The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Thanks hun, you know what its like when you get something in your head!

Yes, I absolutely do. I'm sure it's difficult to wrap your head around having a girl!

Defo, prob won't believe it until baby is here! And then still it will surprise me from time to time!

Haha you'll go to do a diaper change and wonder where the willie is :haha:

yep, i said to dh thats going to be a whole different ball game...literally! :rofl:

I think this forum should be gender desire rather than disappointment. As no one loves their child less because of their gender, and it's more sorrow for what you are not getting rather than disappointment with what you are getting.

Haha you'll go to do a diaper change and wonder where the willie is :haha:

Or in my case if this is a little boy I will forget there's a willy! Not quite sure how to deal with one tbh.... That's not sounding how I hoped it would after all I am on my third baby so I can't be that much of a novice! But baby willys freak me out they have a mind of there own and look kinda funny! X

Miley, :haha: :rofl: You are cracking me up

Just watch out and cover it quickly as they DO have a mind of their own and love to spray people ;)

:rofl: miley yes willy's can have a mind of their own especially in the early days! but cleaning up is
pretty straight forward :)

I think this forum should be gender desire rather than disappointment. As no one loves their child less because of their gender, and it's more sorrow for what you are not getting rather than disappointment with what you are getting.

Couldn't put it better myself :)

Hi sort of don't feel right being here, I have 2 girls and not disappointed in their gender at all, when was pregnant with my 2nd who is only 3 months I really thought she was going to be a boy and would of loved a boy but its not disappointment as I wouldn't change my beautiful girl for anything.
We do want a 3rd and final child though that we don't plan to start trying for until Jan 2016, so would love a boy to complete our family. I know I would love a girl just as much but a little scared if I will feel the terrible guilt this time that the thought of disapointment of never having a boy. I know having/wanting a boy isn't my only reason of wanting a 3rd though.
I hear so much condradictive stuff but is it still 50/50 of having either boy or girl when you already have 2 of one sex? Some say it decreases but others say its always 50/50.
Who of you ladies believe in swaying methods? I've been looking it up and also very contradictive.

I could have written that hun and I'm sure most ladies on here would agree with you too :). I'd agree once you have 2 of one sex its still 50/50 the 3rd will be the same sex again. I'm going to give swaying a go, we figured we've nothing to lose, for us the 'worst' that could happen is we get another gorgeous boy, the bonus would be a girl, so figured its worth a shot! though I don't know masses about swaying as we're not going to ttc until probably jan 2016 either, maybe slightly sooner but probably not :) xx

Thanks for your reply :)
When you conceived your boy(s) do you know if it was the day of ovulation that you DTD to conceive? Just others say it was with theirs.

my 1st took 6mths to conceive, tbh we totally we just dtd really regularly right over ovulation, before and after to catch the egg. 2nd time we conceived the 1st mth and only dtd 3 times all month, although I'm pretty sure we did do it right around ovulation but I wasn't tracking to really know. I think we might give stopping dtd a few days before Ov a go for a couple mths and see what happens.

Ladies willies are dangerous :rofl:, I've never been peed in the face but both my sons have targeted themselves when we missed catching it :haha:

Hi sort of don't feel right being here, I have 2 girls and not disappointed in their gender at all, when was pregnant with my 2nd who is only 3 months I really thought she was going to be a boy and would of loved a boy but its not disappointment as I wouldn't change my beautiful girl for anything.
We do want a 3rd and final child though that we don't plan to start trying for until Jan 2016, so would love a boy to complete our family. I know I would love a girl just as much but a little scared if I will feel the terrible guilt this time that the thought of disapointment of never having a boy. I know having/wanting a boy isn't my only reason of wanting a 3rd though.
I hear so much condradictive stuff but is it still 50/50 of having either boy or girl when you already have 2 of one sex? Some say it decreases but others say its always 50/50.
Who of you ladies believe in swaying methods? I've been looking it up and also very contradictive.

I could have written that hun and I'm sure most ladies on here would agree with you too :). I'd agree once you have 2 of one sex its still 50/50 the 3rd will be the same sex again. I'm going to give swaying a go, we figured we've nothing to lose, for us the 'worst' that could happen is we get another gorgeous boy, the bonus would be a girl, so figured its worth a shot! though I don't know masses about swaying as we're not going to ttc until probably jan 2016 either, maybe slightly sooner but probably not :) xx

Thanks for your reply :)
When you conceived your boy(s) do you know if it was the day of ovulation that you DTD to conceive? Just others say it was with theirs.

my 1st took 6mths to conceive, tbh we totally we just dtd really regularly right over ovulation, before and after to catch the egg. 2nd time we conceived the 1st mth and only dtd 3 times all month, although I'm pretty sure we did do it right around ovulation but I wasn't tracking to really know. I think we might give stopping dtd a few days before Ov a go for a couple mths and see what happens.

Ladies willies are dangerous :rofl:, I've never been peed in the face but both my sons have targeted themselves when we missed catching it :haha:

I think also going to give a go for a few months when we start ttc only DTD when unprotected once I get a positive opk. I might be TTC as early as September once my youngest turns 1 but depending on things like my weight loss and other things.

Congratulations mummyof1 how exciting! And pink ribbon on your gorgeous son <3

Motherofboys its lovely to hear you are bonding happily with your boys and are in a good place.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling, had my first 'it's a girl' dream and I just remember feeling relieved :-( I don't want to, I want to feel over the moon happy regardless.
I'm anxious and having a lot of nightmares, I think I am afraid of being disappointed.

I worry about having a 3rd so much, and that it'll make things difficult, that being pregnant is taking me away from my boys, that I can't possibly love another baby as much as them.

I know this is the last for certain, definitely the most of what we can manage!

I'm never like this in pregnancy, I'm usually really productive and clear-headed. Barely a whiff of nausea this pregnancy (each time it's been less).

Just wanted to join this group. :) I'm expecting my first and, for some reason, am really wanting a girl. They just seem like more fun - though I know I have no reason to feel this way since I don't have any kids. No one really gets how I feel, aside from my husband, and I'm afraid to talk to anyone about it so I'm really glad I found this group.

We go in on Thursday of this week to find out what we're having. I've been trying to prepare myself by picking a boy's name, looking at boy clothes, and even planning a cute nursery in my head. It's helping, but I'm still afraid I'll have a look of disappointment on my face when the tech announces the gender to us. I would hate for her to see that and judge me for it.

I'm so glad this group exists. It made me feel so much more normal reading through the threads. Best wishes to everyone!

I think things are always better when people are honest about their feelings. We all love our kids so much :) and obviously a healthy baby is the outcome everyone wants as priority.
I wish I'd been more honest with myself last time as I think it would've been easier for me, it's a hard thing to talk about but I'm so glad this group exists.

I was talking about my baby more today and truly felt excited about another boy. It's so back and forth. A lot of this desire is created by societies expectations and family ones.

We had our gender scan today! We're having a little boy! Any GD I had has vanished I'm so in love with our first son!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
Aww congratulations, what a cutie! He is going to be so spoiled by his big sisters :haha:

aw wow congrats mileymamma!

heather, good luck Thursday, I was hoping for a girl before I had my first son, secretly inside I don't think I vocalised it to anyone, when we found out I had a teeny smidgen of 'oh its not a girl' but I kinda think I'd have felt that way if it'd been the other way round about it not being a boy. 2nd time round I wanted a girl more with already having 1 boy, therefore stayed team yellow and it was the best decision as I honestly didn't care when he was born what sex he was, whereas I think I'd have been a bit disappointed if I'd found out at scan. Hope you get your princess but you really won't mind once your holding that baby :) xx

So I go thru these stages of it's really a girl then thinking he made a mistake even though he showed me the girl bits and said he was 100% then I'm ok and I've already finished her bedroom etc and now I'm getting neurvous again :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->