• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread** PAL Babies born late Feb 2011

So girls, how is it going? My kids are out of school for Summer and things should slow down for me a bit!!

A is getting taller and stronger. She can roll from her tummy to her back, but not all the time, and sometimes she gets frustrated by that!

She's eating like crazy, and not sleeping well. She's been waking twice a night instead of just once lately. Naps during the day are a challenge too, she doesn't want to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time, I think she's afraid she's going to miss something.

And she's obsessed with whatever we are eating, and cries because she wants us to share. It's going to be a long 3 months because I'm hoping not to start solids until around 6 m.

How are your babies doing?

Lexi is coming on a treat!

She is still sleeping from 7pm right through till 7.30am, so this is fantastic for me!
She eats 7oz at 07.30am, then 4x 6oz throughout the day..

She is now 14lbs+

I discussed weaning with my HV, and she said although the goverment try to encourage solids at 6months, you can start from 17weeks. She agreed that lexi would be started around this time... as she is starting to watch what we are eating, and her hand to mouth coordination has started..

Off the subject... Do you guys have loads of hair falling out when you wash it? I have loads and loads coming out!!! ( IM NOT BALD - YET)

I hear you on the hair falling out- I am losing it everywhere, good job I cut it short!

We are on half term so lazing in bed watching childrens tv-bliss! We have all been a bit ill lately and J didn't put on much weight-8oz in 3 weeks so she was 12 13.5 last week but the hv said was prob due to her cold. Only thing now is that I have had a tummy bug and got dehydrated and my milk supply has gone down significantly. We have been topping up with formula this weekend (finally success with the bottle!) but hope to get supply back up to normal this week.

I'm not sure what to do about weaning, j watches us eat but just finds it funny! She does try to put everything she sees in her mouth but not sure if that is more teething! I wanted to wait until 6 months but as her weight isn't brilliant I might start a bit earlier, maybe 20 weeks with just baby rice?

Girls are you on Facebook? I am on there more often at the moment!

yes...kathleen mckinlay smyth.....add me as a friend

I started my older kids on solids around 4 months. I'm hoping to wait a bit longer this time though. I'm planning avocado for her first food.

A slept through the night the last 2 nights--about 9 pm to 7 am. Naps are sill hit and miss. No idea what she weighs--her next well baby visit is at 4 months.

My hair isn't falling. It did with my other kids from delivery on.

I'm on fb...but I don't use my real name on this forum. So I'll add you, with a note to identify myself!

No sleeping through for me yet :-( I get woken around 4 and she has been sleeping til 8 as it is holidays so less noise to wake her. But she is not very hungry at 8 then. Maybe it is time to try the water trick at 4am?

if she is not hungry you need to cut the mid-night feed...

i dropped it an oz every 2 nights till we got to 2oz.. then i never fed her at all...

Its habit rather than hunger

Mmm night before last she woke at 4 I settled her with a dummy and she was ok and slept til 6! Last night however it was 3.45 and she was definitely hungry and is hungry again now at 7. No consistency!

Kathleen your pics of lexi on facebook are adorable! She is so cute, you are right she is coming along a treat!

Afm we booked a last minute mini break an are going 'glamping'! Wish me luck! Xx

A is sleeping about 7 hours at a stretch now, not as good as the 9-7 she was doing last week. Taking one long 3 hour nap in the afternoon and a couple of shorter naps during the day. Eating about 5-6oz every 3 hours during the day.

It's finally spring weather here and the kids are out of school for summer.

so when the time comes for you to start weaning... how exactly are you gonna do it?

im thinking of starting around 4 months. and will start with breakfast..... how long do you go with this before you add a lunch?

Sophies 6yrs old now and i cannpot remember what i did with her!

I would like to wait until 6 months, but hopefully at least 5. I'm planning to start with mashed avocado. I haven't really thought about which meal to start. My older children we started at 4 months with rice cereal. We did it at night which was supposed to help them sleep longer (it did.)

Girls I've been seeing your baby pictures on facebook and both Lexi and Juliette are just precious! I just want to kiss their cheeks!

Has anyone heard from Karen?

A is just fab too Sophia! all our babies are just gorgeous aren't we lucky! just got back from a long weekend 'glamping'! thought i would hate it but absolutely loved it and J was brilliant! x

glamping with a 3month old baby - brilliant!

Aint heard from karen , she must be v busy....

So when you guys start weaning... how exactly are you going to do it?

I was going to introduce baby apple juice around 4 months.... then start with baby rice (mixed with FF) about 10am for the first month or so

We've actually started apple juice already--1 oz juice cut with 1 oz water, every other day or so. A gets constipated otherwise since I quit BF. I had to do the same thing with my oldest, otherwise the constipation was horrible.

Still planning mashed avocado at night starting around 6 months. A likes to drink water from a cup when we have dinner each night. She gets mad if I don't let her have drinks of water when we are eating.

So what time at night do you plan on giving the avacado?

I think i will start with the apple juice just now then...

Wow she'll drink from a cup...that's good. Hadn't thought about apple juice but then J doesn't get constipated so I guess there is no need just yet. I was going to start with baby rice at 10-11 am for the first week or so and if she takes it ok move it to 6pm and give her apple or pear in the am. I am still bf so have started to freeze cubes of bm to mix with the baby rice as it is easier than having to express in the day. J is much better with bottles now and will take 5oz from a bottle at 11pm but she is more fussy in the day and will refuse bottles (and sometimes the breast if she is too tired). With eve I switched to bottles when I was weaning, this time will be more tricky as I obv can't tell how much milk she will be getting!

I love the weaning stage...so exciting!

We have baby massage later and hopefully will get J weighed again, hope her weight has picked up a bit xx

So what time at night do you plan on giving the avacado?

I think i will start with the apple juice just now then...

Probably when the rest of the family eats dinner. She's very interested in dinner. :haha:

Wow she'll drink from a cup...that's good. Hadn't thought about apple juice but then J doesn't get constipated so I guess there is no need just yet. I was going to start with baby rice at 10-11 am for the first week or so and if she takes it ok move it to 6pm and give her apple or pear in the am. I am still bf so have started to freeze cubes of bm to mix with the baby rice as it is easier than having to express in the day. J is much better with bottles now and will take 5oz from a bottle at 11pm but she is more fussy in the day and will refuse bottles (and sometimes the breast if she is too tired). With eve I switched to bottles when I was weaning, this time will be more tricky as I obv can't tell how much milk she will be getting!

I love the weaning stage...so exciting!

We have baby massage later and hopefully will get J weighed again, hope her weight has picked up a bit xx

Well she likes to try to drink from a cup.... She spits most of it out all over her shirt.

Have you seen the WHO's growth charts for breastfed babies? They are expected to gain a little more slowly than formula fed babies.

J is 13 pounds 3.5 now which is still not enough (5.5oz in 2 weeks) and she is dipping more off her growth chart. I think she is on a bf chart, but off to google thanks sophia. the hv now thinks it is because she is really teething and that might be why she refuses feeds sometimes in the day. i am going to start keeping a record of feeds and try to offer her a bottle top up. i don't think it is a supply issue as i can pump more after she feeds but i can usually force another ounce down her that way!

I hope it resolves on its own! What a stress. That does seem low on the gaining. Keep us updated. Has her latch changed? I've noticed A is very distracted now when she eats and its hard to get her to focus on her bottles after a couple of oz. Does J do that too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->