The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I don't want it to sound like I'm always putting the dampener on everything, and of course it is different for everyone, but I hate to think that I could give someone false hope. I know there are people out there who will guess girl on a scan just to give you hope, you see it in the preg test section, clearly negative tests but certain people ALWAYS comment saying "I see a little something, I think this could be it" and when it's gender guessing they look at a signature and see you have 2, or 3, or 4 boys and say "I think it's a girl" and then someone else will go "I don't even see a nub" there are people who like to bring others down so will guess boy just because they notice you already have boys, whether they see a boy nub or not.
Because of this I try so very hard to not say I think it is one way or the other unless I really do see something.
I say this because I know I've picked fault with the gender predictors, and now I'm going to tell you all how my first 3 pregnancies were almost identical. Mild nausea, but no actual sickness, and nausea passed by lunch time, headaches, nose bleeds, no sore boobs, all symptoms stopped at 12 weeks and I didn't feel that pregnant other than the growing bump. I didn't even get a single craving, just good aversions. With number 4 I had sore boobs, no headaches, no nose bleed, loads of nausea and threw up all day everyday until 18 weeks. And then I had tons of cravings, including craving things that I couldn't even stand the smell of when I was expecting the big boys. My pregnancy with number 4 could not have been more different. Same dad, same gender.

Pink that's fantastic you get to go for number 4, whatever this babies gender is. I think it's so much better along a decision now than when you know this babies gender, because that could effect how you feel.
Here's hoping each of us gets a girl in the end. I sometimes feel like I won't because I don't want it enough, like even though I've cried and stressed and had dips into depression over it I am still actually ok with the idea of another boy, and because if that I don't deserve and won't get a daughter.

Your looking at it the best way motherofboys u want but don't need and u seem ok with whatever life turns up, your not consumed by it and that's the best way to be, and in my experience it's usually when u can say hey what will be will be and can actually be ok with any outcome that the dream can come true
I hope we all get our girls but more importantly I hope we will all be ok with whatever gift were given, and I'm sure we will be :)

Well said, this time around I feel the same as you mother, what will be will be I will be ok with all boys

I agree with some of the ways people guess on the gender prediction forum, I've noticed that myself. People guessed boy on my scan on ingender and genderdreaming without me having any sig though so it must just really look like a boy!

I feel somewhat the same as you in that I won't get a girl because I haven't tried hard enough... I mean I've had my tears over it, had days when I can seem to snap out of the mood over it but I'm coming round to it being a boy and that being okay, so in my head maybe that seems like I don't want a girl? I don't know, the mind is such a funny thing.

Ultimately I pray that we all end up happy. I know the likelihood some of us will get the desired gender and some of us won't, it's all 50/50 really isn't it. I just hope that whatever gender we all end up with and whatever comes our way that we end up contented and happy <3 :hugs:

Sometimes I can almost see myself with 5 boys and everything being great. But silly little things can set me off. Like I've always wanted my babies close together and since having ds1 I have had severe pram envy over those side by side "bro & sis" prams. Man I want one of those so bad.
I hope we can all find peace and happiness in whatever life brings us.

Yay pink!!!

Motherofboys I feel the same about the pram thing would love a bro and sis one or even a bloody pink one!! OH is still undecided on a 6th the twat is just keeping me hanging I swear although I know it will be a boy xx

How is everyone doing?

I'm still hanging onto a tiny bit of hope that I could be having a girl, even though I know deep down it's a boy.

Pretty good here! I thought of you today pink, I was looking on in-gender and a lady was getting nub guesses and got girl guesses hands down, not even one boy vote, she was so excited that's what she was hoping for. She went to her 20 week scan and it was a BOY! Needless to say she is now crushed. My point is at least if it is a boy, you did t get false hopes of a girl.

Motherofboys tell me about it I'm well pissed off!! I was looking on eBay the other night and you can get ph test strips to see when your lady bits are at the best for conceiving girls or boys and a list of foods that will change it in favour of each one as girl sperm like acidic and boys like alkaline I have herd this before but didn't know you could get test strips lol they were 80 for £2.99

Cc that was what I got really loads of girl guesses on Harvey and I dared to dream but as I have as I have said before the events leading up to my gender scan made me not bothered if he was a boy or a girl I just wanted him to be ok!! so I wasn't really crushed when they said boy

Pink have you decided if your going to find out the sex or is it a definite no no xx

I really wish that I would have gotten to sway before getting pregnant :( had my u/s today and everything looks great measuring 11w4days but was hard to get measurements so dr said were going to leave due date as the 11th of feb

OH doesn't want to find out so I think we're staying team yellow. I'll still be trying to peek though.

The sad thing is if we found out girl I'd be bouncing up and down and so excited, if it's a boy I'd probably just be like oh okay.... That makes me feel awful :(

Don't feel awful its natural to feel like that but just think as long as its health everything is ok xx

Hiya had my cvs yesterday wasnt pleasent but glad it's over phew!

Glad ur scan went well yesterday cc did u look at the nub or get any pics?

glad the test is over now nicky.

cc hope all was well at your scan.

I agree its probably better to think you have very little chance of a girl and get a nice surprise than to have false hope and be crushed.

Geordie I've heard you could get them but had no idea they were available on ebay just like opks. Do you think you might try changing some things if he does finally make a decision and stick to it?

I've been so back and forth with the whole swaying thing. I've started then stopped then started. So I've decided a few smaller changes is the way to go for me. It will be easier to stick to while my cycle sorts itself out too I think.

I swayed with this pregnancy, and when I was told it was another boy I went into denial to be honest. I think part of the reason I was in denial is I swayed so was more confident I'd get what I wanted. I've genuinely come to the conclusion that swaying is a load of rubbish. I know some women swear by it, but for the 50% that it works for, there will always be 50% it doesn't, and those are the odds you go into it with anyway. A failed sway is hard to swallow, because you start thinking where you went wrong, rather than just accepting this is the way things are.

Thank you motherofboys :) I get the premlimary results on Thursday

Katherine what was your sway like was it a full sway? I didn't sway at all :(

I decided I'd rather sway and know that I at least tried to do something different even though I'm convinced it wont work, than to carry on doing pretty much everything that was 'boy friendly' and wonder 'what if'

I agree I'm the same way mother! I'd at least like to know I tried everything I could to help make a girl. My scan went well dr said everything looks great hb was 144, which is the lowest of all my kids!?! No nub shot or anything as I was only measuring 11w4days and won't have another scan until 20 weeks.

Might be best with no nub shot to obsess over.
So someone I know with 3 boys found out today she is having a girl. She didn't sway. They decided to have a baby, stopped the pill then bam pregnant.
Great news for her, but I want to cry. I know I will never get to make that announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->