• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

-*- teen tbh -*-

Tbh I should stop forgetting to do my shopping online. Having Oakley strip (nappy included!!!) in the 2 seconds I had my back turned was not ideal in the middle of the supermarket haha

Tbh there is so much stressful stuff going on at the moment, but for some reason Imogen acting out a bit today is what's done it for me!

Tbh I really can't wait for Jason to learn important words! :(

like what?

Ones that can help us understand what he wants! He's a late talker and only says Lily, daddy, mum, uh-oh, wow and buu-uh (bus) the rest is his own wee language haha

my sisters son is almost two (august 6th he will be)
and he doesn't say much either, cookie, uh huh (yes), uh uh (no), dada, ect. they use sign language to help him say things like more, and please and water ect. and they ask him what he wants and he will sign please if he wants it or just shake his dead no if he doesn't

Tbh there is so much stressful stuff going on at the moment, but for some reason Imogen acting out a bit today is what's done it for me!

Snap! It never rains it bloody well pours eh :( :flower:

You can say that again! The worst thing is there's absolutely nothing I can do about any of it...

Same situation here :( oh's mum is in the last stages of ms so the doc says she doesn't have long left to live and on top of that we've been really let down by the justice system over something that happened to me when i was younger and I've suppressed for so long and only just recently been able to pluck up the courage to tell someone (my oh then a few months later my mum and a councilor) because Ithought iI wouldn't be believed or nothing would be done about it, thankfully I was believed but due to complications justice can't be served... I just feel so let down by UK law and really just devastated :cry: telling a handful of people and especially going through details with the police has just brought it all flooding back and now nothings being done I just feel hopeless and not sure how to cope... And on top of that I've been over a week late and thinking yes! Finally something goods come our way ! Something to focus our minds on and this morning AF arrived! Hate that cow! Ha urgh just... Need to get a grip and be strong for Kian and oh just now ! Just how do you find the energy?! I feel so drained! :(

Tbh I really can't wait for Jason to learn important words! :(

like what?

Ones that can help us understand what he wants! He's a late talker and only says Lily, daddy, mum, uh-oh, wow and buu-uh (bus) the rest is his own wee language haha

Aw how cute that he says lily! Have you tried sign language with him?

I know! It was his first proper word (not mum or dad) :) We did, we taught him milk but then Lily was born and it all went out of the window! :dohh:

Aw that's adorable Clair! Yeah I bet you've been busy with them both haha, super mammy :haha:

It is! He sits and randomly points to her and just goes 'Lily' so sweetly ♡ Haha I wish I was super, maybe my house would be cleaner :haha:

Snap! It never rains it bloody well pours eh :( :flower:

You can say that again! The worst thing is there's absolutely nothing I can do about any of it...

Same situation here :( oh's mum is in the last stages of ms so the doc says she doesn't have long left to live and on top of that we've been really let down by the justice system over something that happened to me when i was younger and I've suppressed for so long and only just recently been able to pluck up the courage to tell someone (my oh then a few months later my mum and a councilor) because Ithought iI wouldn't be believed or nothing would be done about it, thankfully I was believed but due to complications justice can't be served... I just feel so let down by UK law and really just devastated :cry: telling a handful of people and especially going through details with the police has just brought it all flooding back and now nothings being done I just feel hopeless and not sure how to cope... And on top of that I've been over a week late and thinking yes! Finally something goods come our way ! Something to focus our minds on and this morning AF arrived! Hate that cow! Ha urgh just... Need to get a grip and be strong for Kian and oh just now ! Just how do you find the energy?! I feel so drained! :(

Bless you! That's so much awful stuff to be going through at once :( but the fact that you are going through all that and still getting on with life just goes to show how strong you are, even if it doesn't feel like it!

And I can relate to being let down, not by justice system here but by health service. Finally things are beginning to get done, but the lows that have to be hit before help is given are sickening!

Tbh I'm so lonely...

Thanks :hugs: and I can so relate to feeling lonley too even in a crowded room :/

Tbh I am so pissed at Kians nnursery atm , him and a few other wee kids our area have come home with cuts, scratches etc and worst of all bites all things that I know kids do themselves , I mean I wouldn't want to wrap him up in cotton wool but like i say it jas happened several times but yet ive had absolutley no accident forms sent home! And i do knoe for sure that they have to do them because the neighbours daughter got one sent home the other day because she fell and cut her lip... So it just makes me really think they lrave the kids unatended sometimes! They only noticed one accident oout of bloody several me and my neighbours/friends have noticed on our kids! And my concern was backed up even more the other day when I went to go pick Kian up, I was chatting to one of the staff and the rest of them where chatting away in the kitchen and then one of them comes back with my neighbours baby who was clearly tired and crying her wee eyes out and just plonked her in the baby room and just left her there! I mean wtf! You comfort a baby when they are crying! So my concerns about them sometimes not watching the kids is practically proven ! I'm so angry! Plus today my health visitor came over today with a letter from the nursery saying that the are concerned about Kians speech?! And if you knew him you would know that's far from the truth, he says his colours, shapes, numbersand letters in Gaighlig and English ffs! That ontop of the general everyday words. And I said I completely disagreed with her and even if he was a little bit behind it would most likely be because we speak English at home and they speak Gaighlig at nursery, so give the boy a chance he's learning two new languages at the same ! Jesus! And then she goes on to say my partner speaks properly but I don't articulate my words properly! What am I supposed to put on a posh voice to speak to my child! Haha I mean its a flipping nursery not a finishing school!! She's lucky Iddidn't say what I really thought she would have heard "how about you kindly shove that letter up your arse and leave the fucking premises! That articulate enough for you?!" :haha: and finally she goes onto go back on what she said about my partner speaking properlyand goes he might be picking up bad hhabits from his Glasgow accent... I mean what the actual fuck! They didnt even mention any positives about him just negatives.. And I know for a fact he's advanced in a lot of things and thy the only reason I think he might hold back on talking to them in there is because they give them no one on one time , I mean my best friends wee boy used to go there before they moved and they only had negatives to say along the same lines and when they moved nursery he's progressed so well and gets nothing but praise!

How would you guys feel? I'm not overreacting too much am I? :haha:

PS just found out that a nursery nearer us is accepting two year olds from this august and Kian is two in august so he's getting moved straight away!

P.s sorry about all the typos :dohh: I guess I don't articulate very well over this either... :haha:

I'd be moving to the new nursery asap, don't think your overreacting at all! They sound clueless there... Imogen isn't in nursery yet but I'm dreading it. I'm impressed that he's learning 2 languages at once, but nothing is ever enough for some people (I know that feel too), just ignore them and know your little lad is doing bloody marvellous :D

Thanks's hun :flower: they left a letter with us too and I've just read over it properly and as well as his speech they have mentioned that he doesn't interact well with the other kids either which I know is complete BS because I have friends with kids and he's the first one to ask them play and even with say a kid we see somewhere like docs surgery or a random kid at the park that he doesn't know yes he may be shy at first but within a few minutes he's chatting away and playing with them as if he's known them all his life! It just makes me upset to think that (if they are telling the truth about his lack of interaction, speech etc) it makes me so upset to think that he has been made to feel uncomfortable enough to close up into himself when he is there :cry: and I've seen the signs over the past few months like with no accident forms etc aand I haven't ignored them I've just been too much of a wimp to comfort the nursery about it and I just feel so guilty now :cry: he is most defiantly not being sent there again and I'mmaking a formal complaint! And I've further been told ( by my mum who was telling her friends at work about how annoyed she was at what happened) she was told by them that several parents have complained and removed their children from that nursery for the very same reasons as the concerns that I have and the big one being them not being watched all the time and also no one on one iinteraction with the kids! I am just disgusted at them and also with my health visitor who's believed what they've said about Kian before asking us! She sure changed her mind when I showed her that he can bloody speak! I am just so so annoyed at both of them and at myself for not trusting my gut instics I feel like I've let my poor baby down :cry:

^^ :hugs: don't feel guilty! I would've been to scared to confront the nursery straight away too but now you've got all this proof and you're moving him then that's a good thing so just focus on that! Health visitors are absolutely useless anyway, they always have something bad to say and whenever my HV praises me or Elodie I always have to ask her to repeat it because I'm so shocked :haha: imagine how much he'll come one once he's moved out of that nursery! X

Tbh Jason is so violent to Lily lately and was pushing a child at the park the other day :growlmad: He thinks pushing is a game but knows that hitting and biting are bad!! Fucking fed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->