The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I know of 2 others at the boys school who have 4 boys. Both are done now. Must be something in the water round here lol

So how is everyone getting on? My LP was ever so slightly longer, but AF did arrive. Still I'm going to take the positives, at least my LP is naturally lengthening.

Are you doing anything to try to lengthen it? I actually conceived on my second postpartum cycle with a 7 day luteal phase. I was taking B6 complex and vitex, though, so that somehow lengthened it enough for me to get a BFP.

Things are good here, dr appt on Monday, and next appt will be our u/s although I still don't think we're finding out, but I'll still be looking for clues haha!

No I'm not yet. I had this problem before and took B6, but that apparently can sway blue, I've had vitex recommended as that can sway pink, but that was only a few days ago it was recommended so haven't got any yet. I know really that something like that can't have a huge effect otherwise it would be as simple as saying take b6 for a boy and vitex for a girl and you're onto a winner. Man how great would that be?! I just want to play it safe ya know. Anyway I didn't get any vitex in time as I was told to take it days 1-14, so I think I'm going to see what happens next month. I know B6 can give you an extra few days from the first cycle so sounds like it, coupled with vitex, did a brilliant job extending yours enough to fall pregnant!

Interesting, I didn't know that B6 could sway... or vitex for that matter! It's actually safe to take vitex throughout the first trimester as it can decrease your chance of miscarriage. (Some sites say not to because it hasn't been tested, but they're being overly cautious). Vitex works with your body to increase the hormones you need, but it doesn't actually create hormones. I had VERY low progesterone (7 ng/ml after getting my BFP), and so I continued vitex until 10 weeks and it helped my body create the progesterone I needed. It raised on its own!

Best of luck to you!

Thanks. I'm not sure exactly how those 2 things work, but apparently they can help.

Heh, I have no idea how B6 complex extends the luteal phase, but vitex works by extending the ability of the corpus luteam to secrete progesterone. People with LP defects have a corpus luteum that fails earlier than it should (for one reason or another), and that's how vitex can help it last long enough for implantation to occur so that HCG can work its magic in increasing progesterone.

i know in my case last time it looked like a case of prolactin lowering progesterone from what i researched.

Yeah, that was the problem with me, too. Prolactin competes with progesterone since they both bind to the same receptors. I was still nursing my daughter frequently and kept having patches of EWCM and then the increased prolactin would prevent me from ovulating for a while. Still, it's possible! Once you're pregnant, progesterone wins out... and then you most likely lose your milk supply. :(

I was still nursing ds3 while ttc too, i got my bfp a few days after we stopped. DS4 is now only nursing in the evening/night

Just wanted to give you all my update. I think we're destined to stay on team pink! 3 girls for us now! My girls are super excited about it. I'm a little bummed, as I think having a boy would've been lots of fun, but I won't lose any sleep over it. DH is taking it a little harder though. He's thrilled with our 2 girls and never had a gender preference until this pregnancy. I feel bad for the guy!

Congratulations on your little girl, I'm glad you're taking it well though and that you're in a good place with it :)

How is everyone else doing? :flower:

Congrats on your little girl Dolcebella xxx :hugs:

I'm doing well thanks, counting down the days until my dating scan (on the 28th). I've been so nervous that I'll have the scan and find that baby stopped growing or something...though from the 1st tri threads I've seen around, seems a common paranoid concern.

I do think its a common concern, but doesn't make it any less worrying. Good luck

Thanks girls :hugs: How are you guys doing?

:wave: Hi Platinumvague :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->