The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

His eldest is 4 and a half, so there probably will come a time when she gets more into girly things. And although they made some jokes I know they did really want a boy and had convinced themselves they were getting a boy. And 2 is their limit.

How does your oh feel if it's another boy? Is he dead set on 3? Dh always said he wanted 3 I wanted 4, I don't like odd numbers lol! But decided 3 was probably best but he changed his mind and wanted 4. Now we have surprise #4 on the way! He says he doesn't care if he had 10 boys.

The eldest 2 aren't biologically his but he wanted a girl just as much as me so we're both a bit gutted. Would probably go for a 4th but we just couldn't afford it.

Maybe things would change in the future and a fourth May be possible? I hope you get your girl this time anyways. Fx for you!

Well I'm only 23 so I suppose we have time yet to change our circumstances etc but I'd be surprised.

for some reason I'm really pissed off at the sonographer for giving me that image. Tempted to bring it up at my next scan :haha:

But in a way it's a good thing cos it's made u think its a boy so now u can only be pleasantly surprised :)

I know it's a boy now, there's no doubt after everyone's responses... Just gotta learn to live with no daughters I suppose.

Your only young who knows how the situation will change in a few years ? You may go to have 1 or even 2 never say never :winkwink:

I didn't even think we'd have a 3rd one... OH has said he would have another one if I wanted to to make it even out to 4 but we'd need to buy a bigger house, a big car etc so we'd have to be financially better off.

Would rather stick with 3 than struggle with 4 if you know what I mean and I'd have to be ready for any outcome.

The thing I've had to ask myself when it's come to having more is "would I be ok if the next was a boy too?" It's not fair to have another, stretch things much further than you can afford to, just to get a girl. Sensibly there has to be a limit. The answer I've come back with is yes. Yes I'd be ok with another boy. We planned a 5th before we even knew we'd be in the position of 4 boys. Even if we had 2 girls and 2 boys, we planned a 5th (and a 6th but I'm not sure how likely that is financially now, we didn't plan for dh to have to change work due to injuries and illness)

We talked about 4 before we even got pregnant with this one but financially I know it's just not feasible. I'm not sure I'd want to. I'm ready to just enjoy what I've got at some point :haha:

I think because biologically the first 2 aren't OH's he's more open to another.

Hope you're feeling a little bit better pink, when is your next scan?

24th of this month, we've decided we are going to stay team yellow though.

These are the comments I'm constantly getting. I was so pissed off last night but I see the 'funny' side today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
Hugs, people make such stupid comments and don't even consider how you might be feeling or the feelings that their comments could provoke.

I've had more comments about getting a girl than I have congratulations, that's the sad thing.

I'm actually really coming round to a son though, the fact they're being like this over a girl makes me defensive over it being a boy because in my heart of hearts I know it is.

This is why I refused to announce my pregnancy until I already knew gender. I knew I'd have the 'this one must be a girl!' comments. It was bad enough off close family. There's a girl I know who's team yellow with her second, her first is a girl, and every comment I see about her pregnancy is how this one must be a boy, every scan pic she puts up people insist it's a boy, from the way she's carrying they insist it's a boy, I've seen people referring to her baby as 'he' even. I would have hated that when I had a preference anyway, it would have made it much worse for me.

I haven't told anyone but my mom, sisters, and 2 of my very close friends. They have said something about hoping for pink, I just tell them I'm pretty sure it's another boy, so don't get their hopes up. I'm not even picking out a girls name!

Sorry you're struggling pink. Hugs over comments, i only have 2 and people say oh i can see you with all boys.. Like a 5 aside football team. Grr makes me mad!

I'm not holding out much hope of a dd. I have 2brothers and 2 sisters and out of our kids between the 5 of us there are 11 boys and 2 girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->