The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

aw wow congrats mileymamma!

heather, good luck Thursday, I was hoping for a girl before I had my first son, secretly inside I don't think I vocalised it to anyone, when we found out I had a teeny smidgen of 'oh its not a girl' but I kinda think I'd have felt that way if it'd been the other way round about it not being a boy. 2nd time round I wanted a girl more with already having 1 boy, therefore stayed team yellow and it was the best decision as I honestly didn't care when he was born what sex he was, whereas I think I'd have been a bit disappointed if I'd found out at scan. Hope you get your princess but you really won't mind once your holding that baby :) xx

:wave: Caro, I have been lurking here for a while! (We're in similar situations as we've talked briefly before about it).

Hello girls, I am complicated, I have 2 boys and don't really really want a girl but I always think what am I missing. Motherofboys explained it well in that it's society's expectation. I get asked all the time if I will try for a girl, my best friend always tells me I'm missing out not having a girl. My mother always seems to point out the pretty girls dresses too and once said "oh I wish you'd had a girl look at all these lovely clothes. It made me a bit sad, that she was disappointed I had 2 boys.
We are contemplating a 3rd and I think I would like a girl this time, I had a pang of disappointment when I was told boy with my second (which didn't last long) so I'm wondering if I'm just trying to protect myself by saying I don't want a girl incase I never get one! But then I can easily see myself with 3 boys and that makes me happy too so I don't know!
Sorry for waffling

Welcome. When I'm on the laptop I'll add you and Heather to the front page. I think I still need to up date on pink ribbon too do must do that. I was really pleased with my first and second meeting boys, my 3rd I felt like "oh not yet then" but that was it. But the pressure to have a girl got to me I guess and made me want one more than I ever really did

I found it hard to imagine having a boy after 2 girls, and although I originally joined this thread wanting a third girl I'm happy I get to venture out and have a boy, I never really felt I was missing out on boy stuff though it's strange but now looking back I'm glad we're having a boy and think I may of been a little disappointed having a girl and never experiencing a boy as this is our last baby, I think it's only natural though to be curious of having a child of the opposite sex especially when they are so so different.

I
I TOTALLY get that. I also feel horribly selfish. I worry that the baby can somehow detect my thoughts and it's "hearing" me think these awful things. Still, it doesn't make it much easier. I know I'll be happy either way and DH is doing a really great job at pointing out how wonderful a son would be. I hope you get what you want when your time comes, dear. I really do. :)

Is this your last baby? How many do you have?
Thank you :)
Did you try to sway at all or do you not believe in it?

It's my first baby, so it's even crazier that I have such a strong preference. I keep telling myself I should be happy with what I get! And, I will be. But, still. :wacko: I didn't try any swaying, though I read about it and I do wonder if it works.

I really wanted my first to be a girl and I was worried in the scan waiting room thinking bet its a boy but I got my wish then. With 2nd I just thought so much it was a boy and even though I did/do want a boy I wasn't sad just shocked. I worry about that my next because it will be our last that if I will feel the disappointment at first.
How many do you plan to have?

I totally see why'd you feel that way. I hope it's a boy for you when you decide to have another one! I'm sure when we hold our babies, all of these thoughts will be gone. I plan on having two. My husband and I are both from families of two, so we may shoot for that. Of course, you never know. :)

Thank you. I hope you get your girl :)
We originally wanted just 2 but because of the massive age gap between my daughters we have changed our minds and now want 3 so that my youngest and 3rd are closer in age.

Welcome. When I'm on the laptop I'll add you and Heather to the front page. I think I still need to up date on pink ribbon too do must do that. I was really pleased with my first and second meeting boys, my 3rd I felt like "oh not yet then" but that was it. But the pressure to have a girl got to me I guess and made me want one more than I ever really did

Can you add me too please? 2 girls hoping for a boy :)

i think its completely normal kaicee after a number of boys, i panic daily and keep looking at my scan pics!
not long for you now is it?

At least you ladies understand :)
I have another ultrasound next Tuesday to check her weight because of the diabetes I'll be 30 weeks and I have to keep an eye out for my high blood pressure and I'm still throwing up daily which really sucks and I pretty muc have migraines everyday :( but I'm having a cesarian so if she's too big I might be having her around feb 28 instead of march 21 the won't let me go 40 weeks thats for sure

I found it hard to imagine having a boy after 2 girls, and although I originally joined this thread wanting a third girl I'm happy I get to venture out and have a boy, I never really felt I was missing out on boy stuff though it's strange but now looking back I'm glad we're having a boy and think I may of been a little disappointed having a girl and never experiencing a boy as this is our last baby, I think it's only natural though to be curious of having a child of the opposite sex especially when they are so so different.

I think you are very lucky to have both, I think boys initially get a raw deal - people think they are always fighting and rolling in mud but really They are so fun and lovely!! A lot of people say they are more cuddley then girls! That's why I wouldn't be sad to have another boy I think I would just like to experience a girl too! Knowing my luck I will get a girl who hates pretty dresses and likes rolling in mud :haha:

I find out (hopefully) what we're having today, and I'm so nervous. Every time I think about it, I feel like I'm going to throw up! Not just because I'm nervous about finding out the gender (because I definitely am), but because I'm worried about everything else. Before any appointment, I get so nervous that something will be wrong. Since I can't feel kicks or movement yet, I have no proof that the baby is still going strong and I tend to get super anxious. Ugh! Just counting down the hours.

Try not to stress, everything well be A ok!!!!

I know it's hard though. Part of your job as a mommy is to worry. Hugs!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'm in kind of a funk right now. We went in for the ultrasound and most importantly, the baby is healthy and active. I'm thrilled with that, obviously! The tech was immediately convinced she knew what the gender was. "That's a little boy," she cooed. Honestly, I'm not proud of the way I reacted. I said nothing. I stared at the screen while my DH filled in the silence with gasps and excitement. I immediately went into the bathroom afterwards and cried. I made sure DH didn't see me crying, but I was quite upset.

To make me feel better, we went shopping immediately after. We picked out three boy outfits (included one in this post), and it really helped me.

DH spent the night talking about all the positives - less drama, no PMS (apparently, he can only handle one dramatic girl in the house, haha!), someone to build things with. We also planned out the nursery - an adventure/planes, trains, and automobiles theme with clouds and vintage trucks.

I feel so guilty for being sad, even if it was only for 10 minutes. I'm SO beyond happy to have this baby and I know that many people struggle for years to have one. I know some never have them. To have a baby on our first cycle of trying is a miracle, and I'm not taking that for granted. I'd hate for that to be misunderstood.

Now, I'm just busying myself with trying to read all about the benefits of having little boys. I'm sure there are plenty.

Thanks for listening to my story! Feels great to have an outlet for sharing my thoughts.

PS - I think we've picked a name, too! The name Russell has always stuck out to me (mainly because of the little boy from the Pixar movie "Up"). We were driving to the store after I'd received the news and I was in a haze. I looked out the window and saw a Russell Stover chocolate store. The sign on the store was one that is lit - like neon - but every single part of the sign was out except "Russell." It illuminated the night, and it felt right. :)

https://s30.postimg.org/xzycov06p/IMG_20150108_211438_1.jpg

Aw that's so cute. And honestly you will love having a boy. I agree with the point someone else made that boys often get the rough end of the stick, with people assuming that they are harder work and little terrors just because they are boys when really it's just their personality. They are all so different, but the main thing is that who ever they are you're going to love them because they're your baby.
If each of us were told we could go back and do it all again, have the same number of children on the same dates, but the only difference would be that you could choose gender I'm pretty sure no one would change the gender of any of their kids. I mean how do you pick one and say you'll have a different one instead if that one? I can not imagine my life without any of mine, even with another child in their place. I'd just have liked to add another I between ds3 and ds4. And that could have been my girl lol I've always loved the idea of starting and finishing with a boy

Aw hun, HUGS to you. Don't feel bad. We all know what you mean. We know you are grateful for this pregnancy (HEALTHY!) and this sweet baby boy. We know you don't mean you won't love him just like you would've loved a little girl.
I am sorry you didn't get the gender your heart desired. I feel I will have that same fate when I have my gender scan in a few short weeks.
I am a momma to two boys and I will tell you that I love having my momma's boys :) It's a beautiful bond.
Do you care to share any scan pics?

Aw heather, congratulations on your little boy and I'm so glad he is healthy! You are totally allowed to feel how you are feeling and isn't it great you can write it down here!
I think it's better to find out now to get used to it and honestly the minute he is born you will love him to bits and wouldn't swap him for any girl! A few months later - he will be your world.
Boys are such fun and so so loving, they really are a joy and I know ladies previously who had wanted a girl but had a boy and later said they were so so glad!
Boys and girls are both lovely, it's only whats between their legs that are different.
It annoys me when people say a daughter is for life, a son is until he gets a wife..um excuse me who's to say that you will get on with your daughter? Who says they will like wearing dresses? Who says your daughter won't get to a stroppy teenager and not talk to her mum. (I know boys do this too).
I have 2 boys and enjoy buying their clothes, I hardly ever buy Browns and dark colours, I dress them in bright reds, greens, turquoise..colours that I personally like anyway! There really is some totally cute boys clothes out there you just have to look a bit more for it!
Personally I feel safer having boys, I always think about when they are teenagers, a girl would scare me I think Lol.
I got over my pang of GD by feeding off my OHs joy, he was so so pleased to get boys that I felt like I had given him the best gift ever. Take on your OHs enthusiasm and embrace it.
Big hugs, did you get a picture of your little man?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->