**The Lucky Thread**

Sophia boo to sickness! You've had it bad haven't you. I feel nauseus still but have stopped being sick so can't complain too much. Absolutely shattered, had a really busy weekend and think it was too much for me, was in bed for 8.30 last night at 8.15 came up tonight! Busy week ahead too as kitchen is being updated and builder will be here all week and it is my dd's first week of school, sob!

Out of curiousity what are the spina bifida tests? Here we are offered the triple downs test but not nt scan and I've not been told about a spina bifida test. X

Hey - its a blood test where they check for downs and Spina.. They check again at your 20wk scan..

I seemed to have took a wee jump in the "swollen belly" situ. My jeans which fitted perf last week, are now tight when i sit down. Dont think i will get much longer out of them...

Still dont feel big enough for mat trousers/jeans tho.

Are you guys in a bigger size or Mat wear?

Well my mw emailed to confirm our appointment and she has it down for tomorrow and I had it down for Wednesday! It means my day will be crazy busy, but it will be nice to check on things!

I haven't been offered a spina bifida test either, unless its called something different. I was offered a triple screen and an amnio, but we declined both.

Hey - its a blood test where they check for downs and Spina.. They check again at your 20wk scan..

I seemed to have took a wee jump in the "swollen belly" situ. My jeans which fitted perf last week, are now tight when i sit down. Dont think i will get much longer out of them...

Still dont feel big enough for mat trousers/jeans tho.

Are you guys in a bigger size or Mat wear?

I can't wear my regular jeans, but maternity jeans fall down because I have no butt to hold them up. The whole situation is so annoying!

I was wearing normal jeans on Sunday but had to remove them in the afternoon!! Dresses for work are up a dress size but still quite roomy. Baby has moved up...I can hear the HB just under belly button to the right, and my tummy looks so big to me. Still just look fat I think!!!

Oh man...the pregnancy psycho hormones kicked in for me today big time! One woman in particular really set me off today with a condescending email, and I responded to her pretty bluntly. Now I'm wondering if I should have. (Open mouth-insert foot?) But then again she's been irritating me for ages and I finally put my foot down.

Anyone else having a hard time keeping their mouth shut lately?

Yes, me!!! Big style. All true though!!! I actually overheard the secretary at school today call me a cheeky bitch, he,he. She hasn't heard the half of it!!!
I am standing up for myself, big time, in things I would normally just let go for a quiet life. I can't help it and am actually beginning to get used to people being in the huff with me!! Hell mend them...they had it coming!!:haha:
Maybe it is natures way of making the mother a natural defender or something???

On a completely different note, who is going to find out the gender? I am agonising over this....really can't make up my mind!! DH will just go along with what I decide so he is no help with the decision!!! xx

im ok with the "SAYING WHAT YOU THINK" THING - but I have been quite weepy at cetain TV programmes.... ie Jeremy Kyle!

Whats that all about?

Yes, me!!! Big style. All true though!!! I actually overheard the secretary at school today call me a cheeky bitch, he,he. She hasn't heard the half of it!!!
I am standing up for myself, big time, in things I would normally just let go for a quiet life. I can't help it and am actually beginning to get used to people being in the huff with me!! Hell mend them...they had it coming!!:haha:
Maybe it is natures way of making the mother a natural defender or something???

On a completely different note, who is going to find out the gender? I am agonising over this....really can't make up my mind!! DH will just go along with what I decide so he is no help with the decision!!! xx

At least its not just me! LOL. The woman I'm in a tiff with sent me another email, again just making excuses, whining, not being willing to take responsibility for things she causes. Grrr.

I tried to find out the gender today at my appointment. Baby had the cord between his/her legs though so we couldn't tell. We will try again at 21 weeks when I go in again, unless I get too antsy and go for a private scan before then. I really do want to start shopping!

im ok with the "SAYING WHAT YOU THINK" THING - but I have been quite weepy at cetain TV programmes.... ie Jeremy Kyle!

Whats that all about?

Who is Jeremy Kyle?

I found myself crying over a dumb kids movie, and I can't watch the news because it really upsets me.

hmm, how to explain Jeremy Kyle?! A bit like Jerry Springer?! But less fights and more DNA tests! i'm in maternity trousers already, the under the bump ones. and everyone keeps telling me I look small for my dates. everyone said the same when I was pg with dd and it drove me mad, and she was born 7,7 so a perfect weight grr!

DD started nursery school this week. she was ok on the first day but today she cried and clung to me when she went in. feel so bad :-(

I'm team yellow. DH won't let me find out :-( can't wait for my next scan, 3 weeks to go still!

Hi all!! Hope you are doing well.....I am fine but had another horrible night last night. Woke up cramping then it moved to my back...not as bad as last week but weird all the same. I know it's all fine (thankyou doppler) but it is still horrible at the time. Anyone else get this or did get it with their 1st baby? K xx

ps....17 weeks...yeah!!! Roll on 20!!

hmm, how to explain Jeremy Kyle?! A bit like Jerry Springer?! But less fights and more DNA tests! i'm in maternity trousers already, the under the bump ones. and everyone keeps telling me I look small for my dates. everyone said the same when I was pg with dd and it drove me mad, and she was born 7,7 so a perfect weight grr!

DD started nursery school this week. she was ok on the first day but today she cried and clung to me when she went in. feel so bad :-(

I'm team yellow. DH won't let me find out :-( can't wait for my next scan, 3 weeks to go still!

Re: Jeremy Kyle...we used to have a daytime talk show called Maury, that was almost all paternity tests etc. Once I found my DH crying while watching it! Hee hee...don't tell him I told.

Did you find out with your daughter? I think I would go crazy not finding out--I want to get off Team Yellow asap!! I'm not sure I can wait 4 weeks until my next appointment when I see my baby again.

Hi all!! Hope you are doing well.....I am fine but had another horrible night last night. Woke up cramping then it moved to my back...not as bad as last week but weird all the same. I know it's all fine (thankyou doppler) but it is still horrible at the time. Anyone else get this or did get it with their 1st baby? K xx

ps....17 weeks...yeah!!! Roll on 20!!

I'm having braxton hicks and lots of bad round ligament pains. Nothing bad enough to wake me up at night though.

I dreamed last night I had twins, a boy and a girl. They were soooo cute. Funny though, because Tuesday at my scan I made my mw check thoroughly to make sure there's just one in there!

well im DEF going to find out what sex it is. would love another little girl, but sodz law itl be a boy!

im offically 16wks 2morrow, so another week down........!

well im DEF going to find out what sex it is. would love another little girl, but sodz law itl be a boy!

im offically 16wks 2morrow, so another week down........!

Yeah! That's awesome. I hit my 17 weeks today and its so nice, every week that goes by is a relief! Also my bump is really getting out there--a friend touched it today and said it was cute! I thought it would bug me, but from her I didn't mind at all.

Oh no I'm going to be the only one who doesn't know! We did want to find out with eve but she had her legs clamped shut so they couldn't tell!

With dd I had bad cramps all the time, not so much this time but I've been having sharper pains and backache. Hopefully it's all just growing, can't be all bad if we're all feeling the same!

How's everyone doing? I was so sick yesterday, but woke up feeling great today! So now I'm plugging through trying to get everything done around here that never gets done b/c of the sick!

I still haven't sewed together the blocks for my son's quilt. If I keep feeling good, this week is going to be the week. What's new for you ladies?

well im plodding along.. and the weeks are passing by just nicely.

I was reading my preg notes and saw "anterior placenta". Ddnt even know i had this.. and it appears i wont feel the baby moving till much later on as the placenta is sheilding the babys movements and my tummy

Hi Kathleen, glad everything is going well. I am just eating too much and getting a big old tummy! My placenta is on the left....according to Ramzi's method, means a 97% chance of having a girl.....we will see!!!

Here is the website I was reading this on, if anyone is interested.

K xx

https://www.obgyn.net/ultrasound/ultrasound.asp?page=/fm/articles/fetal_gender_placental_location

Hi Kathleen, glad everything is going well. I am just eating too much and getting a big old tummy! My placenta is on the left....according to Ramzi's method, means a 97% chance of having a girl.....we will see!!!

K xx

https://www.obgyn.net/ultrasound/ultrasound.asp?page=/fm/articles/fetal_gender_placental_location

ooh that's quite interesting. we'll see if it's true when you find out! What does an anterior placenta mean for gender then? Can't remember what I had with dd, I guess I'll know this time where the placenta is on the 20w scan. Less than 2 weeks to go...it is really dragging!

glad we're all feeling ok girls. All is well here, my daughter is getting into the routine of school every morning but she is not too happy about it! She still goes to nursery 3 times a week in the afternoons as well while I work so she is getting a bit tired so this afternoon we are going to have a dvd and malteasers session under blankets on the sofa! I have started to sew the quilt together, the kitchen has been refitted and I feel like I am slowly getting things done!

xx

K xx

Very interesting!!

At my first scan they told me my placenta was in front. But I've been feeling the baby move since 13-14 wks, so I'm not sure if it still is. They didn't say last time I was in. Do you think its right for you?

ooh that's quite interesting. we'll see if it's true when you find out! What does an anterior placenta mean for gender then? Can't remember what I had with dd, I guess I'll know this time where the placenta is on the 20w scan. Less than 2 weeks to go...it is really dragging!

glad we're all feeling ok girls. All is well here, my daughter is getting into the routine of school every morning but she is not too happy about it! She still goes to nursery 3 times a week in the afternoons as well while I work so she is getting a bit tired so this afternoon we are going to have a dvd and malteasers session under blankets on the sofa! I have started to sew the quilt together, the kitchen has been refitted and I feel like I am slowly getting things done!

xx

I'm so looking forward to hitting 20 weeks too! I don't have another appt until 21 weeks, but it just feels like such a big milestone to be halfway there.

A movie night sounds like fun. I may have to do that with my kiddos tonight--Dh is coming into town late and its been a long week for all of us. Still no quilt sewing for me yet. I've been really sleepy in the afternoons while the kids are at school so I've been doing more napping than crafting.

I tried to take some bump pictures but I hated them. When DH gets home I'll see if he can take a better one of me. Looking forward to seeing your cute little baby bumps girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->