Team No-Test!

I'm so sorry Pols :( That sounds terrible. Get well soon!

Oh god, Pol - you poor thing! :cry:

that sounds bloody awful. you have to be SO careful, living in London is the worst for hearing about accidents involving cyclists. You must be in loads of pain, and poor little Thomas must hate seeing his mummy like that too. Massive hugs to both of you - :hugs: - rest up and make sure you take loads of time off to recover. Keep us posted! xxx

Just realised Farmerswifey is having her c-section today! know she won't be logging in...(obviously!) but Farmers - THINKING OF YOU!!!! can't wait to see pics of your little boy! xxx:happydance:xxx

Thanks for the good wishes. I had surgery on my jaw yesterday and it went well but I may need another operation next week, its 50:50 at the moment. My jaw is totally wired shut and I can only "eat" through a straw! So I guess at least I won't be piling on the Christmas pounds, LOL.

It is a total nightmare but I just keep thinking that I am so lucky that it was no worse and I don't have a head injury or hurt my back etc. It's amazing how quickly it can happen.

The irony is that I am now praying that I am not pregnant this month, not only because of the medical procedures (xrays, CT, etc) but also because I've no idea how I could possibly get through first trimester without being able to eat!

On a brighter note, YAY, I can't believe Farmerswifey is having her baby today!! How exciting!! I can't wait to see pics! Hope it all goes really well for you!

OMG, i only just read it! i wish you all the best polaris, so glad you are okay, well you know what i mean! lots of feel-good-:hug:!

cant wait to see some pics of baby, farmers!!!

all you others ok? getting so uncomfortable now and still approx. 10 weeks to go!

xx

Hey hey ladies!!

I bet you werent expecting me to be back quite so early with news? Well - on the 6th December I was sitting watching TV when my waters went pop! Was booked in for csection later that week so had to rush into hospital.

I wasnt in any pain but it came on pretty quickly after the car journey there! I was rushed straight into theatre due to oblique breech positioning. Unfortunately it was very rough indeed. My poor baby had the cord round his neck 4 times! The surgeon said she had never seen this before and they had to actually put his legs back in so they could unwind him from the umbilical before they pulled him out. I was being mauled so much that the curtain fell down and I saw more than I wanted too!!
The short story is that my little boy is lucky to be here and I am SOOO lucky to have him! If I hadnt had a csection then it could have been a different story but that doesnt bear thinking about. Also - the surgeon said that in my case if I had taken the ECV it could have proved a disaster too. Thank god for refusing that!!

So - here he is!! My little boy!!

Adam Joel, born 6th December 2011, 7lbs 6ozs - emergency Csection! Born at 01.31am.

I am SO IN LOVE WITH HIM!!

Out of hospital yesterday and we are both recovering well.

I will return with pictures very soon.

Love to you all ladies and thanks for the best wishes!!

xxxxx

P.S - OMG POL!! How awful!! Wishing you a speedy recovery hun xxx

Wow wow wow! Firstly huge congrats Farmers in baby Adam! Although the whole experience sounded pretty hairy! Now the trauma is over and you can focus on your latest new love! Can't wait to see pics! X

Polaris im so sorry to hear of your accident! It sounds like you were lucky it wasn't worse! I really hope they fix you soon as not eating is my idea of hell. Big big hugs and hope you are able to enjoy Christmas! Xx

Farmerswifey!!! Congratulations on the birth of beautiful Adam Joel! Thanks for updating us. We want to see pictures a.s.a.p.!! The whole experience sounds traumatic but thank goodness that he is here safely and you can put it all behind you. Such a good thing that you didn't try the ECV.

AFM - I am doped up on strong painkillers so going round in a daze most of the time at the moment. Counting the days until Wednesday until I find out if I need the second surgery or not. I am booked in for a CT scan tomorrow so I may do a HPT first (10 dpo), please keep everything crossed for me that it is negative! Never thought I would be writing this on this thread!!

Good luck Pol - thinking of you!! :hugs: really hope you recover soon.
Love to you Ley, Beets and Bumbs - know how you feel hun, I am soooo uncomfortable at the moment too...

and Farmers - OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, am SO happy for you :happydance:

It sounds horrendous and I have to confess gave me the chills a little - as I'm in the same breech position as you were at the moment - but as you say, you just have to trust the surgeons to do what they do best and at the end of the day you have a beautiful son to adore right now, woohoo!

well done and enjoy your special time with him! rest up (how are YOU feeling also??). Loads of love and can't wait to see pics xxx :kiss:

OMG ladies, I got my :bfp: this morning!!! Faint but definitely there! I'm so in shock, I was so sure I wasn't even going to ovulate this month as I didn't ovulate until CD28! Thank God OH and I went for that one last BD session just in case! Now the panic starts though as I worry about all the xrays and medications that I've been on over the last few weeks before knowing that I was pregnant. Please please let my little bean be OK!!

YAY! Pols, you know what, I had a feeling that you would get that BFP because you didn't want to. It is so funny :)
I am sure your baby is fine. You know the all or nothing rule, if you got that BFP, it means your baby survived the X rays, it consists of a couple of cells after all.
Good luck and h&h 9 months!

CONGRATS polaris! so happy for you! try not to worry and I wish you all the best! xx

Wow congrats Pol! I'm so happy for you although can completely understand your fear! But I reckon if your bean survived the shock of your accident and xrays so far, you are in with a really great chance. And what better way for you to cope over the next few weeks than the thought that you are pregnant! Seriously hope everything goes well for you and that you continue to mend! xx

Ley - just realised that you are almost exactly the same as me this cycle! Im 4 DPO today! Wishing you a relaxed and happy and successful 2WW! xx

Beetle and Leylak, fingers crossed that this cycle will be lucky for you too!

OMG amazing Polaris!!! wow wow wow! It really is sod's law, isn't it - you wanted this for soooo long and then the moment it becomes the slightest bit different is when you get it. but as the other girls have said, if your bean has managed to stick through all the crap you've been through, the accident and the treatment and everything, then I have no doubt it's one happy and healthy little person-to-be. relax and recover and stay strong - so happy for you!!!

got everything crossed for you too, ley and Beets - 4dpo, come on ovaries!!!!

AFM, can't remember if I said so in my last post but have been getting some pretty serious pelvis pain over the last few weeks...well it turns out, as suspected, I have SPD (symphysis pubic disfunction) which is where the hormones that relax your ligaments ready for birth do so a little too much and too early and my pelvic bone has come apart a little bit...it's really painful and I can't really walk that well so have had to stop work a week early (yay!). am getting lots of rest and wearing a pelvic support band and using crutches. good news is that it should hopefully all stop once baby is here so am counting my chickens it's only a few more weeks! speaking of bean...he/she is still transverse so next stop is midwife appt on 30th Dec to see if he/she is in the same position then, and if not (midwife doesn't seem to think bean will move, now) then c-section around week 39 - 17th Jan or so. keep you posted! might end up being a blessing in disguise anyway as they recommend cs with SPD...it's either that or apparently tying your knees together during delivery so your pelvis can't split?!! ouch - think I'd prefer a planned and unchaotic cs in that case, thanks!!!

love you girls! xxx

Morticia - so sorry you are suffering with SPD, that sounds like no fun at all. You are so right that a planned C-section might actually be the best option in that case anyway. A planned C-section is so much easier than an emergency C-section for all concerned. Can't believe how close you are to the end now!!

Hello ladies!
Mort, SPD sounds bad. I had wathced a documentary about techniques to cope with a strong attacker and the man was advising to hit the pelvic bone on the front (not the balls) as this would render the attacker ineffective. (I hope I managed to explain it) this must be similar to what you are feeling. :hugs:
beets, I am not sure about my ov. day this cycle too. since starting clomid, I am developing two follicles (at least, my last 3 monitored cycles showed so) and unlike my previous cycles, my temp increase and ewcm subsidence happen gradually. So I might have ovulated on CD 15 or 17 or both. AF is due around new year. Good luck, I hope we caught the eggies!

Ouch Mort, you poor hon, sounds VERY painful and most likely incredibly frustrating! Hope the midwife appointment goes well but really it sounds like its all out of your hands. What will be will be. Golly its seriously not long now though!

Ley - how frustrating for you not completely knowing. My cycle last month was completely up the spout - spotting from 7dpo,(I never get spotting) temps bouncing below coverline several times before AF on 12 dpo so think my whole system is recovering from the miscarriage. Who knows how long its going to take to get back to normal.

Anyway lovely ladies, if I don't speak to you before... have a wonderful christmas! :hugs:

I've had a tiny bit of spotting this evening, please keep everything crossed for me that bean is OK. I'm trying to relax and adopt an attitude of what is meant to be will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->