• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

We are staying team yellow so gender guesses are my best shot until birth

I agree, is too! No one has commented on my scan pic yet

It's a theory of predicting the sex based on the side the baby implants on in the uterus I believe?

Ok, we’ve decided that DH will find out the sex only if the sonographer is at least 90% sure of it. The midwife will tell him and he will do his absolute best to keep it from me! :D I really want to find out at birth because I think the oxytocin will help me bond and be fine with whatever outcome instead of risk being disappointed through half my pregnancy.

Has anyone else done this? Or has anyone waited to find out and experienced disappointment at birth?

I haven't, and was scared of disappointment at birth, but I was so miserable in my pregnancy and worried about bonding. Now I know I will bond with another boy, and that I could maybe enjoy the pregnancy more, I wont be finding out.

I didn't find out til birth with my second son. I had a preference for a girl but I wouldn't say I struggled with gender disappointment that pregnancy. This time I've found it a battle and I didn't expect that I would.

Hand on heart, I did not feel one ounce of disappointment when DS2 was born, and it's the same reason I'm staying team yellow this time. I can see why finding out helps people bond though, I've definitely gone back and forth arguing with whether I want to know.

I felt last time that knowing 'who' I was having, rather than just a girl or boy would help. I had depression after DS2 (not gender related) and didn't bond, so was scared that if I felt any disappointment at birth it may have sparked that again and I didn't want to risk it. It was my first experience of GD. But, like I say, now I know I will still bond I feel able to not find out. I want that experience.

Thank you, and it is great to know you didn't experience one ounce of disappointment at birth, pinkribbon. :) I'm resolved at not finding out now!

I still go back and forth sometimes to be honest……this is our absolute last baby and I'm scared even when the babes is born if it is a boy I will be crushed knowing I will never know the joys of having a daughter. I know he will be perfect in everyway but I wasn't ready for this pregnancy either. My baby is still a baby and I'm scared to death of having two under two. It will be be best financially and room wise for a boy, but I just want a daddies girl for my dh……and some days I'm fine with another boy, it just depends on the day. I feel/think as though I'm having another boy. It just gets to me sometimes

I had two under two.I won't sugar coat it.Its exhausting and hard.Older sister sometimes get jealous and all hell breaks loose.When one starts crying so does the other.But if it was really all that bad I wouldn't be having another with the same age gap.It has a lot of perks too

I just have no idea how im going to handle it there is 2yr 8 months between my first and second, 4yr 5 months between my second and third, then only 22 months between the third and forth!

I just have no idea how im going to handle it there is 2yr 8 months between my first and second, 4yr 5 months between my second and third, then only 22 months between the third and forth!

18 months between my two, 17 months between this baby and my youngest.You adjust.you might get a few gray hairs but its not horrible

There's 20 months between my first 2 and each time I have tried to achieve a similar gap but it's taken longer and longer to conceive. I hoping it doesn't again. I've got 20 months, 2 years 4 months and 3 years 7 months between my boys and I preferred the smaller gap when I was still in the world of babies and pushchairs etc and also (although it's probably personality) with the smaller gaps I found the boys adjusted much easier to a baby, when ds4 came along ds3 had a harder time adjusting. The older ones are do close now, they share much of the same interests, their ages mean they can do the same things rather than someone being left out and they even share a lot of the same friends, although have their individual friendship groups too. I worry that in a couple of years I'll have the big 3 all off doing something together and ds4 at home, moaning "big why can't I go?" And feeling left out. So if really like to be pregnant this year and get less than 2 years gap.

I feel exactly the same cc, this is my absolute last baby and while I know if it's a boy he will be perfect and loved beyond words, I'm afraid I will never move past never having a daughter.

There's 26 months between DS1 and DS2, and there'll be 25months ish between DS2 and LO. I know my gaps are a little bigger than yours but I think it's hard work in the beginning, you kind of feel like you're just surviving some days but once the youngest gets to about 1.5 it's so much easier. Mine didn't want much to do with each other at first and they're great friends now.

There is 5 years between mine... well tbh its more like 6. Huge gap although on the plus side my eldest is a huge help :) and is at school most of the time, but it still feels like he is an only child alot of the time l. When we visit parks etc he still has to play by himself :(

My two oldest boys do everything together, have all the same friends, and most days are each other's best friend. So I'm not sure the gap in age so much matters as they both adore the baby and will play with him a lot too.

Healthy baby. :) according to ramzie looks like another girl.Im kind of torn.

Attachments

• 0626141244.jpg
    0626141244.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2
Platinum mine looks exactly like your! Congrats on the healthy baby! Nicky I was looking into your biorhythm theory and I think I got it figured out. If I'm reading it right it said boys for all three of my boys, and this one should be a girl! I so hope it's right and I finally get a beautiful dd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->