The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Oh my gosh can you imagine :shock:. It would be heartbreaking if they got it wrong and told someone they were getting their dream gender at last only for it not to be. That is a big factor in deciding to be team yellow for me- it doesn't happen often but I can just see me being one of the few who gets told the wrong gender!

I think it could possibly cause someone who didn't have GD to begin having GD feelings. Because you have had months of planning and preparing to meet your daughter and then been presented with a son. No matter how many children and what mix. I didn't think it would bother me if it was my second, but the more I think about it the more I think it would.

Yes i know it would me, not for the 1st child but 2nd onwards. Plus i would have gone overboard on pink things for sure which would all be useless!

So I don't want to find out, but DH does. Has anyone done that? Will he be able to keep a secret? We both want a girl, but he thinks he'd cope better knowing in advance, but I think the reverse.

I haven't done it. I don't think my dh could keep the secret. But I think some people do it successfully.

Also knowing that he knew would make me cave and ask him, he'd enjoy telling me "no you said you didn't want to know" until he had annoyed me enough then tell me lol I think it may be fun if it was your first and didn't matter but when it matters you would be able to see in his eyes if he was disappointed or not.

hmm, I think you're right about that. I know him too well and I think I'd be able to easily tell just by his mannerisms. Oh well, I guess I need to find out, lol.

I'm sure there are couples who do it and make it work. Another idea is that you could get the scan tech to write it down and out it in an envelop. Then if one of you really can't wait then you open it and if you can then yay. Maybe he'll go for that as a compromise?

Hi girls :hi:, hope you all get your dream genders. Hope I can join?

I am pregnant again after 3 miscarriages (8 weeks, 12 weeks, and a chemical), and so of course, boy or girl, I just want to be a mommy! But all my life I've dreamed of having a little boy first. So mostly hope this pregnancy works out, but definitely have some hopes it will be a boy. I feel awful about that.

My feeling is it will be a girl (because that's just how life is :haha:). My mom and all 3 of my sisters have had girls first too so doubt I will be breaking the pattern.

Hi.

My mum, her mum, her mums mum, and her mum before that, (so my mum, nan, great-gran and great-great-gran) all had a girl first. The GGran and GGGran both had girl boy girl girl girl girl girl!! My nan only had my mum and my mum had me then twin boys. My brother even has 1 daughter and no sons. I SMASHED the family pattern lol
Good luck, I always hoped for a boy first and got my wish x I'll add you to the front page.

Also just thought my Nan's brother had 1 daughter and no sons as well. So for all those generations I was the only one to have a boy first and more than 1 boy.

Welcome confuzion! Hope you get you blue bump h&h9 months!

I'm doing alright, impatiently waiting for my scan on Monday, and occasionally panicking about the small age gap between ds and new baby

I decided to buy half of the baby's room today. Me and my wife went to Mamas and Papas to buy a cute gender neutral outfit, and we found out that one of the bedroom lines was 50% off because it's being discontinued. It was so so cute, that impulsively we bought everything, from fitted sheets to curtains. It's gender neutral as well. It made me feel better. But now I'm pretty sure that I'll have a boy. Not only because on my 12 week scan I was told 70% certain it was a boy, but also because I know my life works like this. It will be a little ironic since in my family people always have girls first. But I'm getting to the point of knowing that everything will be fine either way.

Nothing happening here. Long way off for me. Still waiting to find out if this pregnancy is even viable lol. Come on July 15!

Hi I had a scan last week and saw the heartbeat am so relived I've gotta go back on 1st July every two weeks to scan to check baby is still alive, I swing from just hoping this sticks then obsessing that it's gonna be another boy!! :dohh:

Same here , like confuzion it's early days for me too - got my booking - in appointment this week, so I have a long wait ahead of me.
That's great news nickyb that baby is well & also nice that you get to see baby again soon.And the gender obsessing? I get you -however many times I tell myself I'm gona chill out and be ok with either gender ,I find myself fretting about it:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->