The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Right I THINK I've updated everything. If I missed someone or put someone in the wrong place please tell me. Also if you spot a name and know how they are getting on but they haven't come back to update us will you let me know. I'm always curious to know how it turned out

heather, I had a scan at 17w with my last one and it was extremely obvious he was a he! go ahead and post pic for us to see :)

I would say a boy is pretty obvious, didn't have a scan at 16/17 weeks with either boy but with ds2 it was obvious even at 12wk scan and i saw it straight away when she did a quick scan of the body first off at 20wks. with ds1 we were team yellow so looked away when she was in that area!
Feel free to post pics :)

heather I do know of 1 person that was told boy for her 4th child and then at the 20 week scan it was actually a girl, however I think she was more like 15weeks for the 'boy' scan, however I think that's really really rare and its much more likely to be told girl and actually its a boy. My mum's a midwife and said she's been to several little boys now who have very pink nurseries :/...now that's gotta be a shock!

and my DS1 absolutely loves crafty things :), he's 4 in april and will now spend ages creating all sorts of pictures and models, we can spend quite a lot of time together doing them :)

a mum at school recently was told girl and gave birth to a boy. I think its much less common the other way round but I know someone from another site where she was told boy and it was a girl. There was something in the way and on the scan pic you could clearly see it wasn't attached down there. Feel free to post a picture

I've attached a photo of the baby's bits. Unfortunately, it's the only photo we have so I'm hoping it's enough to tell for sure. I'd rest a lot easier if it turns out it's obvious he's a boy! :D

Attachments

• itsaboy.jpg
    itsaboy.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 21
It's not obvious to me it's a boy, it's actually a very confusing shot for me, but I'm not an expert!

I really hate when people talk about gender mistakes because I was told girl after having 4 boys and I go in tomorrow for my 30 weeks ultrasound and I'll be devestated if they say boy after saying girl 100% and showing me her bits especiLly since the room is done I have so much anxiety

Congratulations on your little boy Heather <3 I was given a strange picture (not typical potty shot either) of my son's bits, but he is all boy! I *think* I can see the penis on your pic :haha:

I think a see a willy too but not classic pottyshot?

Very anxious here too Kaicee :hugs:

Again not the classic potty shot but I do see what looks like boys bits. The sonographer would have seen for longer and with movement of the baby so would have a better idea. But if I had to guess I'd say boy.

It's not often, at all, that they get the gender wrong at a gender u/s. In fact, I've known dozens and dozens of pregnant women, and I've never known someone personally that has been told wrong.
I've obviously heard of it, but it's really not common. Have faith in the professional sonographer that told you the gender! I feel certain it's a boy!! :thumbup::flower:

I've known one in real life that I met at a parent group who had a boy after being told girl. She took it very well though did take him home in pink babygrows!

It's not looking likely that we'll be able to afford the extra scan (hospital won't tell gender) so I may have another 30 weeks to wait!

I was told 100% girl at 21 weeks I'm now almost 31 weeks so if something has changed which I doubt this mommy will be very mad !

Kaiecee - I know the feeling of having anxiety about the gender. That's why I'm so nervous. I wanted a little girl like crazy, but when I found out I was having a boy everything changed and now I'm in love with the idea. I'm terrified of finding out otherwise. Hope your ultrasound went well today and you got to see your little girl again! :)

EmyDra - I'm sorry to hear that. I hope something works out and you are able to go in. Sending positive vibes your way!

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm worried that I'll go in next week and they'll say it's not a boy... so I think I'll wait to announce until after that day. DH is chomping at the bit to announce, though. My little boy already has me wrapped around his finger, so I guess I'm just anxious. The ultrasound tech did say it was a guarantee that it's a boy, so I'm hanging on that hope!

sounds pretty definite heather.

I'm sure the others ladies are also correct, especially if the sonographer is really confident, I bet most mistakes are when the sonographers not confident they've got it right. I know someone who was told it was 60/40 it was a girl, to me that's really not much better than just staying team yellow as really could go either way! if you're told 100% girl then I doubt they're wrong :) xx

So I had another dr this time around and she refuses to say 100% but she says it's definetly a girl and she's 98-99% sure so I think I can calm down and just enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy knowing our little girl will be here soon

I've been feeling really happy and positive about boy number 3 this week. My kids are just gorgeous and this one will be too :) first US is a week today and just hoping it's all good news. I've never got a nub shot but I'll share it if I do :)

If it's a girl the 'steal your beauty' myth is true! My skin is just never spotty and I keep getting them. Bleugh!

Husband has said he would like a little girl now and that he does think that's what it is. He chose our girls name and persuaded me so would make sense :)

Kaiecee - I think with those odds and different opinions there's a wee girl in there! But I would still be worrying in your position. No one wants to bond with one gender and be told another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->