The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Hi platinumvague.

Yesterday was not a great day for me, just felt generally down about everything, especially the fact that I can't see it ever being me who gets a girl. I feel a bit better today, although still no more positive on the girl side of things.

Hi platinumvague.

Yesterday was not a great day for me, just felt generally down about everything, especially the fact that I can't see it ever being me who gets a girl. I feel a bit better today, although still no more positive on the girl side of things.

I don't feel like we will ever get a boy.I told my husbands side last nght that I don't appreciate the,"It better be a boy" comments.My friend recently had a stillborn daughter and it totally changed my perspective.I'm still hoping for a boy but I won't be the least bit sad if its not.I think this tragedy cured my possible gender disapointment.

How awful. Such a terrible thing to happen. I think we all would rather have a healthy baby of the gender we have than the heartbreak of losing a baby.
I don't know why but I am very over emotional ATM AF left a couple of days ago so not PMT usually I feel really good right after AF, a new cycle, new hope. But with that in mind your friends story has really touched me.

My friend had a boy after 3 girls at the weekend. I've known her since our first children were babies and we've seen each other through having 'another boy/girl' now she has her dream gender and I should be so happy for her, and I am. But theres also that bit of "why her and not me?" I think I maybe also feel a bit like I've lost her, so many people I know, after they have got their dream gender, forget about what it was like when they were in that place of waiting and hoping. I've one friend with 2 boys who desperately wanted a girl. She got her while I was still TTC ds4 and then when I was pregnant and tried to talk to her she just didn't understand any more.

I would be livid if anyone told me that my baby better be one particular sex! How awful! Not only would I expect that to make your other daughters feel very hurt, but who are they to assume that one sex is better than the other and what your preferences are anyway? Unless you specifically told them that you’d like a boy, what would be wrong with wanting three girls anyway? It’s absolutely none of their business!

Even if you did tell them, I still think they should keep their mouths shut. I had a friend who really wanted a girl both times but ended up having two boys. I did nothing but congratulate her when she shared the news and only when she expressed disappointment did I say anything. I tried my best to affirm her feelings and let her grieve the loss of the daughter she wanted while not making it worse. It’s definitely tough territory to navigate, but I feel like keeping your mouth shut and following the other person’s lead is best.

I see what you mean about loss changing your perspective, too. I really, really wanted another girl when I was first pregnant (and so did DH) but after bleeding off and on for weeks early on and living with a subchorionic hematoma, I thought I had miscarried for sure 3 times. Getting through the first trimester made me really just want a healthy baby regardless of sex. I’d tell anyone off who told me I should have or want one sex over the other though! Ugh, so rude!

How awful. Such a terrible thing to happen. I think we all would rather have a healthy baby of the gender we have than the heartbreak of losing a baby.
I don't know why but I am very over emotional ATM AF left a couple of days ago so not PMT usually I feel really good right after AF, a new cycle, new hope. But with that in mind your friends story has really touched me.

My friend had a boy after 3 girls at the weekend. I've known her since our first children were babies and we've seen each other through having 'another boy/girl' now she has her dream gender and I should be so happy for her, and I am. But theres also that bit of "why her and not me?" I think I maybe also feel a bit like I've lost her, so many people I know, after they have got their dream gender, forget about what it was like when they were in that place of waiting and hoping. I've one friend with 2 boys who desperately wanted a girl. She got her while I was still TTC ds4 and then when I was pregnant and tried to talk to her she just didn't understand any more.

I lost a friend of mine when she found out her first baby was a girl and I was pregnant with ds3 and I only found out the reason 4 years later when I was pregnant with ds4 the reason which I think was a lame reason she said she thought I was jealous cause she got a girl!!!! I was like are you for real I would of just enjoyed buying her girly stuff at he birthday and that I wasn't in the slightest bit jealous I had just lost my dad and the sex of my baby or hers wasn't really on my mind x

It happens so often, more so on forums, but people get their desired gender then just move on. They don't come back and offer advice or well wishes and support. My friend with the 2boys then girl, she is one of those people who updates her status every 5 minutes about every bit of her day and every thought in her head. She always has status's like "I love her outfit today, its so nice being able to dress her up." and going on about her being her best friend and stuff. So I thought she was still very appreciative of the fact she had a girl. Apparently not. All I got was "as long as he is healthy" and later stuff about not bothering to sway, when I know from her status at the time that she changed things. She never said outright but lots of little things like how she was cutting this from her diet 'for health reasons'.
I wouldn't ever completely cut off a friendship over the gender of our children, but I just feel like it would be one less person to talk to about it all.

Hi Girls.
Can I join the thread again?. Hope you're all ok xx
I've not been on for a while cause I had a miscarriage back in March, but I'm happy to say I'm pregnant again :) I got my BFP last week :)
We did sway again this time, but not as strict as last time.
I'm just hoping and praying it's a little girl this time as this is our last baby. We already have 2 boys who we love to bits, but we are desperate for a little pink one:)
I think we are going to have a gender scan at 16 weeks........ Only 12 weeks to go :( !!.Xx

Hey dollych, sorry to hear about your loss and congratulations on your new pregnancy. I have updated the first page. Good luck hun

Congratulations on your pregnancy dolly xxx

pregnant now i have 4 boys seriously hoping for a girl this time so i can be done!

I'll be finding out in Nov, but that's ages away so doubt it'll be me...would be so nice if we could find out in our early scans, in which case I'd be finding out this week :haha:

After posting on ingender I'm 99.9% sure mines another boy. Completely given up on it being a girl.

I'm finding out end of September/early October. Nervous!

I think it's another boy too I feel like my girl is never going to come :(

This forum throws me off kilt, I cannot cope with the fact that it doesn't show signatures :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->