• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**The Lucky Thread**

Thank you! He did get home yesterday around 11 am. Then we went to the football game at our alma mater and were out late, but I did get to sleep in this morning and it was lovely!

Hi girls I'm back! Feeling quite tired after our little break as we crammed so much in but was nice to have a rest from household chores etc!

Glad everyone is doing well! I have hosp appt tomo to have my downs blood test done and to meet anaesthetist so discuss the birth. I have my spine fused so can't have an epidural and with my dd I nearly had to have a c section. Think they will say I'll have to have a general if I need a c section. Seems early to be discussing the birth doesn't it?! I also have midwife on thurs i'm hoping she will use a Doppler, I've been using mine and it's been there but I'll just be happier when she finds it! Crazy I know!

Wow, keep us updated on what the anesthesiologist says! What will your options for pain relief in labor be, or are you planning to labor naturally?

For the record im NO - no way hosy!

DEF going to ask ( or rather DEMAND) and epidural..
Why make it any harder right?

kathleen i'm with you there! With my daughter she was the wrong way round - not breech but back to front and she didn't turn, I had two shots of pethadine, gas and air, morphine and then a spinal block. they did the spinal block in theatre in prep for the c section but luckily by then i had dilated enough for a ventouse delivery. however, they did say that because of where my spine is fused they didn't think it would be good enough to work for a c-section. that's what i remember anyway (i was pretty out of it!) I guess they have been reviewing my notes and I will know more tomo. i think my options will be the same as last time, pethadine, gas and air, spinal block even hopefully as long as i don't need a c-section. i'll be taking it all, except the morphine, that was a waste of time.

i'm quite nervous now, spesh as the genius hubby forgot the appointment and is travelling to Lincoln for work tomo so can't come. car parking is a real nightmare at the hosp too so that will only add to the stress!

hey, crazy day! spent like 3 hours at the hospital it was ridiculous! was weighed, had my downs blood done, and then saw the consultant who it turns out was not an anaesthetist so she was not much use! she has referred me to an anaesthetist at the bigger hospital but that won't be until later on - 5th jan. she said they will work out a plan and hopefully i can give birth in the midwife unit and be transferred if something went wrong (like last time). so i'm still in the dark about what happens if I need a c-section!

oh well, at least i can put off thinking about the birth for a bit! got my 16w visit to the midwife on thurs - can't believe i got to this stage really!

how is everyone else doing? xx

hey, crazy day! spent like 3 hours at the hospital it was ridiculous! was weighed, had my downs blood done, and then saw the consultant who it turns out was not an anaesthetist so she was not much use! she has referred me to an anaesthetist at the bigger hospital but that won't be until later on - 5th jan. she said they will work out a plan and hopefully i can give birth in the midwife unit and be transferred if something went wrong (like last time). so i'm still in the dark about what happens if I need a c-section!

oh well, at least i can put off thinking about the birth for a bit! got my 16w visit to the midwife on thurs - can't believe i got to this stage really!

how is everyone else doing? xx

Well, nice to not worry about it for now, but man that's a long time to be at the hospital!

This morning I was sick and tossing cookies, but now I feel better than I have this whole pregnancy! I cleaned out some drawers and then I cut out the blocks for the quilt I'm making for my 9 year old son's room. I think its going to be so cute...hope to get the top finished this week if I'm still feeling good.

great news you're feeling better now! I'm makng a quilt for my daughter's room too (although I cut out the squares weeks ago and have done nothing else!). is this nesting?!

great news you're feeling better now! I'm makng a quilt for my daughter's room too (although I cut out the squares weeks ago and have done nothing else!). is this nesting?!

Thanks! I woke up sick again, but it was short lived and I hope it stays away today. I was wondering the same thing about nesting! I have so many things I want to do on my house before baby gets here because I know I won't have time then! How old is your daughter? We will have to cheer each other on to get our quilt tops stitched together.

ha ha I have a list of things to do to the house, am determined to do it all before the baby gets here! my daughter was three in march so will be 4 just after the baby is born. I will need all the encouragement I can with the quilt!

after my crazy day yesterday with the hospital and working my hubby feels sad for me today and is making dinner and told me to rest! making the most of it, not often he says that! and i bought a tub of tesco finest toffee ice cream as i've been craving it for about a week, going to pig out tonight!

hmmm, u ladies are too domesticated for me... i couldnt make a quilt, wouldnt even know where to start!!

Lovin the Tesci ince cream though... might pig out at the weekend ( as usual!)

Go for it, it will make me feel better, I had two big bowls lol! Good job it's on special offer! Midwife went well today, she said my blood results were good! She won't use the Doppler until 25 weeks but at least I have the Doppler at home and I'm pretty sure I can feel little movements too now! Roll on the weekend, I'm shattered!

I'm looking forward to the weekend too. DH will be home tonight, and I'm so glad. Sick all day yesterday and it looks like today will be another day of it. And I'm starving, but not thrilled about eating in case it comes back up.

I'd really like to nap all day and hire someone to come clean my house.

Hi ladies....I too am absolutely shattered! Soooooo glad it is Friday tomorrow.

Finally had my risk assessment meeting at school today which was a horrible experience, as there is a bully culture there which I have experienced and continue to experience and I wanted harrassment to be addressed in my risk assessment. I felt so intimidated but stood my ground with the help of a colleague that I asked to attend with me. Funnily enough, management wanted it removed, and stopped taking minutes of the meeting as soon as this conversation started. They were not pleased.

This is precisely when I miss a big glass of wine!!!

Pregnancy wise, all good. Was at the hosp yesterday for spina bifida test and checks...don't get the results for a few weeks but not worrying at all. I can definately feel movement and the doppler is brill!

Sophist, I really feel for you and the sickness....I can't believe it is still going on. I hope you get some relief soon.

Have a good weekend ladies!! xx

Hi ladies....I too am absolutely shattered! Soooooo glad it is Friday tomorrow.

Finally had my risk assessment meeting at school today which was a horrible experience, as there is a bully culture there which I have experienced and continue to experience and I wanted harrassment to be addressed in my risk assessment. I felt so intimidated but stood my ground with the help of a colleague that I asked to attend with me. Funnily enough, management wanted it removed, and stopped taking minutes of the meeting as soon as this conversation started. They were not pleased.

This is precisely when I miss a big glass of wine!!!

Pregnancy wise, all good. Was at the hosp yesterday for spina bifida test and checks...don't get the results for a few weeks but not worrying at all. I can definately feel movement and the doppler is brill!

Sophist, I really feel for you and the sickness....I can't believe it is still going on. I hope you get some relief soon.

Have a good weekend ladies!! xx

Sorry for the work stress. :(

Thankfully I'm not sick all day every day, usually just throw up first thing in the morning and then I'm fine. I'm only sick all day maybe one in 3? But it is getting old! I was sick a long time with my daughter and I'm hoping I'm not with this baby too!

But I'm feeling movements almost every time I sit or lay still! I love that!

Hi everyone

I had my MW yest and she found the HB as soon as the probe was put on my stomach - a have been using my doppler at home - but its always good for the MW to confirm it.
Go to my MW again on Mon for my Spin Bif test....also not too worried about it.

Yest and today i have been feeling very UNPREGNANT... my tummy feels much flatter - its weird....

I have very wet CM (yuk) and my boobs are not sore at all.

How are your symptoms?

OH AND I REACHED 15WEEKS!!

Hi everyone

I had my MW yest and she found the HB as soon as the probe was put on my stomach - a have been using my doppler at home - but its always good for the MW to confirm it.
Go to my MW again on Mon for my Spin Bif test....also not too worried about it.

Yest and today i have been feeling very UNPREGNANT... my tummy feels much flatter - its weird....

I have very wet CM (yuk) and my boobs are not sore at all.

How are your symptoms?

OH AND I REACHED 15WEEKS!!

WAY TO GO on reaching 15 weeks! I have days where my tum is flatter, I think its when the baby is in the back or something.

My symptoms--I swear all I do is complain on here to you ladies. I'm vomiting every day, yesterday like 6 times, and the night before last I was vomiting blood. I'm not losing weight (gaining, but slowly) so its not a huge concern and they won't do anything for it other than encourage me to take doxylimine as needed and make sure I stay hydrated & get enough calories to stay down. She will prescribe Zofran if I want it, but I'm not sure if I do. I go in again on Wednesday, so we will see if things are still looking OK then.

How high are your bumps ladies? Mine seems to have popped, I can feel the top of my uterus right under my belly button most of the time. I'll have to take a picture of it.

I still just look fat i think, as people who i tell act surprised as if im not showing at all. Right now i feel like i usually look, just a podgy belly.....maybe i will wake up 2morrow and actually look like im almost 4 months gone.

We should def do the pictures.......add them onto the lucky thread on a monthly basis

15 weeks Kathleen...fab!! I am "chunking up"....I look like that "half a stone over Christmas" kinda way, with a fat belly. I definately want the proper bump now as I just think everyone mus think i am fat. Like yoU, Sophia, I can feel my bump just under my belly button, and the baby is moving up a bit as the heartbeat is higher on the doppler.

I had terrible cramps from Thur to Sat but they seem to have gone now and I just have a slight pain in my back....must all be stretching in there. DH keeps inviting people round to the house and I so can't be bothered with it! Not a happy bunny with that!!!

Sophia, when is that sickness going to end? I can't imagine what it must be like...I would have been bed bound...not good witrh sick at all.

However, so delighted that everyone's pregnancy is doing so well....we are all racing towards the finishing line, he he. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->