The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

ahh congrats on your little boy, its true boys are great such fun. me and ds2 are particularly close and i don't see that changing just because i suddenly have a daughter!
also dh is closer to his mum than i am to mine so it certainly doesn't need to change once they marry either :)

Thank you all so, so, so much for understanding and sharing such kind words. It helps tremendously to have people to talk to. Aside from my husband, no one knows how badly I wanted a girl and I was afraid to talk about it. So glad I found this place! I'm coming to terms with my little boy and can't wait to meet him. DH and I love camping, being outdoors, and going to basketball games - thinking maybe a boy would be more fun to do those things with. :)

I do have pictures, but I left them at home on accident. I will post them when I get back tonight! The "potty shot" seems like there's no denying he's a boy, and I hope it's right because I won't be able to handle the ups and downs of it being wrong.

Thanks again, everyone!

Congratulations on your son, I cried when I got out to, even tho I said I didn't mind at the time I really was thinking please be pink, in fact as soon as I got in the car I broke down but after an hour I was ok, I bought him some outfits yesterday which was strange as I have pink shopped for 8 years, I feel do guilty for crying but I couldn't help it and it didn't help we had our parents there and his dad was over the moon it's a boy, I too keep thinking of all the positives but it's sunk in now. We chose a name for him last night and that has helped too. We are calling him Kitt Anthony John so now he has an identity :) congratulations again, we can be on our boy journey together :) xxx

Congratulations on your son, I cried when I got out to, even tho I said I didn't mind at the time I really was thinking please be pink, in fact as soon as I got in the car I broke down but after an hour I was ok, I bought him some outfits yesterday which was strange as I have pink shopped for 8 years, I feel do guilty for crying but I couldn't help it and it didn't help we had our parents there and his dad was over the moon it's a boy, I too keep thinking of all the positives but it's sunk in now. We chose a name for him last night and that has helped too. We are calling him Kitt Anthony John so now he has an identity :) congratulations again, we can be on our boy journey together :) xxx

Kitt, how cute! I love how we both eased our disappointment with outfit shopping, haha. I'm glad I have someone to take this boy journey with! It's sunk in for me now, I think, and I'm starting to get excited. Congratulations on your baby, by the way!

Congrats on your boy! They truely are amazing, mine are all so different! They love all the boy things with their dad but love to do the stuff I like to do too! I'm like you and like to camp, fish, baseball, cooking, all kinds of thing and my boys love to cook with mom! We got our middle son an apron and cooking supplies with a cookbook for Christmas and he loves to use them :) I totally agree it makes no difference boy or girl they will love what you love because it's your time together! I also disagree about once a man gets married they leave their mom. My dh takes to his mother a few times a week so they are very close. Can't wait for you to experience all the wonderful things that little boy will bring to your life :)

Congrats heather!
I do agree that with kids, the only difference is what's between their legs. The hormonal differences aren't even activated until puberty, and in my anatomy and physiology class we learned that the hormones are exactly the same between sexes until then. So I think it's pretty safe to say that our little one's personalities would be almost identical if they happened to be the other sex. :) After puberty, who knows though, lol.

My daughter loves trains, cars, trucks, blocks, and roughhousing with dad. I'm a tomboy myself. We mostly dress her in boy clothes because I can't stand pink frilly things and dresses, so she's mistaken for a boy when we go out. Not that I mind. Evaluating the reasons for wanting another girl, it's not because I like any of the stereotypical girl activities -- princesses, pink, lots of dolls -- no way. I just think that as they grow older, two of the same sex would get along better and have more in common, especially as they're navigating puberty. I'm fairly certain I'd want another boy if I had a boy first... and if I do end up having a boy (we're finding out next month at birth), I will snap at anyone who says "at least you have one of each." Grrr!

I do think that both DH and I are getting over it though, or at least starting to. We have a name that we love that we'd be sad not to use, and that's been the main thing that's helped. What doesn't help is that I've developed a strong intuition that I'm having a girl, so I do sort of worry about being disappointed at the birth...

aw wow congrats mileymamma!

heather, good luck Thursday, I was hoping for a girl before I had my first son, secretly inside I don't think I vocalised it to anyone, when we found out I had a teeny smidgen of 'oh its not a girl' but I kinda think I'd have felt that way if it'd been the other way round about it not being a boy. 2nd time round I wanted a girl more with already having 1 boy, therefore stayed team yellow and it was the best decision as I honestly didn't care when he was born what sex he was, whereas I think I'd have been a bit disappointed if I'd found out at scan. Hope you get your princess but you really won't mind once your holding that baby :) xx

:wave: Caro, I have been lurking here for a while! (We're in similar situations as we've talked briefly before about it).

Hello girls, I am complicated, I have 2 boys and don't really really want a girl but I always think what am I missing. Motherofboys explained it well in that it's society's expectation. I get asked all the time if I will try for a girl, my best friend always tells me I'm missing out not having a girl. My mother always seems to point out the pretty girls dresses too and once said "oh I wish you'd had a girl look at all these lovely clothes. It made me a bit sad, that she was disappointed I had 2 boys.
We are contemplating a 3rd and I think I would like a girl this time, I had a pang of disappointment when I was told boy with my second (which didn't last long) so I'm wondering if I'm just trying to protect myself by saying I don't want a girl incase I never get one! But then I can easily see myself with 3 boys and that makes me happy too so I don't know!
Sorry for waffling

:hi: kath, fancy bumping into you here!

congratulations on your little boy Heather, you already sound like you're seeing all the positives little boys bring :) xx

Sorry I've not had a chance to up date the front page yet.
Feronia that is really interesting. Everyone talks about boys and girls as if they are different species and how their child of whatever sex was so much harder to deal with than the other because of their gender. And when their girls strop it's because of their hormones and when their boys are bouncing around it's hormones making them naturally rougher. Of course they ignore the fact that there's a girl bouncing with them or a boy sitting quietly reading in the corner etc

Also my ds2 loves cooking. It calms him too so has been a great tool. He sometimes gets carried away and has trouble controlling his impulses. At these times anything that's near his feet will be used to "practice football skills" which basically means kicking and flicking things into the air. There are other things too. But when he gets to the point where it's like he has tuned out and isn't actually there (his eyes glaze over and everything) one of us will go "hey do you want to help make dinner?" Or "shall we make a cake?" Or whatever, and his there. And he never ever messes around while cooking. He says he wants to be a chef when he grows up.

Congratulations on the baby boys Kitt and Russell! Love their names :)

We have our boy ne picked and I love it, it's perfect and will be a shame not to use it if it is a girl.

I love having two boys, they are so sweet with each other and slowly growing into the best of friends.

That's so cute, motherofboys. :) There are so many activities and hobbies where I can't understand why they're "boy" or "girl" activities. I'm personally pretty bad at cooking, but DH is amazing so he home cooks all of our meals.
I do totally think that people often blame or praise the sex of their child for a certain trait that is actually based on personality or socialization.

I plan on getting all kids together playing, I don't mind if Kitt wants to play dolls or if thea want so play cars! As long as they are happy I am :)

I've always been open to them playing with whatever they want, but they have naturally gravitated towards 'boy' toys. There are so many make chefs and let's face it men have to feed themselves when they are single so why stop because they are married?! Dh does a lot of cooking here too.
I always used to prefer my brothers toys, they were way cooler.
I have a 5th boys name picked, just in case. And I'm a little sad as I had begun imagining him.
I'm expecting that in April when all my friends babies start arriving I will have a dip. But I'm sure that's normal.

My girls are both very girly but have had the option to play with whatever they like and thea likes boys films and some boys toys, she lobes the colour blue because of frozen and the girls have a half pink half blue bedroom and not the pink frilly one I would of loved them to have! But it makes them happy, my friend has a son and won't allow him a doll even tho he loves them and wants to play babies, she says her husband doesn't agree and think he shouldn't be playing with dolls and should have 'boy' toys which I feel is totally narrow minded and rather cruel tbh x

My girls are both very girly but have had the option to play with whatever they like and thea likes boys films and some boys toys, she lobes the colour blue because of frozen and the girls have a half pink half blue bedroom and not the pink frilly one I would of loved them to have! But it makes them happy, my friend has a son and won't allow him a doll even tho he loves them and wants to play babies, she says her husband doesn't agree and think he shouldn't be playing with dolls and should have 'boy' toys which I feel is totally narrow minded and rather cruel tbh x

My son loves playing with dolls, why not it's a baby!! It's like saying a real baby is for women only, and men can't cuddle it because that would make them 'gay'.
I've heard that before - why let your son play with dolls, he'll be gay!! Really?? :haha: - and if he is gay so be it!!
I saw a picture recently along those lines but it said 'no it will just make him a good father' :thumbup:

my boys have dolls, a toy kitchen, pushchairs, dollies clothes etc, they love playing with them! they also have cars and tools etc but I can't imagine a girl wouldn't like also playing with those too. I do love toys like playmobil and duplo/lego though as they're really gender neutral (accept for I've noticed they're started to produce a pink range and a darker range clearly aimed at specific genders but we haven't bought any of those). My step sisters husband is likeyour friend Mileymamma, their son isn't allowed any dolls, irons, kitchens or cleaning type toys, I find it really sad, I'd say one of my boys favourite and most played with toys is the mop and broom, I guess because they actually work to sweep etc! and what are they worried will happen if he plays with those toys...that he'll become a young man who can look after himself and a house...how terrible ;)!! x

My son loves playing with dolls, why not it's a baby!! It's like saying a real baby is for women only, and men can't cuddle it because that would make them 'gay'.
I've heard that before - why let your son play with dolls, he'll be gay!! Really?? :haha: - and if he is gay so be it!!
I saw a picture recently along those lines but it said 'no it will just make him a good father' :thumbup:

Exactly! If my boy wants dollies he can have them! If he wants to wear a dress that's not a problem I won't ever worry about what others think, as long as my children are happy individuals I will be proud!

I saw the picture that said about making him a good father. My friend said that when she bought her son a pram and my nan used to say it all the time. I would buy them for my boys if they wanted them, but I don't agree with the theory that it makes them a good dad. Dh, his brother and their father never played with dolls, and they are all brilliant fathers. My brother had his own dolls and pram etc and he hasn't seem his daughter for about 6 years (she's 9) and for 2.5 years before that he saw her 2-3 times a year. He'd phone, promise to visit, she'd get excited and he wouldn't turn up. So again I think it's a personality thing, as well as the values you bring them up with. I think my mum was a big influence in him abandoning his daughter (and can I just say here how bloody unfair that has seemed at times. That he gets a baby girl and can't be bothered to see her while I desperately wanted one and didn't get one)

I love reading about how boys sometimes take on "girl" activities. Why they are separated into girl/boy activities I don't understand, but still! DH loves to cook, so I'm hoping my LO will join him in the kitchen. I think one of the main reasons I wanted a girl was so she could craft with me. But, who says my son can't join me? I'm starting to feel better about that. :)

I'm not sure what to do about this, though. We were going to wait to announce that we're having a boy until my anatomy scan on the 20th (to make sure he's still a boy!) But, now we're getting impatient and want to announce! My fear is that my doctor will say it's a girl at the next scan instead. Since it was a private ultrasound at 17 weeks, I'm just worried. Do you think it's accurate at 17 weeks?

I have photos of his "bits." I can post them tonight (weird to say I'll post photos of that...) in case anyone is really good at telling for sure. DH says he's positive we saw his boy parts, though. Just a bit worried, I guess!

I had a scan at 16 +5 with ds4 and it was very obvious he was a boy. i didn't get a photo but did get a dvd and watched it back hoping to see some sign she was wrong but when i did i couldn't deny it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->