**The Lucky Thread**

Hi everyone

Another week down for us all !

So hows everyone feeling? I have been getting aches and pains - mainly period pains.. but nothing major. Little Miss is still breech, as i can feel her head right at my ribs...not sure if she will turn at all. But if she doesnt, im not fussed. If its a c sec, then so be it, whatever is safest for her!

Hi all! No progress for me here but one week down is good, I seriously cannot wait for this baby to be here! The heartburn is absolutely killing me and I'm thinking I might actually get more sleep with a newborn here!

don't think my little one has turned either, I have midwife on thurs and hosp on monday so still another week in limbo! I'm with you kathleen, whatever option is safer!

Sophia I have never even heard of a nonstress test?!

hang on in there girls, we're nearly there! xx

Wonder who will have their baby first between us????

I was just wondering the same thing!! You will probably all go before me and you'll have to keep me supplied with cute baby pictures to get me through while I go overdue to 42 weeks, ha ha.

Here's what I found online about nonstress test:

The test involves attaching one belt to the mother’s abdomen to measure fetal heart rate and another belt to measure contractions. Movement, heart rate and “reactivity” of heart rate to movement is measured for 20-30 minutes. If the baby does not move, it does not necessarily indicate that there is a problem; the baby could just be asleep. A nurse may use a small “buzzer” to wake the baby for the remainder of the test.

Doesn't sound too bad, just being monitored! But I still hope my baby is here before then just so I don't have to worry about her!

I hurt my back yesterday somehow. I cannot wait to be comfortable again. And to sleep on my stomach!!!

This sounds like the machine i was hooked up to when i slipped on ice.

i had to lie still on the hosp bed for about 30+mins and press a wee button everytime baby moved. The machine recorded movements etc and it was printed out on a sort of graph thing

Full term today :happydance:

nonstress test doesn't sound too bad i guess, but i bet baby will not be too impressed if the buzzer needs to be used! poor little thing that's not the nicest way to be woken up! :haha:

YAY For full term!!! Any signs baby is getting ready to show her pretty face? I'm counting down until Friday when I hit 37 wks too.

I keep hearing these stories about babies whose placentas fail and such, and its making me paranoid. I am getting so anxious to have my baby in my arms!

I was supposed to have a girls night out this weekend that my SIL's were throwing me. Now they have both canceled. One SIL's mom is going to be in town so she bailed to hang with her mom instead. (My pregnant psycho side wants to punch her in the nose for that). The other one has a sick baby. I don't think we will reschedule, and I'm really bummed.

YAY For full term!!! Any signs baby is getting ready to show her pretty face? I'm counting down until Friday when I hit 37 wks too.

I keep hearing these stories about babies whose placentas fail and such, and its making me paranoid. I am getting so anxious to have my baby in my arms!

I was supposed to have a girls night out this weekend that my SIL's were throwing me. Now they have both canceled. One SIL's mom is going to be in town so she bailed to hang with her mom instead. (My pregnant psycho side wants to punch her in the nose for that). The other one has a sick baby. I don't think we will reschedule, and I'm really bummed.

rubbish about the cancelled night out :-( but I am glad you have a pregnant psycho side, I was worried it was just me :haha:

had midwife today, a different one as my usual one is on holiday. she couldn't tell where the baby was lying (useful). she said she thought maybe it's head was down but that she was glad I have a hosp appt on Monday as she was not really sure at all. beginning to wonder if the baby looks like a baby if no one can figure out where it is lying?!

she did confirm that pains i have been having in my back are braxton hicks, they are like contractions but in my back not my tummy so was confusing me. they are really sporadic so not worried yet but she was concerned that if they got any worse I should go into hosp because of the risks if the baby is the wrong way :-( so it will be a weekend of me lying on the sofa trying not to go into labour then!

hope everyone else is ok? xx

Hi ladies...I had my heart echo on Monday at last and all is good, then on Wednesday I had usual checkup...blood pressure slightly up, baby's head 3/5 palpable and they told me that they won't let me go over my dates because of my age, so if it's a no show by 26th I will be being induced that day!! Yikes!!

I am waking up every hour, it seems, in the night - and last night I did not get back to sleep at all from 4.10am! Sooooo tired!! My assessment was cancelled today at short notice as the assessors had flu, then they rescheduled it for tomorrow with a completely different guy who doesn't know what I have been doing, so no pressure or stress there!!!

A week tomorrow is my last day at school and I can't wait. Knowing my luck, the little one will arrive the next day!! Promise I won't compain!

Come on all you babies.....turn!!! xxxx

PS.....just realised I am full term today...yay!!! Like you all, I will feel much better when he is my arms! xx

rubbish about the cancelled night out :-( but I am glad you have a pregnant psycho side, I was worried it was just me :haha:

had midwife today, a different one as my usual one is on holiday. she couldn't tell where the baby was lying (useful). she said she thought maybe it's head was down but that she was glad I have a hosp appt on Monday as she was not really sure at all. beginning to wonder if the baby looks like a baby if no one can figure out where it is lying?!

she did confirm that pains i have been having in my back are braxton hicks, they are like contractions but in my back not my tummy so was confusing me. they are really sporadic so not worried yet but she was concerned that if they got any worse I should go into hosp because of the risks if the baby is the wrong way :-( so it will be a weekend of me lying on the sofa trying not to go into labour then!

hope everyone else is ok? xx

Ha, I think my pregnant psycho side is starting to take over!!! It seems like everything either ticks me off or devastates me and I'm in tears.

Have you tried the spinning babies website to figure out how your baby is lying? I hope it is head down, that would be a relief!

Keep us updated if your BH pick up into something more!

Hi ladies...I had my heart echo on Monday at last and all is good, then on Wednesday I had usual checkup...blood pressure slightly up, baby's head 3/5 palpable and they told me that they won't let me go over my dates because of my age, so if it's a no show by 26th I will be being induced that day!! Yikes!!

I am waking up every hour, it seems, in the night - and last night I did not get back to sleep at all from 4.10am! Sooooo tired!! My assessment was cancelled today at short notice as the assessors had flu, then they rescheduled it for tomorrow with a completely different guy who doesn't know what I have been doing, so no pressure or stress there!!!

A week tomorrow is my last day at school and I can't wait. Knowing my luck, the little one will arrive the next day!! Promise I won't compain!

Come on all you babies.....turn!!! xxxx

YAY for last day of school--it will be nice for you to have a break!! Hopefully you will have at least a couple days to get things sorted before baby shows up!

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping. It's such a challenge isn't it? I have been making practically a nest of pillows, and Dh comes home tonight, I'm tempted to have him go sleep elsewhere so I can have all the pillows and the middle of the bed.

Congrats on making full term!!!!!

Oh I forgot to mention--I woke up to lots of BH this morning around 6 am, and they've been going all day long. Not getting harder or more frequent, but definitely there. I can feel baby's head slamming my cervix with each step (she must be huge because her feet are still in my ribs too.)

I don't think its the real thing, but it motivated me to fill the dresser (did I already mention my dad was out yesterday and put it together for me?) with baby clothes, pack a bag for baby, and clean my master bedroom. I'd like to get the master bath cleaned today too.

Sorry to do 3 posts in a row--but my GBS labs just came back and they are negative! I don't have to have antibiotics/IV in labor!! YAY!

Sorry to do 3 posts in a row--but my GBS labs just came back and they are negative! I don't have to have antibiotics/IV in labor!! YAY!

Great news Sophia! Makes things a little easier!! Gosh, these BH sound quite strong! I am having them too, especially at night but not contantly like that. My little one's head is doing some pounding too and the feet are still right up! I am only 5 foot tall so I guess he hasn't got that much room to manouvre...

My school passed the assessment I was leading today and the assessors said it was the loveliest visit they had ever had!!! I was gob-smacked as they were very experienced and top in their field...a great way to finish up for maternity. Still in shock!!

Take care y'all xxx

Hi ladies,

found myself so sleepless last night that I was doing school work at 4am just to pass the time! I still felt sooooo full up to my neck from dinner, and so crampy as well.

I think I am getting pretty anxious about the birth again....for those of you who have been there before, is it really that bad??!!!! I am stressing!!!

xx

Great news Sophia! Makes things a little easier!! Gosh, these BH sound quite strong! I am having them too, especially at night but not contantly like that. My little one's head is doing some pounding too and the feet are still right up! I am only 5 foot tall so I guess he hasn't got that much room to manouvre...

My school passed the assessment I was leading today and the assessors said it was the loveliest visit they had ever had!!! I was gob-smacked as they were very experienced and top in their field...a great way to finish up for maternity. Still in shock!!

Take care y'all xxx

Way to go!!!!!

I'm 5'8" and feeling totally crammed in there, I can't imagine how it must feel for you! Last night I was contracting every 10 minutes for several hours, but only 2 of the cntx were hard enough that I had to really pay attention. Then nothing during the night. DH leaves for another 2 day trip, and after that the rest of his travel is flexible so I'm "home free" to have the baby anytime. I sorta hope she will come soon after this trip so we can enjoy his time off rather than having her come around her due date and only having a couple weeks before he goes back.

Hi ladies,

found myself so sleepless last night that I was doing school work at 4am just to pass the time! I still felt sooooo full up to my neck from dinner, and so crampy as well.

I think I am getting pretty anxious about the birth again....for those of you who have been there before, is it really that bad??!!!! I am stressing!!!

xx

I didn't think it was that bad. It was intense, and hard work. But really I would so much rather do labor & delivery than be pregnant!! Even right now my hardest BH contractions feel good because they smush the baby down out of my ribs. I'm kinda looking forward to it. But then I also have panicky moments like "what if its worse than I remember?"

Well i quite clearly remember the PAIN of labour... and am dreading this!!
Def gonna ask for an epi - but i think to be honest i will be c sectioned as i dont think she has turned at all.

not sure if im getting BH.. i get a hard stomach lots, and i mean lots, but its never sore or anything. Just enough that i prode my belly and think " oh its went hard again"

???

Well i quite clearly remember the PAIN of labour... and am dreading this!!
Def gonna ask for an epi - but i think to be honest i will be c sectioned as i dont think she has turned at all.

not sure if im getting BH.. i get a hard stomach lots, and i mean lots, but its never sore or anything. Just enough that i prode my belly and think " oh its went hard again"

???

Yes, those sound like BH! The ones I have been having usually make me concentrate my breathing somewhat, but with my earlier pregnancies I don't remember them being so forceful.

Oh yeah I remember the pain of labour - not good! But you get a little baby at the end of it and it is true that you do forget!

I am up at 4 am too :dohh: DD woke up at 3.30 with a nightmare and I had such bad heartburn that I couldn't go back to sleep. So here I am....

Hospital today, am quite nervous as think if the baby hasn't moved they will do something this week, on the other hand if it has moved I have geared myself up for something happening this week and it won't which will be more than frustrating!

xx

OOOOH the first of our babies could be born THIS WEEK....

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->