The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Try this for fun ladies it's about biorhythms it's meant to predict gender
:)

https://www.cycletourist.com/biochart/

The blue line is the physical line, red is emotional, and green is intellectual. Ignore the green line.

If the blue line is in the positive zone and red line is in the negative zone, then you have a strong chance of conceiving a boy.

If the both blue and red are in the positive zone, then you lean towards having a boy.

If the red line is in the positive zone and blue line is in the negative zone, then you have a strong chance of conceiving a girl.

If the both the red and blue are in the negative zone, then you lean towards having a girl.

Same here , like confuzion it's early days for me too - got my booking - in appointment this week, so I have a long wait ahead of me.
That's great news nickyb that baby is well & also nice that you get to see baby again soon.And the gender obsessing? I get you -however many times I tell myself I'm gona chill out and be ok with either gender ,I find myself fretting about it:shrug:

Thanks shayzee what are u hoping for?

I'm still struggling if I'm perfectly honest. Most of the time I'm okay, but then it'll hit me like a ton of bricks again. DH flits between trying to be supportive, and telling me to get over it, he doesn't really understand why I'm upset at all. At least I'm starting to accept it a little more now, I'm still refusing to buy anything, but I am preparing myself to have the baby confirmed a boy at my 20 week scan, whereas before I was half convincing myself they'd tell me girl next time, I know realistically that's not very likely to happen.

I'm still struggling if I'm perfectly honest. Most of the time I'm okay, but then it'll hit me like a ton of bricks again. DH flits between trying to be supportive, and telling me to get over it, he doesn't really understand why I'm upset at all. At least I'm starting to accept it a little more now, I'm still refusing to buy anything, but I am preparing myself to have the baby confirmed a boy at my 20 week scan, whereas before I was half convincing myself they'd tell me girl next time, I know realistically that's not very likely to happen.

I understand how u feel Katherine, it feels like other people always get the gender they want,I'm telling myself this one is a boy and every time I catch myself daydreaming about pink I slap myself !
The pic of ur boy on ur avatar is so cute he's adorable :)

Thank you :) I really does feel that way. I can get quite bitter about it sometimes, every time someone says, 'It's a girl, just what I wanted!', I think, 'why can't I get what I want? Everyone else manages to'.

As long as baby is healthy, I know I'll come round to being a boy mom, but I am only just over a week past finding out, so I suppose it's natural to not be used to the idea yet.

That's the thing once there here u wouldn't swap them them for a 100 girls but it does affect the rest of the pregnancy I sobbed and sobbed when I found out my last was another boy, but now he is my dream and everything to me :)
But here Iam again and this really is my last OH is getting the snip and I know it's gonna hit me big :nope:

I can understand how you feel, although I did find shopping helped, as did sorting through the bigger boys old clothes to see what I could reuse.
You know there was a time, after GD with DS4, that I thought "you know what? I can do this. I'm happy with my boys, and if I just accept it now and move on it will be easier" but I couldn't give up with out one last try. That's why I wanted to sway, but I kept swinging back and forth thinking it would make it worse when I had a boy and I wasn't cut out for swaying. I've decided I am swaying and made a start. I just need to know, when I do get boy number 5, that I at least tried and this is how it's supposed to be and I did all I could.
Sometimes I wish someone could just tell me "yes you will have a girl one day" or "no you won't" because if I knew for sure I could just get used to it, stop hoping and torturing myself, and get on with enjoying my next pregnancy.
I didn't enjoy so much of my last because I was hoping and the upset. I didn't even enjoy my 12 week scan as I was too busy looking for a hint of a nub.

I thought about the swaying but when I researched it on other sites like genderdreaming and ingender it just didn't sound plausible some women were so strict and yet still got the opposite result,
I used to believe Shettles but again to many people had the opposite result :wacko:
The only thing that had any kind of pattern for me was the Chinese gender it was 100% accurate so this time I ttc on a girl month but knowing my luck the first time it's wrong will be this time lol

Are u trying ttc now motherofboys or waiting?

I'm NTNP/ttc now, supposed to be NTNP but am temping and such to check if I'm even ovulating yet, so I guess that means I'm ttc lol Chinese predictor was 50/50 for me. At the end of it all it's which sperm gets the egg first that is the deciding factor. There has to be people who get opposites because otherwise those in a certain environment would have only girls or only boys, and if it was a long time ago with tribes etc that tribe would quickly die out. It's more like tipping the scales in favour of one gender over the other. I just want to be able to say I did something different and tried to get a girl. Like a girl is winning the lottery, ttc is buying a ticket, but swaying is buying 5 tickets. Timing/shettles didn't make any difference to me either, not that I was trying it, but I was ttc and know when I Od etc so know I had girl timing.

Also apparently the super strict sways raise stress which raises testosterone which then sways boy so I'm trying to relax about it. I know I'll get a boy anyway so no pony making myself miserable with a really strict sway.

Like u said at least you'll be able to say u tried everything otherwise u might regret it,
I think my diet is naturally very boy apart from missing breakfast which may explain my 3 boys lol
Are u going to do a full on sway or certain bits?

I'm doing exercise, no breakfast or snacks and trying to lower fat, and meat and stuff. I'm not great at it so I've just started eating until I'm sufficiently full rather than fit to burst like I used to lol the exercise I just go for a hour long power walk 6-7 days week. When I first started I thought I was going to die, but now although I still feel out of breath and like I've worked out I'm not nearly as bad so think this has been good for me to get fit. I've also done a couple of old wives tales. That's it. I'm not timing dtd, I'm not taking supplements and going super strict on the diet. DH may take olive leaf extract but we can't abstain because at his age it decreases sperm quality too much. And frequent release just doesn't work out for us. When we were previously ttc we were dtd every day and never got preg so think that may have lowered his count too much. And the other supps are not really good at his age either. That's about it.
With my others I was eating, breakfast, snacks through the morning, lunch, snacks through the afternoon, dinner and then snacks in the evening. I am a grazer, and then pig out at dinner too. I'm surprised I'm not the size of a house with my eating pattern as well as no exercise. And my diet really was high everything.

I really hope it works for u, the less strict the easier it will be to stick to I guess, I'm hopeless I'm just a piggy and crave all the boy foods :dohh:

Me too, it's been SO hard to not just eat everything I want. What a lot of people do is if they really want something, rather than eating a sensible meal then ending up caving anyway is to just eat the thing they want in place of a meal, cos there isn't anything you absolutely must not eat, just lower amounts of everything. This is the first time in my life I've ever dieted. I doubt it will work but I've come round to the idea that whatever I do I'll have a boy, just don't want to get pregnant and think I wish I'd tried it. No regrets. And once I'm preg I'll be back to my old ways of munching through each day like The Very Hungry Caterpillar LMAO just hope I'm pregnant sooner rather than later with all that temptation lol

And after being fine for ages I just had this pop up in my Facebook news feed.

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2c0e7d95.jpg

I want that so much. I wanted all boys, but hoped that if I got a mix I'd have boys first to look after their little sister.

I find things like that difficult too. And those quote things that say how a daughter will always be your best friend, my personal favourite is the one that says a son is a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is your daughter for life. I feel a bit like it's salt in the wounds, l feel a little like great, not only do I not have a daughter, but my sons won't care for me as soon as they marry either, wonderful!

I personally think the last one is a load bull. I hear it so much, but 90% of the older people I know it's the sons who care for them and regularly visit them. And I think it's the relationship you build with your child. I'm not close to my mum, both my brothers are. My sis in law goes out of her way to avoid her parents, but hubby and his brother see them at least once/twice a week.
But the 'best friend' thing still gets me. There are certain things you just can't do with your sons, but you can with daughters.

Yeah I think it depends on ur relationship with ur son my dad was so close to his mum ( my nan) right up till she passed, I plan to have a close relationship with my boys watch out all future girlfriends :haha:

But your right there are things that u just can't do with boys

Same here , like confuzion it's early days for me too - got my booking - in appointment this week, so I have a long wait ahead of me.
That's great news nickyb that baby is well & also nice that you get to see baby again soon.And the gender obsessing? I get you -however many times I tell myself I'm gona chill out and be ok with either gender ,I find myself fretting about it:shrug:

Thanks shayzee what are u hoping for?

I'm hoping for a ds this time .
I was hoping for a ds last time too but had dd instead .like motherofboys I wanted ds' s first so then they could look after their little sister.That would have been perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->