The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

So sorry Katherine :hugs: I can only tell you from experience that it will get better. Once i held ds 3 in my arms it was an instant bond between us and loved him soo much I didn't even care he wasn't a girl, because he was my perfect little boy. My sons loved him soo much and are his best friends. Just watching ds2 be so protective and loving to him melts my heart. I have a feeling this baby is a boy also and I know that all three boys will love him so much that again it won't matter. I hope thats the way it happens for you and are just soo in love with how much your boys love each other it doesn't matter he wasn't your little girl.

Oh Hun, hugs. You have to give yourself time to adjust. You had this dream in your mind and heart and have just been told it won't happen. Try to separate your feelings, you are not sad for what will be, and for your healthy boy, but sad for what won't be, and that little girl.
I knew by the time I got to my scan that is be told boy for a 4th time, I was resigned to my fate. And it took a few days to really sink in and I did cry.

Thank you all so much, I know I will love this baby as much as I love my son, regardless of gender, but it's just hard right now.

I also seem to have gone straight into denial :dohh: As cord was between baby's legs, I keep wondering if she could have got it wrong. Clutching at straws I know, if she says she saw a willy, I'm sure she did. I hate myself for even hoping she was wrong. I wish I'd just accept it and move on. I know when I get to my 20 week scan they're just going to confirm it's a boy and I'm worried I'll get upset all over again.

Why can't I just be happy for the blessing I've been given?? :(

So sorry Katherine...how far long are you?

There's nothing wrong with feeling blue about it, but I know what you mean. I'm also feeling guilty about not wanting a little boy (and probably be carrying one).

I'm 16 weeks today, so at least I have plenty of time to come around and get used to it.

so sorry you didn't hear girl katherine, you will love your new little boy and like others have said watching brothers play together is so sweet, melts my heart. :hugs:

When I was looking into boy swaying I found this.According to statistics I have a higher chance of another girl than the boy we really want.

https://www.in-gender.com/xyu/Odds/Gender_Odds.aspx

Big Katherine, I still felt a little hope that it would be wrong when I went for my 20 week scan. And I have seen it happen.

There are so many other factors that come into play that it's hard to get a clear idea of how likely it is to get a different gender at any point. You just don't know if the people in those stats did anything differently, not necessarily to sway but something's life steps in and changes your situation and you don't even realise.

Platinum I must have read it wrong I thought it said the more girls you get the higher chance for a boy?

Hi.... I'm back :) Ish. I used to float around this section, but went off TTC for a while. Now I'm unsure of weather to TTC or not but I'm so so broody.

While I LOVE my boy, my goodness, I suffered really badly with Gender Disappointment when i found out he was a boy. I really desperately want another girl. I wouldn't be distraught if I had another boy, I am not going into the great unknown this time, but Itwould just complete our family to have Another little girly.

I'm really not coping very well today to be honest. I just want to cry. I'm trying to be happy, but I can't help the fact I'm not. I'm heartbroken. I know how selfish that sounds. It's not even that I worry I won't love this baby, I know I'll adore him, but I genuinely feel I'm grieving for the child I'm not having, and never will be having.

I'm really not coping very well today to be honest. I just want to cry. I'm trying to be happy, but I can't help the fact I'm not. I'm heartbroken. I know how selfish that sounds. It's not even that I worry I won't love this baby, I know I'll adore him, but I genuinely feel I'm grieving for the child I'm not having, and never will be having.

We were a little disapointed when our second dd was born.I had to keep reminding myself that it could be a lot worse.She is perfect and healthy.I did feel like I was being selfish too.Now that she is here the disapointment has gone away.Its tough but you get through it and once you are over it you feel silly for ever feeling that way :flower:

I'd like to add my name to the list if I can. I'm 11 weeks PG, with a scan coming up in 9 days. Might be too early to see gender though. I have two DD, which I'm thrilled about because I wanted my first to have a sister. This time, I'm really hoping for a boy. DH would love it too!

I'd like to add my name to the list if I can. I'm 11 weeks PG, with a scan coming up in 9 days. Might be too early to see gender though. I have two DD, which I'm thrilled about because I wanted my first to have a sister. This time, I'm really hoping for a boy. DH would love it too!

Yay someone else wanting a boy :haha:

Yes, I think it's high time for a boy in this house. Although, I have no idea what to do with that penis thing! I can barely navigate DHs!:haha:

Haha,we know for sure if we ever have a boy he will not be circumsised.Im hoping the blue socks I put under the mattress gave off some boy vibes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->