• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread**

Hi ladies....good to hear your updates...congrats on team pink Sophia...and a lovely scan experience. Alina, so sorry to hear about your pains. My sister had that and it was horrid.

My little rascal is jumping around like a bean...it's such a comfort to able to feel it kicking so often and to know he is fine!!

My husband and I have even decided on both a first and middle name....it is a modern day miracle. I will tell you as long as you promise only to say positive things, he, he!!! I am not telling any friends or family here as I don't want them to criticise. At least when the baby is actually named, people are more likely to just accept that that is the name. My dad has started suggesting lame names and getting the huff when I don't say that they are trully wonderful!!
What are you guys doing about names - secret or not??

I am getting very excited...today I was coming down the stairs in school to go to another class and I couldn't stop grinning. Glad noone spotted me!!!

Hope everyone is feeling very happy (despite the pains Alina)... time is marching on!!

Lots of love xx

tell tell tell

We have agreed on Ellie, if a girl
Jamie if a boy ( although OH like Jaime if a girl)

These are lovely names Kathleen...I always think of people i have known or taught when it comes to names and Ellie is the name of a lovley wee girl I had in a P3 class years ago who I could have taken home!! Jamie was my next door neighbour growing up...the boy next door...first kiss...still a good friend and daddy to his own now. Lovely choices!!

OK, here goes....if I was having a girl it was gonna be Honor, but I ain't so it's Jude (I have been reading lots of Thomas Hardy books during this pregnancy for some reason..he is one of the characters..and of course Jude Law is a personal favourite, he he!!) Hubbie and I were professional musicans for years and are "arty" so I think that might be a good name for an arty boy - there's no way he will escape it with these genes. What do you think?
xx

Aw congrats on baby girl! Baby girl shopping how exciting! Congrats! Xx

How is everyone doing? I've been having lots of pain when standing/walking and the dr says I have spd. Just trying to rest as much as possible before I get to see the physio.

Xx

Ouch! Sorry to hear it. I hope the physio can do something for you!

tell tell tell

We have agreed on Ellie, if a girl
Jamie if a boy ( although OH like Jaime if a girl)

Very cute! I like Jamie/Jaime for boy or girl, but Ellie is super sweet too.

These are lovely names Kathleen...I always think of people i have known or taught when it comes to names and Ellie is the name of a lovley wee girl I had in a P3 class years ago who I could have taken home!! Jamie was my next door neighbour growing up...the boy next door...first kiss...still a good friend and daddy to his own now. Lovely choices!!

OK, here goes....if I was having a girl it was gonna be Honor, but I ain't so it's Jude (I have been reading lots of Thomas Hardy books during this pregnancy for some reason..he is one of the characters..and of course Jude Law is a personal favourite, he he!!) Hubbie and I were professional musicans for years and are "arty" so I think that might be a good name for an arty boy - there's no way he will escape it with these genes. What do you think?
xx

I love Jude! Very nice name and not overused!

After my scan we went to Barnes & Noble to look for baby name books. But as I was looking, I realized we've been talking boys names for so long b/c Intelligender predicted a boy for us. So I asked DH whether he still liked the girls name we had picked out and he does. So I saved the $22 and I think we are going to go with Aislinn Elizabeth. We are using the Americanized pronunciation, not the Gaelic, so it will be said, "Ace-lynn" which is funny because my brother told me yesterday we should name our baby "Ace".

It's been a busy weekend for us. The kids had a school carnival, and my six year old was stepped on in the bounce house by an older child. Now her knee hurts, but there's no swelling. It sounds like she hyper-extended her knee. So she's taking it easy (meaning I'm waiting on her, and she's milking it for all its worth) and if its not better by Monday I will take her to a physical therapist to see what we can do to alleviate the pain.

And Dh was working on finishing a room in the basement for his new office once the baby is here, and I went down and found a box of baby girl clothes I had forgotten I had saved. There are more in there than I remembered keeping, so I've had fun going through them. Some had stains that appeared in storage, but they seem to have come out with a good clorox2 soak.

Thanks ladies....thanks for positivity!!! Sophia, I have never heard the name Aislinn before but it is very pretty!! You sound very busy indeed! I am procratinating big style...lots of paint jobs to be done...paint at the ready but not getting anywhere near the walls!!! Cakes are much more important, he he! xx

i just cant begin to plan our nursery yet for fear of jinxing myself.... typed as baby has just kicked me!!

probably think about it in Dec/Jan.....
Going to start properly looking at prams the now though - BUT WONT BUY ONE YET!!

I am thinking Pliko Pramette Mimi.....I am not too keen on the really modern ones...maybe I would be for summer but just want something small and cosy for winter. What are you thinking? x

LOVE the names girls! I really like Jude but hubby would never let me :-( we cannot agree on any names lol! I want Isabella and he wants hermione for a girl and I like Isaiah and he likes Jacob for a boy. Poor baby isn't going to have a name at this rate lol!

Pilko pramette looks cosy! I've gone for a more modern one I guess, I needed to have a light one as I'll be lugging it out of the car for the school run twice a day!

We started clearing the study for the nursery this weekend. Desk etc now on the landing and put lots of bookshelves up as we have so many books! Just got to get virgin out to move the broadband, hope they don't charge the earth! Then will start decorating eek! Xx

Yay for decorating! We've decided to build a new room for Dh's office in the basement, and move DS down to the old office. So we have a bit of shuffling to do. I can't move DS downstairs until after the first of the year for tax reasons, since we claim our home office. But after that I will be able to start thinking nursery plans!

I was at the hosp again for another check up...baby had the hiccups when the midwife was listening in! She also said that it felt like quite a big baby in there and that I was cooking it good!!! Yikes!!! I thought I was really huge until I went to the hosp and saw all these other "well on" mothers. OMG..terrifying!!!!

Hope you are all well...I wish the end of the week would hurry up...so tired, and the kids are gonig crazy about halloween!!!

xx

Halloween craziness here too!

So I was thinking--we only have about a month left before 3rd trimester! Yikes!

I love Halloween but dd won't dress up as anything scary! So funny! There's always next year! I will be so excited for 3rd tri. Baby will be viable next week, that's mad! Xx

Girls, here I go whining again! I woke up today with a UTI. If I eat sweets, I know I'll get a yeast infection b/c of the antibiotics. How is this fair on Halloween weekend? I'm making caramel corn for a family party--not sure I will be able to indulge. :(

I'm 23 weeks today!

Girls, here I go whining again! I woke up today with a UTI. If I eat sweets, I know I'll get a yeast infection b/c of the antibiotics. How is this fair on Halloween weekend? I'm making caramel corn for a family party--not sure I will be able to indulge. :(

I'm 23 weeks today!

caramel corn sounds lush, is that like toffee popcorn we have here? making me hungry! hope you could enjoy something at least :-(

Had a wobbly day yesterday, Lily Allen in the news losing her baby and she was about as far gone as us. so unfar. Today feeling more positive and it is V day for me! Yipee! Getting close and closer bit by bit!

How is everyone else?

OOh, I also finished my quilt - and my dd said that she didn't like it as I hadn't made a matching pillowcase! Gratitude for you!

I'm 23 weeks today!

caramel corn sounds lush, is that like toffee popcorn we have here? making me hungry! hope you could enjoy something at least :-(

Had a wobbly day yesterday, Lily Allen in the news losing her baby and she was about as far gone as us. so unfar. Today feeling more positive and it is V day for me! Yipee! Getting close and closer bit by bit!

How is everyone else?

OOh, I also finished my quilt - and my dd said that she didn't like it as I hadn't made a matching pillowcase! Gratitude for you!

Happy V-day!!!!

Caramel corn is like toffee popcorn, only its chewy & gooey, not crunchy.

2 cups brown sugar
2 cups corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
5 bags popped microwave popcorn (Or pop about 1 1/2 cups dried kernels)

Dissolve brown sugar & corn syrup together over medium heat, stirring constantly. When completely dissolved & starting to boil, add butter & condensed milk. Cook to a soft ball stage. Pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated.

I can't believe your DD didn't like it!! Are you going to make her a pillow case too or tell her too darn bad? My quilt is almost done, just working on the binding. I'll post pictures when its all done.

mmmm thanks for the recipe, i'll have to try that over the weekend! sounds yum!

as for the quilt i've told her it's tough! she is a proper little madam for a three year old! I'll post a pic with my latest bump pic later this week! x

Too funny! Girls sure come with a sense of who they are!! For that reason, I'm a little nervous about having another, but I guess its free comedy 24/7!!

Here I am at 23+6. The picture quality isn't too great, but it gives an idea of my giant stomach!

When I went to vote the other day, the lady at the polling place said, "Now, we don't want any pregnant ladies going into labor here or anything..."

Attachments

• 24 wks.jpg
    24 wks.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
Hey Sophia, I think you look pretty petite! I feel huge compared to that! I will try and take a pic later and put it up. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->