The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I had a positive opk yesterday, bd, then another positive this am and a much lighter line this pm. I'm scared to bd tonight cause I don't want a boy :(

Wouldn't it be fabulous if there was some guarantee? Like it was all down to chance the first few, but after 5 of the same gender you were 100% going to get the opposite.
Or we were like certain reptiles (leopard geckos for example) if their eggs are incubated above a certain temp they get one gender, below that temp the turn into the other. You'd be there in the summer with the heating on full blast to keep your body temperature up to grow your girl, but I'd deal with 9 months of sweating my butt off if I knew I'd def get my girl.

Is anyone giving any thoughts to the chinese gender chart? I know it's not based on anything really, but as I'm planning my TTC I still try to avoid boy months or I'll feel like "I should have listened to that dumb chart!" xD

It's been 50/50 for me so I'm not paying any attention to it. But I know what you mean about feeling you should have done something differently.

Does anyone feel really bad for their girly daydreams? I was imagining a daughter again and feel so guilty thinking I may have a third boy whilst dreaming about a little girl.

I read about a study that disproved timing as any predictor for your baby's sex. Essentially, it said that Shettles was not identifying the sperm correctly. This link is also interesting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Gender-Selection-Methods---Scientific-Evidence.html

I personally don't put any stock in timing (just a personal example, my daughter was conceived on ovulation day)! I think if anything, diet might sway things a bit, but not timing.

Every gender thing for me said girl - the Chinese chart, the baking soda, all of it. But my gut said boy (even before I was pregnant) and I got a boy. My gut says girl on the next one but I don't want to believe it and get my hopes up.

I'm having lots of cramping together, I know it's early but I'm gonna make myself crazy over the next 2 weeks! :haha:

DS1 I think was O day, DS2 was +opk, DS3 was 4 days before O, remember thinking I didn't have much chance then being surprised I was pregnant and all my friends saying "oooh thats girl timing" DS4 was day before O.
The diet thing (although it doesn't claim to be 100% and I wouldn't put more than, say 30% hope into it) does seem to make sense. When you look at birth rates and patterns over year, and in different countries etc Although its not going to be 100% because otherwise you'd have had civilisations dying out because they had all one gender due to environment. With diet and stuff its best of think that your odds of a girl (or boy) are really low, and that swaying its bringing those odds up and giving you a more 50/50 chance.

I have a lot of friends the dtd during o or right before and still have a girl

Actually when it comes to timing with ovulation, I tend to believe more the theory explained in "the impatient women guide to getting pregnant" (loved that book) that says the opposite of Shettles.
Basically O day babies are more often girls, but probably more because the baby boys are weeker, and O day baby making has a higher miscarriage rate (because the egg is already past its prime once fertilised)... so maybe about the same % of boys and girls are conceived on O day, but more boys don't make it.

@motherofboys: yeah the fact that there's many different charts kind of makes the whole thing pointless I guess haha... But what about the month of september/october/november bringing more boys? Do you believe that? It's stressing me out now for some reason

I think I've seen something about that on gender dreaming. It could be related to diet. Lots of people find that the diet hard to get that bikini body for summer, or even that they are not as hungry in the warmer months. So eat less, and exercise more. When the weather starts to turn people begin to eat more warming, comfort foods, maybe put on a couple of lbs. tend to stay home in the warm more rather than going out for long walks and stuff.
It's one theory I suppose.
But like everything it's not fool proof. And I always come back to the question "what about boy/girl twins?" If the predictions by charts and seasons where so accurate you wouldn't get one of each in the same pregnancy.
Seeing as there's only 2 possible results it's not hard to get an accurate guess a fair amount of the time.
When I was pregnant with ds3, ds1 who was 3, turned 4 the month before ds3 was due, guessed every single one of my friends pregnancies correctly. In fact he even told me on the way to visit one friend that she had a baby and when I arrived she announced she was pregnant. But he honestly guessed each and everyone of them, boy or girl, and was right. What did he guess for me? Girl! I was the only one he was wrong about for the whole 9 months. Obviously he isn't psychic and he has got loads wrong when his opinions been asked since, but if you just looked at that one period of time you'd think he was a genius.

I believe that it's all worth a try so that at the end of it all you don't get left with the feeling of "if I had only done this. What if I had tried that?" But not to put too much faith in it.

I totally agree with you, motherofboys. I personally don't think DTD timing does anything at all, but with things like diet (calories, acidity, etc.) I think at the most they raise your odds a little bit. Nothing is fool proof though, and there's some speculation that the man has a lot more to do with it than we think (e.g. certain professions of men have more sons or more daughters, and I also read that men with all brothers are more likely to have boys and men with all sisters are more likely to have girls). Again, I think these are just slight odds -- not any where near 100%

I actually did a large poll in a vegan parenting group I'm in since I read that vegan diets are more likely to result in a girl. (Due to them being lower in calories in general and containing more foods that tend to favour girls.) The results: vegan parents seemed 20% more likely to have a girl, but overall, that's not very high. There were still a few women who had only boys or had some of each, even though the larger trend seemed to favour girls.

I really don't think you should feel bad about something you did/ didn't do when attempting to sway though! It could be that you raised your odds from 50% to 60%, but that's still a 40% chance of getting the sex you weren't aiming for.

Does anyone have family members who are really wanting a certain gender? My father in law was disappointed when we found out my son was a boy.

My mother in law only had boys so of course she'd love a grand daugther, I hope it will be the end of gender disspointement for her :s

My parents only have grandsons (my son was grandson number four), so naturally they would love to have a granddaughter, but will be happy with another grandson too :)

Seems to be a bit of a trend in my family...my auntie (mum's sister) had I think it was seven grandsons in a row before her first granddaughter was born!

Haven't posted in here in a little while, hope you are all doing okay!

I've accepted that this baby is a boy (I don't KNOW but I'm pretty sure, team yellow) and I've come to terms with it. I'm actually in a really good place for having another boy, and looking forward to potentially meeting our little boy. Think I've finally seen the light :haha:

My niece desperately wanted me to have girls. She has 3 brothers, and on her dads side 5 male cousins, only one girl cousin who she doesn't see much. I think my father in law secretly hoped we'd have a girl. He is one of 3 boys, his dad was one of 6 boys. His dad desperately wanted a daughter, and FIL provided the first granddaughter. So I think he feels like he maybe doesn't want dh to feel the way his dad did about it, maybe.
Also my boys wanted a sister. Then right before I found out with ds4, after wanting a sister for years, decided they actually wanted a brother so that was lucky. But ds2 is back to asking "why didn't god give you any girls? When can we have a sister?"

I've lost all drive to sway now. I'm trying not to even ttc I'm just going to let it happen. I honestly don't believe even with swaying that I'm ever getting a girl. And right now I'm ok with that. I can see ds5, I can imagine him and imagine telling people about him. I can imagine life with 5 boys and it's good. I've even got his name already picked out.
I'm sure there will be times when I really feel the absence of a girl, but it's better if I just get used to the idea of it now rather than hoping and praying and driving myself crazy.

Not been on here for some time,hope you're all ok . motherofboys, can you update the first page please, as I lost my baby at 7 weeks.
Thanks

OH feels really bad that he can't "make a girl". When we found out that our son was a boy, he was like "well sorry I cant make girls" I feel bad for him. I would love a girl but can see myself with 3 boys as well. I think he wouldn't be so against having another LO if we were guaranteed a little girl

I'm so sorry shayzee I will update the front page.

Dh is the same. He admitted before our gender scan with ds4 that he was scared incase they said boy. He seemed quite cheerful afterwards, but I think that was for my sake to try to make me feel better. He did apologise for "only making boys" and when I asked about another said "what's the point I only make boys".
He has been convinced every time that we'd have a girl. I think maybe he wanted one more than I did to begin with, I wanted boys, and seeing him and then the boys wanting me to have a girl made me want a girl.
I think he thought it was better to not gave another and experience the sadness again rather than have another boy. But I know he'll love another anyway and he now wants another baby so it will all be ok whatever the out come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->