The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I saw a girl on in-gender the other day and was told boy at her 14 week scan and everyone said boy on there and when she went to her 20 week scan it was a girl!!!!! Anything can happen you don't really know until 20 weeks or the baby is out, I'll try and find the link and post it

Thanks cc :hugs:

Can I just say you girls are brilliant. I don't feel at all judged here and far less alone.

I'm starting to think I can see a scrotum bump on my scan but then the other part of me thinks the penis is too far over to one side. I think I'm actually losing the plot :(

I posted on in gender and no one answered.Its a girl anyways lol..not like I really need guesses to figure it out.

I wish I could trade you platinum haha! We'd both be happy.

Pink it will all work out in the end regardless of the sex trust me xx

Gender scan today at 4pm. I hope the baby collaborates because on my last scan (12 week scan) it didn't collaborate at all and I couldn't have the downs screening. I know it's a boy. But I think I really need to hear it to convince myself. But I know it will be fine.

Good luck mafi hope your scan goes well let us know :)

Good luck today Mafi. No matter what the outcome we'll all be here to talk if you need to :) :flower:

Good luck! Whatever happens we will be here for you to talk and everything will be ok in the end

It's a boy, 99.9% sure (they told me). I know I'll be fine. Now I just feel weird. I don't feel like crying or anything. I just feel weird. Like this is not real. Or like I'm losing interest on the pregnancy. But I don't think I am. I'm confused.

Congrats on your beautiful boy, they truly are amazing! I know you'll be happy once you get to hold him in your arms!

Give yourself time to adjust and get used to the idea now that its been confirmed. Congratulations on your blue bump.

Congrats I'm sorry u didn't hear what u wanted but give yourself time and you'll fall completely in love :hugs:

First of all, congratulations Mafi.

For all I haven't had the gender of my bump confirmed as a boy, I'm almost certain it is and I've sort of ran through some of those feelings too. As time as gone on and the more I've thought about it the easier it's become :hugs:

Thank you all for your words. I know I should be excited. Everyone keeps telling me that I should be grateful everything is going so great with the pregnancy. I was told that this is an extremely healthy pregnancy, everything and every aspect of it seems optimal, and don't get me wrong I'm really glad that's the case. But, even though I have been convincing myself it was a boy all along (I was told 70% sure it was a boy on my 12 week scan), I couldn't be happy or excited at the moment I was told for sure. I wasn't expecting it, I really thought I had convinced myself already, but I hadn't.

I know it's just my first baby and that I can still have a girl, but in the meanwhile other issues came to surface. I'm married to a woman, and even though she doesn't want to get pregnant, she would like to have a baby related to her biologically. I told her I don't mind carrying it, and I really don't. But that would mean go through IVF, and the odds of twins are high. And if we have twins next time, that's it, we would be done having children and of course one of them (or both) could be a girl. But I started to feel something I had never thought about: if that was the case, I would never have a biological daughter. I don't know to which extent this makes a difference or not, mainly because I don't have kids yet, but I always wanted a little girl who looked like me a little bit. That got me thinking: why was it so important for me that I could see myself on my daughter? and the obvious came to mind. I had a pretty awful childhood with a terrible mother who never really liked me and always adored my brother. I honestly think she didn't like me because I was a girl. Today I don't have a relationship with her and that's for the best, but this had an enormous (negative) influence on my life, and I feel I never truly healed from everything that happened. I know I will love my little boy to bits, but I can't help wanting a biological daughter to be able to give her the childhood I never had and to witness how loving a child unconditionally changes her way of being in life (I'm pretty sure a lot of my issues have to do with me being insecure because of my childhood). Is this awful? Will the fact that my next child (if girl) will not have a biological relation to me make that much of a difference? I feel so guilty about all of this, but this is how I'm feeling right now and I can't deny it. I didn't tell this to anyone but my wife though. I think she didn't understand it completely, but she tried.

It's not something I gave experience with so I can't say 100% but I think the fact the child grew in your body will make a difference. Obviously you won't see yourself in them, but you may began as they get older to see your mannerisms and things they have learned from being with you. I guess a serious talk with your wife as your son grows, about whether he feels like 'hers' could give you an insight, as he isn't biologically hers.
I don't have a great relationship with my mum, and I remember my brothers ex telling me how desperate my mum was for my niece to be a boy. It always made me wonder about why that was when I was her first grandchild and she has mixed genders of her own.

I think there's so much more to a parent than the biological blueprint, if u carry the baby it will be your heart beat that baby hears the sound of your voice that soothes it, your bond would be amazing !
With the ivf there are no guarantees and it may not be twins it could be a singleton and even then who knows what our futures hold, you may decide to have even more.
Either way all your babies will be blessed to have two mothers..

I guess you girls are right. This is not something I can predict right now.

Motherofboys I thought about that, talking to my wife about how she feels towards our son (since there's no blood relation), but I don't think it will be the same because she really has no strong maternal instinct. She likes children and she is super excited, but she doesn't feel the need to get pregnant and she says it would be the same to her if the child was biologically hers, and she bluntly admits that the only reason she would like our next baby to be biologically hers is because she wants to pass on her genes. We are very different in this matter :wacko: but I think you are absolutely right, the most plausible thing to happen, if we do have another child born from me but from her egg, would be for me to see mannerisms and things they learned from me and to identify with them the same way.

Nickyb, you are completely right, anything can happen, I'm just over-thinking everything. And thanking for saying that last thing :) right now we live in the UK, but we are going back to my country in 2 weeks (Portugal) and people really aren't that open minded and I'm a little stressed about it. So it's very good to see people that think like you do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->