• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread**

I think I'm at the "is she pregnant or just fat?" stage. If I'm wearing maternity clothes I look preg. If I'm not, I just look chubby. I can feel a bump with my hand, but it doesn't really show.

I'm being a little hormonal right now, but I'm irritated with my prima donna of a SIL. She's had a hard time with my brother's wife having twins because they are younger & get lots of attention that her littlest used to get. So when I got pg, I told DH, just watch, she's going to be pg again within 2 months.

So she offered me "her" maternity clothes. These are
-her clothes
-my clothes I loaned her for her last pregnancy that she never returned
-clothes from a couple of friends

Well she's loaned out all the clothes to other people in the past, including mine, and when I got the clothes a lot of my favorite things are gone. I was ok with that because with her stuff and her friend's stuff, I had more than I would have with just my own...until she announced a couple days ago that she's 6 weeks along, "already showing" and wants the clothes back. She knew she was pg before she loaned me the clothes and didn't say anything--now I'm scrambling to find clothes for cheap, since this is probably my last baby and I don't want to spend a ton of $$ on clothes I will wear for 6 months of my life. At least had she told me to begin with, I would have had a couple more weeks to shop around! Now I can barely fit in my regular clothes and I have to give most of this back to her.

And then my other SIL brought me some preggie pops for my sickness and SIL #1 and my mom insisted we split them with SIL #1 because she "needs" them too! I thought it was rude, why can't SIL #2 do something nice for me? And after I've been sick the last 11 weeks and searching for relief while SIL #1 is just barely starting to feel sick.

I was pregnant with my daughter at the same time she was with hers, and it was horrible how competitive and self centered she was the whole time. I do NOT want to do this again with her. SIL #2 and my brother were both irritated too and my brother said something about her "feeling obligated to steal your thunder."

Thanks for listening to me rant--why do IL's have to always be so inconvenient?

Sorry Sophist, sounds like you have a hellova SIL! Don't let her get to you too much....bloom, bloom, bloom!!! Go out and treat yourself to just one fab new outfit and wear with gusto!! Rise above her pettiness...it's not worth it, although I know how hard that is with these damn hormones! For the rest of the required clothes...well, I just went on ebay and got some serious bargains...just remove her from the equation so she has no outlet for spite.

Where are you from in the U.S? My DH is a New Yorker living over here.

xx

Hey - sounds like the SIL for hell.... luckily i get one with both my SIL!

As for the clothes... try looking about at sale items the now online/ Ive managed to get a few maternity sale items for about £5 each!!

Thanks girls. She just irritates me to no end! Well, following your & Dh's advice, I'm doing just that--I have ordered 9 outfits off the radio want ads (like a local ebay, but set prices, no bidding). I'm giving all her stuff back to her and just going to move on.

Korrin-I'm in Utah.

Good for you....she sounds like a complete pain.

Utah....must be very beautiful there....it's so funny that we can share our baby experiences witrh people so far away!!!

Yes it is strange.....

Sophia is in Utah and we're both near Glasgow!!

Utah is gorgeous--if you ever get the chance to come here you must! And lots of outdoorsy things to do and explore as well.

Has anyone heard from Alina? She hasn't posted to this thread for several days. I hope all is well with her and her LO.

Hey girls! I'm here, just away for a few days in the middle of nowhere where I didn't even have mobile signal! very strange for an iphone addict! the bed and breakfast where we are now has wifi though :)

all good here, thanks for thinking of me! will catch up properly when I'm back later this week, hope everyone is doing good! p.s. The lucky thread - i love it! xx

Glad to see you Alina! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

So...I did a Hello Baby gender test on Friday, and I got a boy result. Well, I'm supposed to leave it on the counter for a week and see if it changes--it's still saying the same. So it looks like unless it changes in the next 24 hours, that I'm predicted a little BOY!

And, tomorrow I will be 15 weeks! Huge milestone for me, because my last loss was at 15 weeks. My belly is growing much better this time around, so I'm feeling mostly confident, but also just a little nervous because Dh is out of town. Once tomorrow is over I will be feeling more relieved and maybe ready to start SHOPPING for baby!

How are you ladies doing?

Congratulations on your prediction Sophia...great news. My belly is growing better and very differently this time too.

I had a very "challenging" day at school....it was 89/29 degrees in my classroom, the kids were playing up and I was trying to fit in management jobs concurrently with teaching....not good for the stress levels. The kids who stepped out of line really wish they hadn't!!! Today is the first time I have ever put children to stand in the corridor....there was no other way other than blowing a gasket!!! These damn hormones make everything twice as difficult!

TFI Friday manana!!!

HI

Glad we are all doing well. Think we are all getting ourselves nice little bumps.

I slowly starting to tell people that im preg. I kinda drop it into the convo " yeh, yeh, oh did i tell you im 3mnths preg?" feels better than publicly announcing it ( say on facebook) and then jinxing myself.

I have decided to wait till my 20wk scn before i buy my pram, cot etc.. again airing on the side of caution.
I use my doppler most days and that is the BEST reassurance ever!

Take care
Kathleen X

I am having a worry evening, so just ordered a doppler for myself too....hope it comes soon!! Enjoy the sun Kathleen...we don't see this lovely weather too often!!

double yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this really is gonna be a lucky thread.............i can feel it

XX

So today has been a lucky day. My SIL came to pick up her maternity clothes, and then a friend invited my kids over for a playdate and when I dropped them off she gave me a bag of hers to use! She had her baby a few months ago, so its mostly summer...but it gives me something to wear while its still hot out at least! Yeah!

What is everyone up to?

I just got my doppler in the post this morning.....took me ages to find the baby's heartbeat and I was beginning to inwardly panic, although not letting on to DH....then all of sudden, there it was! Like galloping horses, just as they say!! Brilliant. So much peace of mind. So happy that I had to go back for another little snooze!

Have a lovely day ladies xx

Good stuff Karen... is your Hb still very low down ( almost at your pubic bone)?

I officially 14weeks today!

I just got my doppler in the post this morning.....took me ages to find the baby's heartbeat and I was beginning to inwardly panic, although not letting on to DH....then all of sudden, there it was! Like galloping horses, just as they say!! Brilliant. So much peace of mind. So happy that I had to go back for another little snooze!

Have a lovely day ladies xx

Awesome!!

Good stuff Karen... is your Hb still very low down ( almost at your pubic bone)?

I officially 14weeks today!

Yay on making 14 weeks!

I had such a hard night last night. DH was on his way home from a work trip and texted me at 10:30 saying his battery was dead. At midnight he texted saying jump start wasn't working, and the stores were closed so no place to buy a battery. Since he has a bad ankle, he didn't want to walk carrying all his stuff to a hotel, so he slept in the truck until this morning when he had to carry the battery 30 minute walk to have it tested, buy a battery and walk back to the truck! He's finally on the road this morning, thank goodness, but I was worrying about him all night so I'm totally beat today and I may go back to bed once he's home safe.

Kathleen, brilliant on reaching your landmark!!! We are all doing so well this time...it's great! Yes, the Hb was quite low down on my right side. Sophia, that is rotton luck. Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->