The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

For some of us, especially like me with 4 boys already, and one of the least girly girls ever, I think any girl I had would be a tom boy anyway and not want to do those girlie things. Doesn't st op me wanting one though lol And while shes tiny she cant protest to the pink and frills I've suddenly found a liking for hahaha

I will add you now.

I swear everyone I know who is pregnant is having girls it must be a girlie year!!! Motherofboys im totally with you on the pink and frills :) x

I know over all there is always roughly even (51/49) numbers of each gender born each year, but it does seem to go in patterns. Like the back end of last year out of 6 people who I knew who were pregnant 5 had boys. But now it seems like everyone is having girls.

I'm quite a girlie girl so i can't wait to buy pink for my daughter (if i ever get the chance) All my friends that had babies in the last year have had girls, even just distant fb friends girls also. So i think i have totally missed the girl boat! :cry:

I'm also quite girly, and would definitely love buying pink and dresses. DH has even said if this is another boy I had better toughen up a bit and forget seeing pink for a few years.

I've got the exact same thing, every thread I'm on every time a gender is announced, they're team pink, every time a friend has a baby, it's a girl, I'm on a facebook baby group and the last four gender announcements have been pink. I definitely feel that just by law of averages mine must be a boy to balance out all the pink. Every girl I see say they're team pink I get less hopeful that I will be. I know that's a bit silly as obviously just because their babies are girls, doesn't necessarily mean mine will be a boy, it just feels like it!

My best friend just had her second girl on Thursday. Have to say she was hoping for a boy. Whenever theres a girl pattern you can guarantee I'll be the exception to the rule lol
I know a few other 4 boy families at school so kept thinking surely I can't also have 4 boys, there is no one at school who got the opposite after 3 of the same, they all stopped at 3 or got 4 of the same. I thought statistically someone had to get a girl after 3 boys, so why not me? Didnt work out that way though lol

One of the mums at swimming had a girl after 3 boys, to offer a little hope! but then a 'kind' friend told me of a mum at her school who has 8, 7 of which are boys! i don't know, what will be will be i guess.:shrug:

I know on the swaying site I use that there are plenty of people getting girls after 4 boys, but there are also those getting 5th boys. There are some with 7, then get a girl. If you have enough kids I guess eventually you have to get the opposite, but then you'd end up with your own show called 16 boys and counting lmao everyone seems to know that 1 person with 10 of one gender. I saw something recent where the people had like 14 kids, and the 1 girl was right there in the middle.
Most of the time I feel like I've accepted a girl just isn't for me, and think I've decided not to sway. Then every now and then I'll feel that desperation for a girl again and feel like I should sway. Whatever happens eventually we will find a way to make peace with it and move on (I hope)

I was going to sway after reading great statistics on it but then when i thought about it when i conceived the boys they should have been girls based on what i read.

I am doing quite a few different things this time round accidentally as i wanted to loose weight for the wedding so have been eating more protein and exercising regularly. I'm not prepared to skip breakfast as i will just be grumpy and that's not fair on my family!
Timing wise, i don't think i'd get pregnant if i stopped 3/4 days before ov' getting on a bit now so just going to leave it to chance.

See I know that almost everything in my life style is exactly how it says for conceiving boys, so kind of had an 'it all makes sense' moment. I keep trying to convince myself that if I sway I'll gave better odds and no regrets but I don't think I'm cut out for it, diet and exercise etc I've no will power or motivation (which considering the end result could possibly be a girl really says something about me I think lol) it does at times feel very unfair that some people do t even have to think about it, while here I am wondering if I should change my whole lifestyle just to get a girl. But then I should be grateful I can have babies at all. I constantly talk myself in and out of it lol

Yes took me a while too, back n forth. Least we have this thread to rant and support us. :)

I did decide to sway, I thought it can't hurt, I knew I wanted a girl so I thought a slight sway couldn't hurt. Honestly though, I don't think it's worked. I don't think I was extreme enough :haha: I didn't want to go down the supplements and vitamins route, so we just had sex 2 and 4 days before intercourse and no more, no orgasms during my fertile window, I don't eat much meat anyway so it wasn't an issue for me to not eat red meat and I drink a lot of milk anyway, so I just made sure I had at least a large glass a day. I didn't drink more than that though as there were conflicting things about milk hindering any conception.

I'm not sure any swaying is really effective if I'm honest though, I just thought it couldn't hurt.

Yeah I have an obsessive nature, and know that's not good for a sway. I think that didn't help in the past when I was just obsessed with getting pregnant

Dh and I can't decide if we should find out what were having or not. I want to know but at the same time maybe it would be easier on me if we didn't? I was really upset our last was a boy until I held him in my arms…

hmm its a difficult one, with my 2nd i felt like i had to know asap, but i've always thought with the next maybe better not to find out. We didn't tell anyone with ds2 and most people were thinking it would be a girl which was hard when we knew otherwise. I think this time round everyone would expect boy. My oh doesn't want to go through that again though, he says either we find out and tell everyone or don't find out until the birth. I'm not sure yet..

It is a tough one, I've decided to find out (2 days!) because I'm still hanging onto that slight hope it's a girl, and I think the further along I get the more I'll be hoping and wishing. At least this way I have 24 weeks to prepare myself, and won't get a shock on delivery day.

Part of me thought maybe I should wait and when I actually see the baby I won't care, but I think I still will care if I'm finding out gender for the first time, and I never want to look at my beautiful new born baby and feel anything but absolute joy.

It's a very personal choice though.

I won't be finding out when the time comes. Mainly because I've never had a surprise, I always wanted to have a surprise but was so excited and impatient with ds1 that we found out. Every time since then I've convinced myself that I needed to know in case I had a girl, to give me time to get rid of all the boy stuff and buy girl stuff. Last time was my first experience of gender disappointment and I needed to know, as soon as I possibly could, not knowing was killing me. The next baby may be my last so the last chance to not find out. And I'm also so sure I'll have another boy I feel I don't need to. I was also worried that if I had a boy last time I wouldn't bond with him so thought I needed time to process it. Now I know I will bond I don't feel I need to know in advance.

I had terrible gd with my last, to the point where my dh thought I wouldn't bond with the baby and would have a terrible time after he was born. But the instant I held him I was sooo in love it didn't matter he wasn't a girl, and I wouldn't trade him anything. It took us 18 months to conceive him and I had a subchronic hemorrhage with him and thought we lost him, so it didn't matter what he was I wanted a baby so bad. Now with this baby we weren't even trying, we were preventin and still got pregnant so dh thinks since it was a surprise pregnancy maybe we should just keep the surprise until the very end. We've never not known what we were having before. And this will for sure be out last, so it's our last chance to wait until birth to find out.

We had a surprise with ds1. I did want a girl first time round as well but felt he was a boy although wasn't sure and when he popped out i wasn't bothered at all really.

With ds2 i really felt a more deep need for a girl and really didn't want another boy so we found out at the 20wk scan although like i said before he had a very boy nub so i wasn't surprised. We didn't bond straight away, although i don't think that was to do with being a boy more pnd, however further down the line something changed and now we are sooo close and I certainly wouldn't swap him for any girl.

The next time round i don't know, i think i'm more bothered about telling people and them saying "sorry it's another boy" over and over If we didn't know, they wouldn't either and then when he was born i'm sure people wouldn't say such a thing, well i'd hope not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->