**The Lucky Thread**

Hey girls I'm here :) glad everything ok with everyone! I'm at that stage where I've started to swell! I had bad water retention with dd and have already had to take my wedding rings off and my legs are massive! Can't believe I still have 10 weeks to go! Will post a bump pic tomo I am huge!

On the positive side we put the cot up today so except for some tidying the nursery is done! And we paid the balance of the pushchair so that should come in at the beginning of January! Only got to pick up a swing and new monitor and we are all set! X

I'm swelling a little too--especially in the mornings. Not fun.

That's so great your nursery is nearly done! Our remodeling is sort of at a stand still because we are waiting on electrical. I'm starting to get anxious about it, but I guess its not the end of the world, since baby will room with us for awhile anyway.

So Sophia you are planning on a home birth? X

Legally considered a home birth, but I live farther from the MW than she's willing to travel. She has a birth suite at her office which is gorgeous so I'm going there. It's about a 45 minute drive from my home.

ooh a birth suite sounds nice! bit rich the midwife making you travel to her, you're the one that'll be in labour - the travel would be easier for her!

I am hoping to go midwife led at the hosp - they have very good facilities. will see what they say at my consultant appt in Jan!

as promised bump pic - me at 29+5. Excuse the Pj's!

Attachments

• Jelly baby 29+5.jpg
    Jelly baby 29+5.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
You are looking good!

I think she only travels to very local homes--but I know she has women who come to her from a lot farther away--4 or 5 hours even. She's right by the mall, so I think our plan is when labor starts up mildly, to drive into the mall and walk around there, so I don't have to spend the 45 min in heavy labor in the car.

as promised bump pic - me at 29+5. Excuse the Pj's!
Alena! Looking a bit like my good self!! I can't believe how quickly I am expanding and it is a comfort to see you are the same!!! Looking fab!!

I can't believe how close it is and actually want the weeks to slow down now...getting pretty nervous about the birth!!

30 weeks today!!! I'm 3/4 of the way there. I'm not sure this child can grow anymore though, its getting ridiculous. And I think she's grown 3 or 4 extra elbows.

Happy 30 weeks! I can't believe we are this far along!

Baby had a quiet day yest, could feel movements but not many big kicks. Hope for acmore active day today or else I will ask to be put on a trace. Hopefully not though as the hospital is 45 mins away and we are snowed in again! Were supposed to be going away for the weekend but roads are too bad and dh crashed the car yesterday in the snow :doh: he wasn't hurt but the car doesn't look so good!

Hope everyone has a good weekend! X

Alina I'm so glad your Dh wasn't hurt! Scary!! Will the car be totaled?

I slept terrible last night--I don't think this baby understands that my rib cage is not her home. I was constantly trying to get her feet out from under my ribs and stay out!

Oh dear sorry you had a bad night, at least the baby is head down though! Baby was kicking away yesterday and this am so all good here!

Hopefully just cosmetic damage to the car, will find out on tues when it's booked into the garage-as ling as I can get there lol!

Hi everyone....

how we all doing? times flyng by thanks to Xmas, to keep our minds occupied.

After the NY i only have 3 more weeks of work... thats 9 shifts!
I am finishing up 6 weeks on holiday and then my MAT LEAVE starts 4th march, util Sept..........CANT WAIT!!!

when do you all finish up?

Hi all, hope all is great with you....Kathleen, I still don't know when I am finishing...it would help if Glasgow City Council would answer my queries and actually acknowledge I am going on Mat leave!!! Nightmare! Anyway, going to work as long as I can so I have more time at the other end. I will hopefully take 9 months then get my hols at the end of that so that will take me up to Christmas next year if I hang on till Feb. That plan could all change though!!

Anyway, i am off to Rockport, Massachusetts on Boxing Day until the 4th Jan to see my DH''s family and don't know whether they have a internet access at their holiday place, so if I am off the radar, then that is why.

I hope you all have a lovely, peaceful holiday full of festive cheer!! xxx

I'm off work on 15th jan! Woo woo can't wait! Although I'm taking the whole of Christmas off due to the snow-can't get eve to nursery! So I will only have 2 weeks left then! I can't wait for 9 months off, although I am self employed so I can take longer but I just wouldn't get paid!

Afm feeling ropey today, was up all night with such bad reflux I was sick twice so feeling a bit sorry for myself! Still stuck inside because of the snow too. At least dh has a week off now so I can rest properly! Had midwife yest too and I had sugar in my urine so have to watch wha I eat and see how it is next time. Perfect timing over Christmas!

Hope everyone has a fab christmas!

Also forgot to say enjoy your hols Kathleen and karen, sooo jealous! Xx

Merry Merry Christmas girls! I hope everyone has fun and stays safe over the break!

Hi girls hope you are having a fab holiday break! We've just got back from a wedding on Anglesey now off again down to Bournemouth for new year! Happy new year everyone, our babies will be here in 2011! Xx

Happy New Year!!

Lots of snow here. We slid off the freeway last night into a barrier on the way back from taking the kids ice skating. So we will start the year dealing with insurance....

32 weeks for me yesterday! I can't believe we are getting so close!

Hope everyone is safe & happy this weekend!

Happy New Year!!

Lots of snow here. We slid off the freeway last night into a barrier on the way back from taking the kids ice skating. So we will start the year dealing with insurance....

32 weeks for me yesterday! I can't believe we are getting so close!

Hope everyone is safe & happy this weekend!

oh no not you too, hope everyone is ok xx

Estimate for the repair is $3000!!!! Thank goodness we kept comprehensive insurance on it.

nightmare! ours goes into the garage on thurs so will see what the damage is then! luckily we are fully comp too so it will only mean £100 excess, plus increased premiums next year of course!

at least no one was hurt x

I have my consultant anesthestist appointment tomorrow, so will find out what my pain management options are. i think the baby must have moved as i have a really sharp pain in my cervix area whenever i move, i'm thinking maybe the head is really low down? i'm not sure if i get to see a consultant obstetrician tomorrow but if i will do i will ask them! also hoping for a tour of the hospital if i can blag one without having booked! busy times!

hope everyone is ok now back at work - it is the final stretch, only a week and a half for me! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->