The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Rhio

I'm the same as u I check stats I try not to worry but I'm scared what my reaction will b if they say another boy (#5) and I to had a bad relationship with my mom it's been over 3 years that I cut her negativity out of my life

Feronia my cycles are also messed from breastfeeding. I concieved my second whilst bfing without any issues but this time DS2 feeds a lot more.
I think the belief they'll get on better is very rational. I personally grew up with me and my brother and we have a wonderful relationship Bs always did have - however those I know who have had a bad relationship sister-to-sister, tend to eventually come through it and be close as adults, whereas if a B/G are distant they often remain that way.

We DTD 3 days before ovulation then again the day before. So it's anyone's game here, I refuse to even look at swaying as I'm too afraid it would make my GD worse (assuming I have it this time).

DH really didn't mind at all what he had, nor does he this time. He has pretty much always been my sons Dad so felt he's had both genders anyway.
He was quite touched having a boy though as I genuinely don't think he thought he'd have a genetic son, they look so alike it's pretty cute :)

Rhio - I think that's a totally normal reason. You want to experience that mother/daughter relationship because you haven't had a chance yet.

I've got all different timing for mine. I believe to a certain extent that outside environments and diet can make a slight difference. When you look at things in history like war or at how third world countries have higher girl birth rates while first world countries have higher (all be it a tiny percentage) boy birth rates. But I don't think its enough to make a huge difference to our chances. And if diet etc made a big difference you'd have got civilisations dying out because their lifestyle completely swayed girl or boy.

I also had a rubbish relationship with my mum, hers with her own mum was not great, I don't know what makes me think I'm capable of having a healthy relationship with a daughter. And I too don't even really know why I want a girl so much.

Sept 24th we will find out the sex of baby #3.We were going to stay team yellow but,we just need to be as prepared as we can.It works better that way for us.

Omfg I totally want another one (one cousin has just had a girl the other is due one and my other cousin has just announced she is pregnant bet its another bloody girl) but its still a no go at this house OH is being a right misery and moaning about everything as per I think I better just resign myself to the fact that I'm just going to have 5 boys and just wait for my granddaughters to arrive I swear I'll be foaming if I don't get a granddaughter at least lmao

Hope your all well and try not to worry to much about nubs etc people get it wrong

Have zero energy need to find something to bring energy up

aww geordie :( I still haven't told DH about my friend being pregnant. He is rubbish at trying to make jokes out of things and making it worse. If I say she's pregnant he'll make a joke about "so you probably want one now" when he knows that it wouldn't be because she's pregnant that I'd want one and we are already NTNP/practically TTC. He seems to think we can have sex unprotected, but wont have a baby until we move. Like everything will fall into place and be perfect. He asked the other day how long till we move. Makes me furious as there is a PERFECT house. 4 bed, with an 'reception' room that it says can be used as another bedroom. It's listed as being suitable for 4-10 people. It's even slightly less rent than we pay here. It's a little further away, although he used to travel right near to there to work, so he'd only be doing the same distance the opposite way round, and its near ALL my friends. It would however mean changing the boys school. But he wont even consider it! He just says "shame its not nearer" I mean honestly its like 20 minutes away so not even that far to still visit family every week. Its right near where I lived when we first met and he used to come over there to see me and pick me up to go out. And he can't even moan its a rubbish area.

I've never moved to a house closer than 30 mines from my previous one. Silly man!

He was born in the house his parents live in, when he moved out it was to buy a house with his brother....5 doors away from their parents. When his brother got married he pretty much kicked DH out. So he went back to his parents while he found somewhere else, but then his Dad got ill and couldn't work any more so DH paid their mortgage for a couple of years. Which was when I met him, and we've moved to the next village, less than 10 minutes away.
Sometimes I wish we could move right away. I moved from London into Kent at 14. We moved around a lot. Then lived where this house is. He is a real snob about the only other 2 areas that a 3 bed house has come up in. I thought this place would be perfect especially as it had another room which could possibly be used as a bedroom in the future. And quite selfishly I thought maybe instead of seeing my best friend once every 2-3 months because of getting around school times and the train and bus fares, I'd be able to just walk down and see her once a week or more! I really don't want to move the boys schools if possible but how often are places like that going to come up?

Wish me luck tomorrow is my 1st appointment and I'm praying they can get a heartbeat to keepe from worring all the time

Had my scan today, was so nervous all day that there would be no heartbeat...but scan showed a happy healthy live baby! <3

Due 6th of April, so that makes me 8 weeks 3 days - right on dates which is cool! (sorry the pic is sideways :wacko: Not sure how to turn it)

Attachments

• 8w2d.jpg
    8w2d.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks lovelies <3 Kaiecee, I hope this gives you some hope...I was honestly so sure I was going to be greeted with negative news...it's so easy to worry in first tri isn't it :(

aww geordie :( I still haven't told DH about my friend being pregnant. He is rubbish at trying to make jokes out of things and making it worse. If I say she's pregnant he'll make a joke about "so you probably want one now" when he knows that it wouldn't be because she's pregnant that I'd want one and we are already NTNP/practically TTC. He seems to think we can have sex unprotected, but wont have a baby until we move. Like everything will fall into place and be perfect. He asked the other day how long till we move. Makes me furious as there is a PERFECT house. 4 bed, with an 'reception' room that it says can be used as another bedroom. It's listed as being suitable for 4-10 people. It's even slightly less rent than we pay here. It's a little further away, although he used to travel right near to there to work, so he'd only be doing the same distance the opposite way round, and its near ALL my friends. It would however mean changing the boys school. But he wont even consider it! He just says "shame its not nearer" I mean honestly its like 20 minutes away so not even that far to still visit family every week. Its right near where I lived when we first met and he used to come over there to see me and pick me up to go out. And he can't even moan its a rubbish area.

Just say well I'm moving so are you coming or staying here he will come lol

So what if its a bit further away surely its about the boys having a bit more space and that its not like its the other end of the world x

Wish me luck tomorrow is my 1st appointment and I'm praying they can get a heartbeat to keepe from worring all the time

Good luck I know how your feeling was the same with ds5 after 4 m/c

Love the ultrasound pic what a cute bean!

No hb but she not worried at all she scheduled me an ultrasound just waiting for hospital to call for the day on the paper they faxed she asked for one for less than a week

Plus it's a new dr since I moved and she was so nice a new dr I never had a dr that was so friendly and answered all my questions without rushing me

I'm glad that she was nice. Can I ask how they tried to listen in? I know they won't even attempt to with the doppler on your stomach until 16 weeks here because it is so hit and miss and just causes unnecessary worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->