The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Thanks Becca.
Unfortunately the evil evil :witch: did get me. Dang. and boy is she being mean. lol

CeeDee- Let me know how your discussion goes, I'm a little nervous to ask husband if he wants to wait longer. He'll probably be a little more relaxed since I did not get pregnant right away.

Sorry for your news Singers, but your attitude is really inspiring.

Nothing doing here, lots of BD practice, think I'm proably about 7 days from OV, ticker says 5 though... will start testing for OV at the weekend.

Only going back for 48 hours Kimberley, all we could manage to spare.

Aw bummer Lu-is! Sorry she got you this month! D: Here's a cheers to her staying away NEXT month! ;D

teehee BD practice! ;) Always SO MUCH FREAKIN FUNNNNNN! Fingers crossed for you, Dinah, that your OV comes soon!

Just a quick question for u ladies.......

Just wondered how soon you all test after ov? I saw the percentages thing that Snowflakes posted (thanks for that Snowflakes!), but just wondered when u all tend to test?

I'm not exactly sure as haven't been charting, but i'm CD22 today and perhaps 7DPO(as had stretchy EW mucus about 7 days ago.....sorry TMI!!) I was just going to wait to see if AF arrived at the usual time, but the more i think about it the more i want to test - i'm being impatient!! Oh i don't know, maybe i should just wait to test if AF doesn't show?! Sure she will get me tho as it's only first cycle of TTC!

What do u think? Thanks ladies :)

I think im going to wait to see if af turns up then test if im a day latexx

My intention was to test on the day of AF, if she hadn't come by evening.

This backfired, twice.

I had a LP of 11 days the month before, so I vowed no testing until 11 DPO (and in the evening). I ended up testing at 9 DPO because we were going out with friends and I was contemplating if I could have a drink while out or not. Since my test was -, I did, and the nurse was like, "no worries, you weren't connected yet!" So phew!

Then I tested the morning of 11 DPO because I just felt 'funny.' I felt like AF was coming and I had cramps but I just wanted to test and just... you know... DO it so I could be like, "I'm not pregnant, AF is coming." I used a blue dye and figured it was a false positive. lmfao. 4 different brands and a bunch of tests later, yeah. lol.

BUT ANYWAY it depends. Some women start at 6-8 days (or earlier for the obsessive ones) and begin testing. That just tends to, in my eyes, become stressful and expensive for them. But everyone's different. I just see lots of threads that are, "- at 8 DPO and gutted!" I know I was a little sad at 9 DPO seeing a -. So for that reason, I was aiming to wait until my period was missing, just to try and avoid the letdown of seeing lots of - tests. But waiting to test was harder than I thought, too!

So long ramble aside, totally your call. Do what makes you feel most comfortable. :)

Thank you pink and swan!

I think i will wait til AF shows up, or not as the case may be!! I'm trying not to think about the whole situation too much, but is much easier said than done!! I just need to hang on in there a few more days.....i feel like i'm being completely too obsessed for only the first month of TTC.....just want a BFP so much!!!

Will keep you posted!!!

Hope all other ladies are ok and sending lots of baby dust to you all!!!!

no problem meadows! :)

it's so hard not to be obsessed, but it's good to reign it in at least somewhat, I think. ;D it can become too stressful otherwise; I had a few friends who really just burned out within 2-3 months because of all the hoops they were trying to jump through. and it's so easy to get that way too, when you want it so badly.

hope you see your BFP soon and best wishes! :hugs: I'm so excited for all you ladies trying now, looking forward to seeing lots of announcements soon! ;D

Meadows - I am unsure about the whole testing thing. I have told myself that I will not test til I have a missed AF. BUT. As of right now, AF is due 7/16 - it may change if I OV later then what I think. This is also the same day as a bachlorette party - if I see my temps staying high - I plan to test but if I notice my temp dropping then I probably won't test. In reality, I probably will just test anyways. Hope this makes sense.... Basically I am afraid that if I drink a potential bean might not stick for me - Am I nuts?

So, I should OV on Saturday (CD13). I think I am getting sick again with another cold. :( I am afraid that bc I will be sick my temps are going to go all haywire and I won't know when I really OV'd. So, I am thinking of getting the CBE digital OPK as backup. Anyone know if I am I too late to start it today at CD11?

Nope, you're not nuts at all Snowflakes! Better to be safe than sorry. I'd definitely test no matter what - because even a temp drop doesn't mean you're out - could just be wonky! ;D haha. I was paranoid about drinking during the TWW, even though I know plenty of doctors say you don't have to be. I'm just a natural worrier like that. ;D

OH and I used digital OPKs - the smilie ones - during both cycles off the pill and I started them... usually around CD12 or so because I was due to ovulate around the 15th. :) so you should be fine!

sorry to hear you're thinking you're getting sick again, that's no fun! :(

snowflakes my af is due a day before you how exciting lets hope we get those bfps.

Hope everyone is ok. xx

So, I just got back from lunch. Went to the grocery store and in with the reduced items was a box of 7 CBE digital OPK's + 1 free pregnancy test for like $9 - I see them at stores for over $25. I felt it was a sign so I bought them - beat up box and all.

Now to try and hold my pee for 4 hours will be the hard part.

Pink - that would be so awesome if we both got it! FX & baby dust for us!!

woohoo, great deal on the OPKs, that's awesome!

best wishes to both of you! :D :happydance:

Yay good luck Snowflake and Becca! I'm glad we'll have more testing within the next couple weeks. It'll keep me entertained until we can try again. (Boy is TTC ever full of waiting).
I think I'll be ovulating around the time your periods are expected.

I think this next month will be a lot easier to not symptom spot, we're going out of town shortly after I OV for about 10 days, so I will definetly be distracted and likely won't have much internet access. (means I'll miss you ladies, but I won't be obsessing over signs. :) ).

Well I am waiting until AF is missing this cycle before testing (assuming it even cones to that) so that'll be next Thursday. I'm going to make myself wait as seeing the negative test last cycle was surprisingly upsetting. Getting AF wasn't nearly so bad. Just kind oh there it is.

Hi, just popping in. I didn't read everything, I just skimmed through.

Singers, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that there were no complications for you though. Would you like me to just change the thread title back to 2 bfps, or do you want me to add that there is an angel... how would you like me to do it? I don't want to upset you.

Swan, the brand name is Zofran, it is very expensive. I have to get authorizations from almost every insurance company before they will pay for it for our patients. I hate insurance companies!

Hey Jess, hope you're doing ok. Nice to hear from you :)

Sorry about AF Lu-is, fingers crossed for next time.

Good luck to the testing ladies! I am about 8PDO, so will be testing next week. Being my first cycle off the pill, I have no idea when to expect my period, but I would imagine the middle of next week. I will test around then.
I must admit, I'm not feeling pregnant, I know a lot of ladies have a sense, or intuition, I don't have that at all really.
Only slight symptom is my breasts are a bit fuller and I have had a few cramps, but both of these could easily just be early signals of AF! I will wait until next week and stop speculating!

Good luck to the ladies in the other two week wait too, I find waiting to OV just as bad as waiting to test after OV!

Hello ladies, just a quick pop in from me.

We're in New York City!! We've been having a great time so far, been to Times Square, FAO Schwarz Toy Store, Empire State Building and Top of the Rock. We also did a Circle Line Cruise yesterday around Manhattan Island. It was awesome except we both got terribly sunburnt! Oh well at least we'll go home with a tan.

We're off to 5th Ave for shopping this morning and we'll probably head down to Ground Zero to have a look this afternoon. Still lots more to do!

Talk soon
xo

Ahhh, envious Poppie! I loooooove NYC. So glad you're having fun! :D Excited for this weekend's fireworks?!

Thanks Jess - good to know! I was figuring it had to be a fortune or something, since my insurance limits me so much on what I can take. Bugger! lol. It's a miracle drug though, works wonders. I've only needed to take one (half pill) thus far, because I tend to feel better toward the end of every week. Thank goodness. But I'm holding on tightly to it, for the cases when I do need it.

Shame it's so tough for you to get it for your patients though; especially with it being so beneficial. /:

How have you been? I've missed you! :hugs: Hope all is well! xox

One day left then it's the WEEKEND - woohoo! Hope all you lovely ladies have a fabulous weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->