The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Congrats on your boy! So glad to hear he's here and perfect as ever :)

30mummy, tomorrow is the big day!! Think you'll sleep tonight?

Nope don't think i will! my stomach is in knots already! Having to lie to everyone as well isn't helping!
So my dh could tell something was on my mind, so had to say i was worried i hadn't been able to hear or feel baby yet..which is true but looking forward to seeing the midwife on xmas eve where hopefully she'll be able to put my mind at rest.

Then mil popped round to say will we be in late morning?, for her to pop round with pressie n card for dh, and i said no we'll be out from 11.30 till about 2 and had to say we're taking him out for lunch to which she got worried as we're going out for an all you can eat birthday dinner at 6pm! :dohh:

Ahhhh it'll all be worth it for the surprise! I'm considering taking your idea and surprising my DH with a gender scan when we can in Feb.

How far along are you again?

Yes defo, I will be 15+5. Hopefully will be far enough to tell for sure. Sonographer seemed confident as long as my bmi was under 30 - not sure why that makes any difference, but there you go!

I imagine because the ultrasounds are not as good on ladies with a higher bmi. Especially before 15 weeks! I couldn't find a place that would go earlier than 16
Very exciting :) good luck !!

Thank you, I would have held out and not asked till after 16wks if it wasn't for it being his birthday and Christmas but thought it was worth asking! :haha:

I had mine at 16+5 with ds4 and it was really obvious he was a boy at that point so I think just 2 days off of 16 weeks would be ok.

Now I know I probably sound mental. But I've reached the point where I feel like maybe it's all going to be ok (I know I know, I'll probably be back in a couple of weeks crying about needing a daughter) but after the recent GD dip which I feel like was the worst I've experienced yet, I just don't think I can do that to myself again. Of course I'm scared of the regret, but dh says that we can try again and sway in the future if I want to. I saw my mum the other day and we are not close at all. And it made me think, if I can be closer with my boys, then in 40 years will the little dresses and hair clips I didn't buy really matter that much?
I really think it is like grief, I've been sad, I've tried to convince myself it will happen one day, I've been so angry that i didn't get a girl when others have. I think I've reached acceptance. Like with the way I miss my nan still after 5 years, I think I'll always wish I'd had a girl. But I've looked at my life, and the things we'd have to change and give up for 1 more baby. And I feel it's selfish of me to just keep going for the chance of a girl. I feel I'm ready to move on to the next stage of parenting. I'm fed up living in the future, hoping but not daring to hope, planning the next pregnancy before I've even had the baby I was carrying.
I've been lucky to have 4 healthy boys.
I'll still be around to see how you all get on. Maybe not as often. And I may need to come back and vent if it gets tough. But I'm ready to move forwards with my boys and don't actually feel anything or anyone is missing.

motherofboys, you are right, what REALLY matters is the relationship you have with your LO's. It's natural to wish for one gender or another, but am glad you feel you're getting to a point of acceptance with the beautiful boys you have, and your heart is feeling full with that! Hugs!

Just an update to say my :yellow: bump turned :blue:. I am not disappointed at all, he is perfect in every way and I couldnt imagine having a daughter. I don't even want one anymore. We may go for a 4th in the future but I'd actually want another boy :haha: hope everyone is getting on well :kiss:

Pink you've had him already that seems to have flown congrats and I'm pleased your at peace with not having a girl xx

My relationship with my mother is awful. I see her once a year and watch what I say and need everything to be perfect so I can prove to her that I'm doing ok. I made the right choices for my life and I did it on my own. I don't want my boys to ever feel like that with me

Good luck 30mummy - how many hours now til the scan?! (if you haven't had it already, eeek!)

Motherofboys so glad your feeling better and more accepting of your situation :) don't be a stranger and check in on us when you feel like it :) hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->