• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread**

Oh Korr i really wish you the best of luck on Thurs...

My friend at work had her baby at 42, and Kyle was born 100% healthy - so try not to worry

Well im back...... scan was brilliant.!!!
baby doing great, and my date is 5/3/11.........

Now can i give a sigh of relief?

definitely! sighs of relief all round it think! xx

Oh Korr i really wish you the best of luck on Thurs...

My friend at work had her baby at 42, and Kyle was born 100% healthy - so try not to worry

Thanks Kafs...I am not too worried....wierd!!!..just going on the docs advice to try and avoid the amnio if possible because of the risk of miscarriage. I am hoping I will get good results so that I can kinda forget about it if you know what I mean. Will keep you posted x

Hi all!

Back from the MW...

She went over my labs with me and everything looks great. My iron counts are off the charts good, which is really great for my home birth plans. No ketones in my urine, I've only gained 1 lb, and baby's HB is 154.

We saw baby but s/he wasn't showing a nub. It looked like s/he was waving!! Very cute!

Great news Sophist! All good!! You get such different tests from us...and I haven't even been weighed at all by a mw/doctor. I think I have put on about 4 pounds, but it's mostly boobs I think!!

Great news Sophist! All good!! You get such different tests from us...and I haven't even been weighed at all by a mw/doctor. I think I have put on about 4 pounds, but it's mostly boobs I think!!

What blood work/urine tests are they doing for you at this point?

She has me weigh myself on the scale in her office and just report the weights to her.

In past pregnancies when I've been seen by an OB they never explain test results, other than things like "You have a UTI" or "everything is fine." My MW's have always explained everything in detail.

What blood work/urine tests are they doing for you at this point?

She has me weigh myself on the scale in her office and just report the weights to her.

In past pregnancies when I've been seen by an OB they never explain test results, other than things like "You have a UTI" or "everything is fine." My MW's have always explained everything in detail.
I have had scans at 6,8 and 10 weeks, and bloods and urine at 12 weeks...that's it really....no levels done, no weighing...this is National Health Service, which has been a pretty good service I have to say!

Today I went for a private nuchal scan and the nurse did weigh me (although I wish she hadn't!). She took blood to test for downs, then during the scan the doctor measured the nuchal fold at the back of the neck, which was perfectly normal (1.4mm) and checked for a nasal bone. I heard the heartbeat and the blood passing through the cord which was quite something!

Anyway, he was very happy with what he saw and said that the bloods were very unlikely to throw up anthing untoward, so that's that...no amnio required thank god.

Hooray.

This is a lucky thread I think!!!:flower:

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks guys!!! I am finally allowing myself to be very happy and excited!!!xx

How is everyone feeling/doing? Do we still have a lucky thread? Check in please!!

Hi Sophist how are you? this is still a lucky thread I hope! I have got sooooo sick lately. think it serves me right for stressing about the lack of symptoms I had, now I have too much sickness! I have to eat every hour or so to stave it off so am going to be one fat mamma!

oooh and I have a little bump now too :) Ordered a doppler online so hoping it comes tomorrow, be nice to just have that reassurance that all is ok.

How is everyone else? xx

Hi Sophist how are you? this is still a lucky thread I hope! I have got sooooo sick lately. think it serves me right for stressing about the lack of symptoms I had, now I have too much sickness! I have to eat every hour or so to stave it off so am going to be one fat mamma!

oooh and I have a little bump now too :) Ordered a doppler online so hoping it comes tomorrow, be nice to just have that reassurance that all is ok.

How is everyone else? xx

oooh i forgot, 14 weeks tomo, 2nd tri wow! xx

Sorry to hear about the sickness! I know what you mean about having to eat constantly!! I'm the same way, only my mw told me on Tuesday I'm supposed to start gaining 1 lb a week, and I haven't gained an ounce since then.

Which doppler did you get?

I have a tiny little bump too--I'm so thrilled!

sickness not too bad today phew as I've got looooads of work on! I got the hi bebe one, just off ebay, but still not here today :-(

Girls would you say a prayer for me? I'm cramping...not hard, but its been pretty constant all night. No bleeding, so they are telling me its nothing to worry about, but I'm worrying anyway. Help me keep this thread a lucky one!

no bleeding is a really really good sign. praying for you sweetie, rest up and hopefully it will ease off xx might just be stretching xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->