The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

She does. She comes from a family where girls are valued much higher than boys. She asked if I was disappointed that ds1 was a boy!!! Both her and her mother have been quite nasty to me about not having a girl. Her boyfriend wants a girl too. So convinced she'll have a girl and just run it in my face. Keep checking Facebook every 2 minutes to see if she's posted yet.

She does. She comes from a family where girls are valued much higher than boys. She asked if I was disappointed that ds1 was a boy!!! Both her and her mother have been quite nasty to me about not having a girl. Her boyfriend wants a girl too. So convinced she'll have a girl and just run it in my face. Keep checking Facebook every 2 minutes to see if she's posted yet.

That's really horrible that she said that to you :( karma hopes she has a boy and you get your princess! Then look who will be laughing! X

ahh thats terrible, i have no idea why people would do that. All children are a blessing no matter what their gender.

I think she must have text some people, because a couple of people have commented on her post from this morning saying congratulations and putting pink hearts. I think it's a girl. I've got a sinking feeling just waiting for her to confirm. When she had her last girl and I only had the 3 boys she was laughing in my face telling me I was the only one without a girl now and when I had ds4 she told me I shouldn't have any more babies because they would only be boys.

Shocked, announced on fb this morning..25 comments so far and not one about gender..!

That is so out of order, i couldn't be friends with someone that could be like that sorry.

Got my :bfp: this morning girls :) so happy. Obviously would still love a girl but whatever baby is I know I'll be thrilled.

EmyDra - congratulations!!!! :)

Motherofboys - that's terrible that she would say that. Not s nice person.

Congrats Emy
I've been friends with her since school. There where 3 of is and I'm still really close to the other one but this one I don't see that often any more but feel I've been friends too long to just completely cut her out.
I've messaged her asking of the hearts after the congratulations mean she's having a girl but had no reply.

Ok spoke too soon, just got a comment " You're going to have a football team soon" just going to reply "yep hopefully"! :haha:

Ok spoke too soon, just got a comment " You're going to have a football team soon" just going to reply "yep hopefully"! :haha:

I get those kinds of comments a lot. Hubby plays ice hockey and you only field 6 at a time. There's a running joke that one more and we'll have a line lol. I take it more about the number than gender with references to sports teams lol

Congratulation emy! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
Mother of boys she sounds like she's playing around not telling you! That's a bit mean but some people are like that :( x

I'm thinking she meant number too, but it is used more in reference to just having boys and I am only expecting no'3.. i don't know. I think most people assume it will be another boy. Its funny when i was expecting ds2 they all thought he would be a girl, i guess as most people have 1 of each or they seem to in my life but once they knew boy they joke i will then only have boys! :shrug:

Still no reply. Driving me crazy. I'm trying to keep it together because it's dh birthday today.

Would drive me nuts too! I would take ages to reply back when she does reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->