts are the most full they've been during this 2ww. They feel more bruised/sore on the sides then they have this entire time. Nipple soreness is almost nonexistent unless I get a cold chill. Chest pressure and mild heartburn while eating. AF cramps a little more apparent. bbt 97.58 and 2.5 hours laterI woke up again and it was 96.80 ‍♀️
11 dpo: Night sweat. 96.80. Breasts feel bruised on sides. Nipple soreness almost nonexistent. AF is here On to a brand new cycle where I can make my chances even better!

Good luck to you ladies, the readers today and all of the future readers ❤️

Last edited:
Ovulated on Dec 19. First time TTC. I never get cramps this time of the month. Usually get crampy 1-2 days before AF is due.

1-2dpo - light lower abdominal cramps and growling tummy

3-4dpo - bloated, lower abdominal cramps, tired, backache

5-6dpo - lower abdominal cramps, bloated, tired, backache, tingly warm sensation in boobs/nipples (mostly the left one)

7dpo - lower abdominal cramps, sharp cramp/pain in left side, super bloated, backache, tired (took a nap which I never do), little bit of nausea. Cramps have been constant (all day everyday since day after ovulation)

8dpo - light lower abdominal cramps, legs sore to the touch, tingling in boobs, backache, tired, caved and tested around 3pm with bfn, no cramps after that

9dpo - light cramps, tired, backache, tingly boob

10dpo - acne, light cramps/stomachache, backache, another BFN Just going to wait and see if AF comes, then going to test..

11dpo - backache, cramps left side, legs hurting

12dpo - backache, cramps, nausea. AF isn’t due for another 2 days. My period is never early and when it comes, it is very light when I wipe a day or 2 before. Just started bleeding out of nowhere. Not too light but not heavy. Is this my period???

AF due Jan 2nd.

Last edited:
Ovulated on Dec 19. First time TTC. I never get cramps this time of the month. Usually get crampy 1-2 days before AF is due.

1-2dpo - light lower abdominal cramps and growling tummy

3-4dpo - bloated, lower abdominal cramps, tired, backache

5-6dpo - lower abdominal cramps, bloated, tired, backache, tingly warm sensation in boobs/nipples (mostly the left one)

7dpo - lower abdominal cramps, sharp cramp/pain in left side, super bloated, backache, tired (took a nap which I never do), little bit of nausea

Cramps have been constant (all day everyday since day after ovulation)
AF due Jan 2nd.

Wow all day every day since ovulation! Are they mild?

Wow all day every day since ovulation! Are they mild?

They were the first few days until yesterday. I’m thinking (hoping!) yesterday was implantation cramping. They are back as of right now but more mild. We will see how long they last today. Planning on POAS in 2 days (10dpo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->