The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Happy Christmas to you all too.
Very happy you're at peace with your decision motherofboys, hope you have a fab christmas with your family x

Welcome caro, do you want me to add you to wtt on the front page?
Just wanted to wish you all a fantastic Christmas
I'm feeling increasingly good about my decision. I was thinking this morning, when we were ttc ds4 and it was getting to the point of 2 years I was thinking maybe I wasn't meant to have another, and I never started out ttc to get a girl so I gave myself till ds3s 3rd birthday then I'd quit ttc. I was happy with 3 boys then so why was it so important for ds4 to be a girl? And if I could be happy with 3 then I know I can do it with 4.

yes please :). Have a wonderful Christmas with your boys!

hope everyone else has a brilliant time too :) xx

That is lovely to hear you're feeling at peace motherofboys :) <3

And Merry Christmas to you all xx

Hi sort of don't feel right being here, I have 2 girls and not disappointed in their gender at all, when was pregnant with my 2nd who is only 3 months I really thought she was going to be a boy and would of loved a boy but its not disappointment as I wouldn't change my beautiful girl for anything.
We do want a 3rd and final child though that we don't plan to start trying for until Jan 2016, so would love a boy to complete our family. I know I would love a girl just as much but a little scared if I will feel the terrible guilt this time that the thought of disapointment of never having a boy. I know having/wanting a boy isn't my only reason of wanting a 3rd though.
I hear so much condradictive stuff but is it still 50/50 of having either boy or girl when you already have 2 of one sex? Some say it decreases but others say its always 50/50.
Who of you ladies believe in swaying methods? I've been looking it up and also very contradictive.

Hi sort of don't feel right being here, I have 2 girls and not disappointed in their gender at all, when was pregnant with my 2nd who is only 3 months I really thought she was going to be a boy and would of loved a boy but its not disappointment as I wouldn't change my beautiful girl for anything.
We do want a 3rd and final child though that we don't plan to start trying for until Jan 2016, so would love a boy to complete our family. I know I would love a girl just as much but a little scared if I will feel the terrible guilt this time that the thought of disapointment of never having a boy. I know having/wanting a boy isn't my only reason of wanting a 3rd though.
I hear so much condradictive stuff but is it still 50/50 of having either boy or girl when you already have 2 of one sex? Some say it decreases but others say its always 50/50.
Who of you ladies believe in swaying methods? I've been looking it up and also very contradictive.

I could have written that hun and I'm sure most ladies on here would agree with you too :). I'd agree once you have 2 of one sex its still 50/50 the 3rd will be the same sex again. I'm going to give swaying a go, we figured we've nothing to lose, for us the 'worst' that could happen is we get another gorgeous boy, the bonus would be a girl, so figured its worth a shot! though I don't know masses about swaying as we're not going to ttc until probably jan 2016 either, maybe slightly sooner but probably not :) xx

I could have written that hun and I'm sure most ladies on here would agree with you too :). I'd agree once you have 2 of one sex its still 50/50 the 3rd will be the same sex again. I'm going to give swaying a go, we figured we've nothing to lose, for us the 'worst' that could happen is we get another gorgeous boy, the bonus would be a girl, so figured its worth a shot! though I don't know masses about swaying as we're not going to ttc until probably jan 2016 either, maybe slightly sooner but probably not :) xx

Thanks for your reply :)
When you conceived your boy(s) do you know if it was the day of ovulation that you DTD to conceive? Just others say it was with theirs.

I think it's a 50/50 no matter what but I had 4 boys till I finally concieved my girl so I don't think chances decrease after having a certain sex

Plus all my babies were conceived right around ovulation

I think it's a 50/50 no matter what but I had 4 boys till I finally concieved my girl so I don't think chances decrease after having a certain sex

So would you say you didn't do anything different when conceiving each time? Like there was no change in diet when conceived your girl than when conceived your boys? Was it a one time thing with conceiving your boys or was you dtd regular? I ask because others said it was only a 1 time.

30mum you must still be beside yourself! Did you reveal the gender to family?

Miley less than a week for you now! How are you feeling?

Who finds out after Miley?

yes still in disbelief really! although someone has now said to me don't go crazy buying pink as may still be a boy...the scan showed 3 white lines and not just a lack of penis but guess so..least i would have enjoyed buying pink momentarily i guess..!

yes we have told family and a couple of friends, not going to do a fb announcement as excited as i am i don't feel a need.

That scan sounds pretty conclusive, 30mummy! Congrats! :)

I find out in 4-7 weeks. I can't believe it's coming up so soon. Early on I thought "boy" but towards the end of pregnancy I've had a strong "girl" intuition. We are struggling with a girl name though. Oh and my daughter was conceived right around ovulation, and this baby was, too. I've read some convincing stuff against the theory of DTD timing though.

I don't think I'd wouldn't do anything different because I think it's just by chance

But I felt different with this pregnancy all my boys were in the 130-140 and this one is in the 160 I'm still throwing up but less than I did with all my boys

30mummy did you have scan pics? I don't remember seeing them. So thrilled for you! Can't believe someone is raining on your parade though

Beautiful pics!!!

Doesn't get much more girly than that though! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"