The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

I'm really lucky DH earns well enough to support us both - he earns four times what I do! We will have to be careful, much more so than we are at the moment, but we'll manage fine.

I get six months full pay from my job whilst I'm on mat leave, then another 13 weeks on statutory pay (about £120 a week) then nothing for the remaining 13 weeks, but I'm entitled to have all that time off and still keep my job. (The one I won't be going back to!)

That's cool! I think I'll have a whole year of maternity leave - the pay is a lower percentage than now but for the first 6 months my work tops it up to a higher amount. I forget.. I'll look into that more once I'm pregnant.

I will be going back to work but my baby will be going with me :D I'm deputy manager in a nursery so i will pretty much see my baby alot through the day. My hours might frop from full time to part time at some point. I' deffinatly taking 6 months off i doubt i'll take off 9 tbh just cause i don't feel like i need too (at this point anyway lol) but i will get 6 weeks at 90% pay and then up to 33 weeks of 120-140 a week so not brill but at the same time we can manage with that xx

I have to go back full time. I carry the insurance for myself and DH, and for any future babies. We couldn't afford to live with only DH's income unless we found somewhere much cheaper to live. I only get 6 weeks mat leave for a vaginal delivery and 8 weeks for a c-section, or I can get FMLA leave for a total of 12 weeks but I don't get paid for the additional 4-6 weeks. The kicker is that I work for a Catholic hospital system with top of the line maternity services, you would think that they would be more understanding and helpful. But they go with the minimum.

Hi Girls (and guys if we have any)

Can i join the Junebugs? I will be TTC in June as hubby 2 be has given me the go ahead. In his words "you wont have that much of a bump for your wedding dress" so im not saying no! :haha:

A little about me and hubby 2 be. I have been with Col for over 5 years, he is my best friend. We met playing World of Warcraft!!! So our wedding is a Everton FC/Warcraft theme :thumbup: He is an avid gamer....he evens designs them too! He use to work for Sony but left them because they treated him like poop! I am a film nerd. Actually im a nerd!! :p One day i will make it to Comic Con...when i win the lottery. Oh that reminds me im a bit of a dreamer, especially when im at work

Maz x
Welcome Maz! My hubby is a gamer (used to be more than now) and he would have loved to be a games programmer. Instead he works as the IT Manager for a large private school. Your wedding theme sounds awesome.

hi maz welcome to the group.
The doctor has changed my bp tablets so pregnancy safe and i now have 5mg of folic acid. I really want to come off pill now but going to wait till friday to see what they say at clinic. Need to write my blood sugars down so he can see what they are like. Doctor said i seemed determined to get diabetes under control so he saw now problemss. Im so excited.
Been looking at baby clothes today and I cant wait to start buying xx

Glad to hear your Dr is looking after you. I am sure my dr will put me on something to lower my BP too, what meds are you on? She was tallking about putting me on a beta blocker as it would be safe during pregnancy.

so awesome !!! Congrats !!!!!!!! :happydance: :thumbup: :flower:

i am going to test tomorrow morning. I have a lot of PG symptoms that are hard to ignore..... :happydance:
Fingers crossed dodge!! Cant wait to hear the news of your :bfp:

Forgive me if we've already discussed this (I can't remember what we have and haven't talked about) but prompted by another thread I saw I wanted to ask you girls what you're doing about work when you've had a baby?
In Australia you get maternity payments from the government for 18 weeks paid at the minimum wage. My work gives 12 months unpaid leave but I am not going to go back to my work. I am going to take the 4 months paid from the government then become a Family Day Carer in my own home and have kids come to my house during the day for their childcare. This is something I have always wanted to do and I get to be a stay at home mum.

I had no idea maternity leave varied so much..but I guess I also hadn't taken into consideration that there were women from all different countries on here. :)

My job pays 3 months at your normal salary. You can take an additional 3 months unpaid if you want.

I had no idea maternity leave varied so much..but I guess I also hadn't taken into consideration that there were women from all different countries on here. :)

My job pays 3 months at your normal salary. You can take an additional 3 months unpaid if you want.

where are you from? the states ? you dont have it in your avatar.

I have vacation & sick leave accumulated...and as of now I can take 3 1/2 months all paid. Then FOB has 3 months accumulated too, but we don't think he will take it all at once. Think he will take at least 2 weeks off when baby arrives.... :baby:

where are you from? the states ? you dont have it in your avatar.

I have vacation & sick leave accumulated...and as of now I can take 3 1/2 months all paid. Then FOB has 3 months accumulated too, but we don't think he will take it all at once. Think he will take at least 2 weeks off when baby arrives.... :baby:

I am! Texas to be exact (unfortunately). I didn't count the 3 weeks vacation I'd also be able to take but I'm thinking I'll want to use that sometime after I go back to work so that I don't end up working the rest of the year with no break. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Good luck dodgegirl! I'll be checking this thread today for your news and have my fingers crossed for you! :dust:

As for work, ideally I'd like to stay at home if possible. My hubby earns a lot more money than I do, so if we find we are able to survive on just his salary, we'll do that. If not, I'll get something part time.
I can't imagine having a whole year off work, it seems such a strange feeling! A nice one though! A year spending time with our little baby :cloud9: Goodness, I'm broody!

Hope all the other ladies on the thread are well, hugs to everyone and here's hoping for lots of BFP's in the upcoming weeks!:thumbup:

Hi girlys,

Sorry I have been really rubbish at up dating, on this thread, this wedding has taken over my life! Grrrr! roll on Sunday when I can sleep for a week :) LOL! My last day of work as a miss today :)

My boobs are so sore, just hope AF doesn't come before sat :) but so excited this will be my last one before we ttc :) I am not 100% sure on the whole ovulation thing, i am trying to get grips with it! But we go on honeymoon end of 1st week of June and think I my ovulate when we re away :)

If I can I will take a year, I think money will be tight, but worth it :) I will then go back to work 2 days my mum will have LO one day and LO will go to a childminder part of the other day. If I am still in the same job as I am now. I think I will get 6 weeks at 90% pay and then, about £120 ish a week up until the last 3 months which I believe are unpaid. I think my OH gets 2 weeks of "paternity pay" which is about the £120 ish mark and csn be off around the 1st 2 weeks LO is born.

Ohh good luck dodgegirl for when you test. xxxx

Hi girlys,

Sorry I have been really rubbish at up dating, on this thread, this wedding has taken over my life! Grrrr! roll on Sunday when I can sleep for a week :) LOL! My last day of work as a miss today :)

My boobs are so sore, just hope AF doesn't come before sat :) but so excited this will be my last one before we ttc :) I am not 100% sure on the whole ovulation thing, i am trying to get grips with it! But we go on honeymoon end of 1st week of June and think I my ovulate when we re away :)

If I can I will take a year, I think money will be tight, but worth it :) I will then go back to work 2 days my mum will have LO one day and LO will go to a childminder part of the other day. If I am still in the same job as I am now. I think I will get 6 weeks at 90% pay and then, about £120 ish a week up until the last 3 months which I believe are unpaid. I think my OH gets 2 weeks of "paternity pay" which is about the £120 ish mark and csn be off around the 1st 2 weeks LO is born.

Ohh good luck dodgegirl for when you test. xxxx

Your maternity leave is practically the same as mine then, i'm just not botehring with the unpaid part. I think in England and Wales for those few months at about £120 they can pay you from that anywhere up to 90% of your wage. But obviously they all go for the bottom line to save themselves money :growlmad: xx

^^ Yep, think you are right Hun, they don't want to give anything away! I saw you work in a nursery, I used to for 10 years, but am now a nanny, and love it :) I think its great you can take your LO to work with you though :) have a good day xxx

Hi ladies can I join please? Got my implant taken out a few days ago, so June will be our first month of properly trying. I'm 26, DH is 25, we've been married for nearly a year and I've finally agreed we can start trying - he was all for a honeymoon baby!

I'm in the UK, as things stand I think we'll only be taking 9 months of maternity leave, although we might be able to do 9 months maternity 3 months paternity. I earn about 1/3 more than DH, but he is applying for other jobs so with a bit of luck he'll be earning a bit more by the time we get two blue lines and we'll be able to take the full year. I have to admit money worries were my main reason for wanting to wait. I'd have loved some savings behind us but 9 months is a long time and hopefully we'll build some up while a bump grows.

Mazzy - I met my hubby on WoW too! Complete geek thing to do really. Odd thing is since we met in person we both hardly played anymore, and 3 years after we first met in person we'd stopped totally - we realised the lure was really a way to talk to one another (we were in different countries), and now we're married that's not needed so much!

Well ladies, sorry I didnt message yeaterday I just didnt really feel in the mood! :blush:

The seller Accepted our offer, so we have the go ahead! I cant describe how happy we are!:happydance: :yipee: It would be just perfect to then find out in june that we are expecting and it would complete the family dream! new house, new Baby!

CD8 today, so as we are doing SMEP (and I have a 25 day cycle) we are starting tonight, though I dnot know if we will be able to manage after Trampoling! :yipee: (me on the trampoline!) feeling knackered already.

Temp went up a bit today, which seems weird, but I will stick with the charting, can anyone tell me how to add my chart to my sig? I thought I worked it out but that just allowed people to log in as me, which is the point.

Doge girl its so exciting
Hopefully everyone will have good luck like Welsh mum as it would be niuce to move the group to 1ST tri! we can all be bump buddies then to!

Wedding wise dont let it get to you - always breathe! (cant remember who said their wedding was taking over there life! )

I finish my current job in June, so am hoping to get another starting in Sept, problem being if we are PG then im not sure what the protocal is about maternity, and telling the company. Otherwise I will be a SAHM as my OH's pay will be fine, perhaps I will try to make something that I can sell, to make a bit of money on the side, or start teaching singing again. Which I can definately do whilst Pg.

Other than that ladies, everything is going ok, May have to take one of my dogs to the vet this even as she might have Kennel cough (though dont know where she got it) only problem being if she does have it, my other two have to have the vaccine (and its not nice) as well as the dog of the person we are currently living with, and the other dogs on the marina that we meet( currently living on a boat) :shipw:

Have a lovely day ladies,

DODGE Let us know as soon as you do!

p.s I have just scrolled down on the smile list I didnt realise it was so big! love the smile playing the violin!! :-({|=

PPS Clio is the dog in the middle of the three in my avatar

Mazzy - I met my hubby on WoW too! Complete geek thing to do really. Odd thing is since we met in person we both hardly played anymore, and 3 years after we first met in person we'd stopped totally - we realised the lure was really a way to talk to one another (we were in different countries), and now we're married that's not needed so much!

Luckily we were both in the UK. I moved from Norwich to Liverpool to be with him after 6 months and never looked back. Now i just get mocked for having a Norfolk/Scouse accent its very bizarre :haha:

I can't remember who asked who I work for, but it's a partially government funded organisation, partly via research grants and suchlike. It's not actually a government department, but it's an organisation that the government has a vested interest in!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Welcome Maz! You must share pictures of your wedding after you get married. I love themed weddings!

Welcome, Dinah!

Wow, dodgegirl! FX’d for another BFP.

Beccad, I’ll be going back to work probably after 12 weeks paid maternity leave. I’m hoping to work out some kind of telework, alternate work schedule, so that I can spend more time with my baby. After that we might have to put our child in daycare. The one sponsored by my employer is $350 a week. Yikes!!! I would love to be a SAHM, but that will only happen if we win the lottery.

Singers, I am so happy for you! I wish DH and I were moving to a different house. You must be so excited.

Hi girls :wave:
Hope your all well. Spoken to oh and aslong as the clinic on friday says its ok to ttc im coming off the pill saturday. Im on the mini pill so who knows when af will show up but fx'd it doesnt and i get a bfp.
Think oh really wants me to pregnant now and its getting exciting. xx
Congrats singerslove xx

well girls, I tested this morning, and :bfn:

but, to stay positive and hopeful, it is a bit early to test, so I really won't be convinced until AF shows.... this test is supposed to show 4 days before AF is scheduled to arrive. It's just that I'm having so many symptoms and I've been bloated for 4 days now, with cramps for that long too. Normally before AF arrives, I just have those symptoms the day before AF. SOOOO.....I'm still hopeful but definately disappointed.

dodgegirl - boo about the BFN :(

I have no idea what is going on at the company I work for but in the last couple of months about 15 women have annouced their pregnancies, it's crazy and I'm hoping there is something in the water and it catches up to me soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->