The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Hey chicas!

So 2 of my friends growing up that lived down the street just announced their pregnancies. So add them to the already long list of people I know. Green with jealousy as they are both younger than I.

My parents are going to come and visit us over Labor Day in Sept. I can't wait to see them! I really hope I fall pregnant before they come so I will get a chance to tell them in person instead of over the phone. I really want to see their reaction and the looks on their faces instead of just hearing it. Ya know? It just would be so much more personal and meaningful. Something I would always remember.

Poppie - Save travels! Almost there. I bet you are so excited.

Kim - Feel better soon!

lu-is - happy you are feeling better today.

Swan - Sorry your not feeling well but like you said it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy.

Wanabe - Looks like a fab time. Super cute dress!! Now a stupid but serious question - Do the guys go to a rooster weekend?

Meadows - FX for your OV soon. Keep up your BDing!

Sorry if I missed anyone! ;)

pink i dont want af at all lol.
one day between us good o cancers eh :)
thank you lu-is back to you. but my day gets worse lol put three and half pounds on at weight watches tonight.
glad our tummy doesnt hurt. and i hope you are preggers :) why dont you feel it?
dont you ever feel ike you didnt read anything as if we didnt no we wouldnt spot or no if that makes sense. we wouldnt worry about all the other possible things that could happen. iggnorance is bliss. wish we had it x

It's so true, if we didn't have all these symptom lists to look at we wouldn't be symptom spotting and could go about our daily lives not obsessing. There was a time when I didn't know about the TWW and implantation, and the possibility of knowing before a missed period.

So, now after saying I didn't feel pregnant I've now been getting cramps off and on this evening. and my lower back is killing me. Maybe? (oh and nipples still hurt -> 8 days).
I felt completely normal today at work.
Now I have to try and not google about these symptoms. :D

Snowflakes - that would be great if you could tell your parents while they are visiting. My parents don't live too far away so when the time comes we can make a quick weekend trip to tell them.

Just a quick hello from along the road. Only 2 hours and I will see hubby, then its 3 hours home and via the airport to pick up my car....sigh. However I am getting very very excited!! Am definately in a New York State of Mind!!!

Just a quick question for the US ladies regarding tipping. Its not a thing we do often over here in Australia. I know some of the general "rules" for tipping that I read online, but any other practical advice you can give on how much and who to tip and who doesnt get tipped would be great.

Thanks in advance.

xoxoxox

Sooooooo tomorrow AF is due - I'm kind of nervous about it! I'm never late and am always on time so I'll let you know the outcome! I haven't tested and have always said I wouldn't until I'm late by at least a week, the suspence will kill me but I just don't want to do anything too soon and get my hopes up.

Hello Ladies,

Had some singing things to do over the weekend so Hadnt been able to be on. It was a nice break expenses paid for a hotel two lovely meals, and it was only for 15mins!

Swan - Im feeling pretty Ick! Generally feeling a little sea sick, most of the time, my Boobs are killing me, and are getting bigger all the time, though my OH thinks they are excellent! I also cant quite get into my head that I am actually pregnant, it seems weird that something is happening inside me that I have no control over or idea about. I cant wait for my first scan though they have told me it probably wont be until 13 weeks!!!!! :dohh:which seems ridiculous, then maybe It will be a bit more realistic. I'm already having problems fitting into my trousers, which is getting me down slightly, as I have no other clothes with me at the moment, Im really tired all the time... and as you can see I feel like moaning!!!:shrug:
How are you feeling, I take it from your other posts Sick is the main thing!
Are you craving anything?? For the past couple of days all I have wanted to eat was crab/fish chowder/ prawns and though I do like them normally I almost came away from the supermarket with 4 packets of scallops, prawns, mussels and smoked salmon, this afternoon! I managed to restrain myself and am having Haddock chowder for Lunch, though I did read in what to expect book about mercury content, so I am hoping Haddock is ok.

Sorry everyone, it seems everyone is rolling along,
Wanab your pics are lovely!
Nanner Rafting looked sooo much fun!

Something Im sad about is I can no longer go trampolining, :cry: we tried to look up to see whether it was sensible given my curent state, but decided that if there is any risk of damage at all there just isnt any point!

Went into baby Gap today, and almost bought a vest with Vespas on it (I drive a vespa) but thought I might be tempting fate.

Sorry for the rant/long reply sorry about people I have missed, I definately suffer from Baby Brain!!!

Sooooooo tomorrow AF is due - I'm kind of nervous about it! I'm never late and am always on time so I'll let you know the outcome! I haven't tested and have always said I wouldn't until I'm late by at least a week, the suspence will kill me but I just don't want to do anything too soon and get my hopes up.

Oooh! Good luck! I don't think I could wait a whole week after AF is due.. maybe just a couple days.

Oooh! Good luck! I don't think I could wait a whole week after AF is due.. maybe just a couple days.

Maybe not a whole week but I definitely will not be testing beforehand!

I really think it's going to be :bfn: this month as I have horrendous period pains today!

Lu-is- Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :thumbup:

Poppie- Being a tourist in the US can get spendy because everyone expects a tip; valet parkers, cab drivers, waiters, bell-hops, the guys that load your luggage at the airport, ect (though tipping isn't required). There aren't any official rules to tipping. In general, you want to tip about 15% if they do an average job; more if they do a great job. However, don't feel you have to give them anything if they do a bad job!

Is it just me, or are there a lot of pregnant ladies in the world? I never noticed them before!

I'm hoping to be ovulating within the next couple of days, but am not expecting to. Even so, the hubby and are are BDing a bunch just in case!

Loooooooooads of pregnant ladies around at the moment! I know loads of people who are due this summer too (or have already had their babies!)

Hope AF doesn't come for you simno - will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Poppie, I've always found that tipping 15-20% is about right in the US and Canada, more if the service is particularly good.

My friend found out today she is having a girl. So happy for her!

YES! Totally everyone is pregnant right now! I see girls all over the place popping out!

Ok - mini rant. I am so pissed. I am getting sick. It is like 95/35 degrees outside and I am catching a stupid cold. AND it is my 1st month TTC - we are supposed to start BDing in less than a week. I am upset that my immune system is shotty - I know it is bc I work too much and sleep too little. I take my pre-nates which have Vit C in them. Ugh. So pissed. And from what I read any cold medicine will dry up my CM so I will not be taking anything but just regular old Robintussin - which is actually supposed to help your CM. Still it is disappointing. Only me. I tell ya. ;)

my head iskilling n ees are stinging mini moan sorry i off for the night goodnight ladies xx

Poppie - Tipping is generally ~15% in the US, or 20% if they're really good. Usually we tip higher on a bar tab than a general food tab. (we as in, hub and I) At the hotels, if there's someone who takes our luggage, we may give a small tip but not usually. Cabbies will try and get one from you no matter what, and they're pretty much jerks about it. LOL. I try to avoid cabs because of that. haha. But yeah, tips on a good waiter or waitress is about 15-20%, or more if you're someplace where you think you got out-of-this-world service. I was drunk once and gave my favorite tender a 50% tip. Tell you what, I felt like an idiot but she got me a free drink the next time I was there. LOL.

Have funnnnnn!!! :D

Wanabe - Looks like a fab time. Super cute dress!! Now a stupid but serious question - Do the guys go to a rooster weekend? QUOTE]

Hey thanks everyone it was such a fun night out!

Snowflakes - that kinda made me chuckle :D :haha: but i know what your getting at lol women go on a hen weekend/night and men go on a stag wekkend/night.

Its a bachelore and bachelorette over in the US isn't it

xxx

Poppie, I usually tip waiters and waitress at restaurants and if anyone helps me with luggage etc. At restaurants I tip between 15-20% and for luggage a flat $5.00. As for cabs I’ll give an extra dollar or two, but usually nothing. I agree with Nanner that if you don’t feel a tip is warranted, don’t give one.

Singers, I’m so sorry you’re feeling so bad. Hopefully the “all day” sickness will go away soon. I think you should have got the Vespa vest, so cute!

Nanner, there are so many pregnant women. Two women in my aerobics class are pregnant and my DH said two of his friend are expecting. Every day while I’m walking outside I see a pregnant woman.

Snowflakes, sorry that your getting a cold. I was sick a few weeks ago and it was not fun especially when the weather was nice.

Hope you feel better Kimberley.

AFM, my CM has completely dried up, so I guess I'm in 2WW.

WanaBmummy - I have a friend here in Canada originally from the UK, and I just thought it was so cute when she kept refering to my bachelorette as a "Hen Party". Then again I think it was awesome because I love the pronunciations and "accents" of you UK-ians. :)

Poppie - I can't believe how soon your trip is! It's soo exciting! you are going to have a blast.

Nanner- Totally agree that there are soo many pregnant women around. I wish/hope I can be one of them soon.

CeeDee - Welcome to the TWW. :thumbup:

Someone please tell me not to test.. originally I had no desire to test until this weekend at the earliest, but at work today I kept thinking I could test tomorrow morning.. you never know if might be positive. so on and so forth Bah! Must stop thinking about it lol.

I had cramping all day long at work - it wasn't constant but the cramps and back pain would just keep coming and going. Kinda like AF, but a little less intense. My nipples are still sore (less sore than a couple days ago, but still sensitive), bloating and gas - especially after eating. Oh, and does it mean anything if I have more CM than the 2 wks before ovulation?

Thanks so much for the info girls. You've pretty much told me what I had read about anyway so that's good. I was a little concerned about tipping in department stores, but i hear it's not necessary - just the food, cabs and luggage things.

Well the time has almost come, this time tomorrow I'll be on a plane!! :plane:And when we get there we'll be officially TTC!! :happydance: :dance::yipee::headspin:

I'm at work this morning til lunch, then I'll go home and finish packing. The car is coming at 3:30am to pick us up so we'll be at the airport super early. I should have internet access while over there so I hope to be able to pop in to say hi.

I know I'm going to miss heaps of what's going on in here so I'll just wish everyone loads of :dust: for those who are trying and also waiting. Looking forward to hearing of lots of :bfp: 's on my return and hopefully telling you about mine too!!

Love to all the lovely Junebugs!! See you when I'm in America!!!
:kiss::wohoo::kiss:

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you Poppie! i love holidays! I haven't traveled anywhere super fun in awhile. two years ago we went camping in the mountains for our honeymoon but that's about it. I want to go to Europe, or Australia, or NYC - everyone's made it sound so fun.

good luck with everything on the trip. Especially with the TTC. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->