The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

i think its completely normal kaicee after a number of boys, i panic daily and keep looking at my scan pics!
not long for you now is it?

Kaicee it sounds so normal to be like that, I'm finishing it hard looking for boys stuff after 8 years of girl shopping, it's just not sinking in!

Miley, congratulations!!!!!! So glad your GD disappeared, you will surely enjoy having a boy around for a change! :)

Thankyou! The Chinese gender chart has been right with all three if my children, two girls then a boy! Was choosing new covers for my pram in blue and greys so strange after 8 years of pink shopping to be buying boys stuff! Strange but fun at the same time! X

I keep having mixture of feelings if my next child is another girl. I keep obsessing over if there is any truth in swaying, like I'll be certain 1 minute its all a load of nonsense and no matter what I do it's 50/50 chance everytime, the next minute I'm like there must be some truth in it.
I try to tell myself if I'm meant to have 3 girls thats my destiny but I can't stop horrible feeling that I will feel GD and I don't want to, I don't want to see both my sisters boys and be jealous that I didn't have 1.
I feel like a horrible selfish cow at the moment for even thinking these thoughts. I know I will love my next child no matter what but don't want to feel this horrible longing that something is missing.

I keep having mixture of feelings if my next child is another girl. I keep obsessing over if there is any truth in swaying, like I'll be certain 1 minute its all a load of nonsense and no matter what I do it's 50/50 chance everytime, the next minute I'm like there must be some truth in it.
I try to tell myself if I'm meant to have 3 girls thats my destiny but I can't stop horrible feeling that I will feel GD and I don't want to, I don't want to see both my sisters boys and be jealous that I didn't have 1.
I feel like a horrible selfish cow at the moment for even thinking these thoughts. I know I will love my next child no matter what but don't want to feel this horrible longing that something is missing.

I TOTALLY get that. I also feel horribly selfish. I worry that the baby can somehow detect my thoughts and it's "hearing" me think these awful things. Still, it doesn't make it much easier. I know I'll be happy either way and DH is doing a really great job at pointing out how wonderful a son would be. I hope you get what you want when your time comes, dear. I really do. :)

I TOTALLY get that. I also feel horribly selfish. I worry that the baby can somehow detect my thoughts and it's "hearing" me think these awful things. Still, it doesn't make it much easier. I know I'll be happy either way and DH is doing a really great job at pointing out how wonderful a son would be. I hope you get what you want when your time comes, dear. I really do. :)

Is this your last baby? How many do you have?
Thank you :)
Did you try to sway at all or do you not believe in it?

I

It's my first baby, so it's even crazier that I have such a strong preference. I keep telling myself I should be happy with what I get! And, I will be. But, still. :wacko: I didn't try any swaying, though I read about it and I do wonder if it works.

I

It's my first baby, so it's even crazier that I have such a strong preference. I keep telling myself I should be happy with what I get! And, I will be. But, still. :wacko: I didn't try any swaying, though I read about it and I do wonder if it works.

I really wanted my first to be a girl and I was worried in the scan waiting room thinking bet its a boy but I got my wish then. With 2nd I just thought so much it was a boy and even though I did/do want a boy I wasn't sad just shocked. I worry about that my next because it will be our last that if I will feel the disappointment at first.
How many do you plan to have?

I

I really wanted my first to be a girl and I was worried in the scan waiting room thinking bet its a boy but I got my wish then. With 2nd I just thought so much it was a boy and even though I did/do want a boy I wasn't sad just shocked. I worry about that my next because it will be our last that if I will feel the disappointment at first.
How many do you plan to have?

I totally see why'd you feel that way. I hope it's a boy for you when you decide to have another one! I'm sure when we hold our babies, all of these thoughts will be gone. I plan on having two. My husband and I are both from families of two, so we may shoot for that. Of course, you never know. :)

30mum, I go on the 15th for my NT scan. I will be 12w4d.

Same gestation as i was then :), hope you get a good nub shot :thumbup: thats if you want a peak of course?!

I hope I get one too, but when I looked back through my 12 week scan with my boys, I didn't have a clear nub shot and this is the same office so I'm not getting my hopes up. Is it silly to mention it to the sonographer to see if she will try to get one?! lol

Yes could be worth mentioning, i think the US is more informed of the nub compared to the Uk, i got good ones coincidentally with no'2 and 3,but not no' 1..

Welcome Heather
Congrats Miley so glad you're gd had disappeared.
Good luck to those awaiting scans.
I think it's normal after a few boys to not really believe it is a girl, especial if you really wanted one.
Society's expectations have a lot to answer for. I think for a lot of people it's this idea that you are not complete without both genders or that you'll have a better bond with a daughter and you're son will leave you the moment he meets a girl.
I think so much of it is how you raise them, and the rest is individual personalities and whether you just clash or you gel. I know that sounds weird in regards to your own child but if you are both during willed people and as they get older their opinion on things is very different to yours you may find that you don't get along quite as easily with them as you would expect. I also think your own personality dictates what you get out of having a child of either gender. I know what I wanted from a girl was just a bit of variety, to shop in a different section and try my hand at girls hair styles. I find the madness and constant noise and activities of boys so much fun. When I stayed at a friend's over new years, she has 2 girls. One into girly stuff the other a real Tom boy and I found the one who offered boys things so much more fun. I think the appeal of a girl for me is because it's something I don't have and I want to experience everything. But I can set if someone was a real girly girl why the idea of a girl would be more fun, to do those princess things. It would honestly bore me to sit playing with bratz folks all afternoon when I could be running around with captain America shelf firing at an imaginary Loki. I think at the end of it all I'm better suited to boys. I always swore before DS 4 that if I had a girl she wouldn't wear pink and frilly dresses and that. It was only after I wanted a girl that I even looked at those things.
If live to say that in a few years I'll have another and sway for a girl like DH says but I seriously doubt it. I don't think house and money wise it would work. But the more time that passes the happier I am with the decision. When I stayed with my friend I felt no jealousy or sadness over the girl I don't have.

I asked for a nub shot at my 12 week scan, she said we don't do that here I the uk but when I looked at my pics I had 2 great shots so worth asking :) x

I just don't want to seem like a crazy person haha. But I think if I explain I have 2 boys and this is our last and i'm just eager to see any gender clues she might grow a soft spot for that, maybe?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->