The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

I soooo envy all of you ladies with all of these boys! I would love to have a house full of boys! Lol I have two girls 1 boy and praying for another boy! If not I will keep going until I get 4 boys total (just seems like a good number of boys To have!) lol my grandmother says Girl and she has yet to be wrong and the chinese calendar also says girl.... But hopefully God is working a miracle. I just got my BFP a week ago

Hope you all don't mind me joining the thread

It's always relieving to me to hear people say they want a boy when they already have one. Since I was so opposed to having a boy (mainly because I'm naive and assumed they were hard to raise), hearing all these people praise little boys has helped me come to terms with it! Hoping you get another one! Congrats on your BFP!

Hi heather! Yes , having the two girls and one boy has made me realize how precious and lovely little girls are but has also made me realize how much easier the boys are to raise! My girls are very emotional and sensitive and need LOTS of attention, my son is much less emotional and does his own thing. I love my girls to death but two is quite enough pink for us to deal with right now! Haha

How many do you have ? Sorry I missed that ... I'm trying to go back through the thread to catch up now

I was just speaking to a mummy of 3 grown up children, 2 boys and a girl and she really said the girl threw her! The boys were calm and easygoing but the daughter had such an attitude it was a shock to the system!

I always wanted 2 boys and 1 girl, tops I will have one girl now and I'm fine with that :) if I was having twins i'd want B/G twins :)

Hopin4 nub is just nub so there's still a chance it could go either way, but I'd definitely prepare for a wee dude, the pics are absolutely beautiful <3
Im scared of feeling disappointment but I know it'll be short lived. Wanna bond and snuggle my baby :)

Emy, thank you. I am settling into the fact that it's likely a boy, that nub is so clear isn't it? I would be very shocked if I hear anything but boy. But I am ok with that the more I think of it, the more I feel like maybe it's a good thing for the flow of our household, I know everything happens like it's supposed to.

I think DH is having a harder time with it than I am, he's in MAJOR denial about the nub, he thinks it's still a girl - I know nubs aren't everything but to me this nub isn't even really questionable. He wants to have a 4th baby if this one is a boy. We will see. I don't know how I feel about it. Difficult not to ask myself the question, would we have a 4th child if this one was a girl? Probably not, so why would we if this is a boy? You can't just keep having children hoping for a specific gender, there's no guarantee I wouldn't have 4 boys. So there are lots of questions to answer before we even consider it. But right now I feel like 3 is enough for me.

Hopin- I hope a miracle comes through and the nub was simply your baby girl still developing :flower:

if not I'm glad you are coming to terms with it, it is encouraging

Hi heather! Yes , having the two girls and one boy has made me realize how precious and lovely little girls are but has also made me realize how much easier the boys are to raise! My girls are very emotional and sensitive and need LOTS of attention, my son is much less emotional and does his own thing. I love my girls to death but two is quite enough pink for us to deal with right now! Haha

How many do you have ? Sorry I missed that ... I'm trying to go back through the thread to catch up now

This is my first! So, I know I have plenty of time to get my princess, I just thought it would be nice to have her first. Having a son first means my second kiddo will have a protective older brother, though - which is cute. :)

Heck yes that little girl will be so lucky! And in hopins case that little girl will be soooo protected , if she decides to try again! I'm so jealous haha

Lol I feel the same if this little one comes out as a girl, there won't be a chance for a boyfriend! Lol 3 older brothers, 2 that are already over protective of the youngest boy, and they are wrestlers hahaha!

My little sister just posted on FB a pic of her and her daughter getting manicures together (she's 1y.o.)....I felt a pang of jealousy :(

I have come to realize that if I had all girls I would wish for a boy too. I just think there are so many differences in each gender that you wish you could experience it all if that makes sense. I am a tad jealous of her because she has a boy and a girl. Feels really immature to say that though.

My little sister just posted on FB a pic of her and her daughter getting manicures together (she's 1y.o.)....I felt a pang of jealousy :(

I have come to realize that if I had all girls I would wish for a boy too. I just think there are so many differences in each gender that you wish you could experience it all if that makes sense. I am a tad jealous of her because she has a boy and a girl. Feels really immature to say that though.

I don't think you sound immature, I feel exactly the same, my sister has 2 girls 1 boy and I feel jealous too because I would love to have a boy.

Hello girls, I am complicated, I have 2 boys and don't really really want a girl but I always think what am I missing. Motherofboys explained it well in that it's society's expectation. I get asked all the time if I will try for a girl, my best friend always tells me I'm missing out not having a girl. My mother always seems to point out the pretty girls dresses too and once said "oh I wish you'd had a girl look at all these lovely clothes. It made me a bit sad, that she was disappointed I had 2 boys.
We are contemplating a 3rd and I think I would like a girl this time, I had a pang of disappointment when I was told boy with my second (which didn't last long) so I'm wondering if I'm just trying to protect myself by saying I don't want a girl incase I never get one! But then I can easily see myself with 3 boys and that makes me happy too so I don't know!
Sorry for waffling

Well so much for contemplating baby number 3!! Here I am newly pregnant. I got my BFP on Friday. This is the first time I have actually been thinking about a girl. My boys I knew from the start they were boys..this one hmmm. So here I am for the next few weeks wondering if I have a pink or blue!
A few uncertainties kicking in...IF I do have a girl, I worry for my boys that people won't pay them as much attention and will favour the girl. OH has also said he doesn't want a girl...he'd like a third boy. Jack my eldest keeps saying he wants a sister (even though he doesn't even know I'm pregnant). We were in Asda yesterday and I stupidly veered towards the baby girl clothes... So yeah mixed emotions here!

Hello girls, I am complicated, I have 2 boys and don't really really want a girl but I always think what am I missing. Motherofboys explained it well in that it's society's expectation. I get asked all the time if I will try for a girl, my best friend always tells me I'm missing out not having a girl. My mother always seems to point out the pretty girls dresses too and once said "oh I wish you'd had a girl look at all these lovely clothes. It made me a bit sad, that she was disappointed I had 2 boys.
We are contemplating a 3rd and I think I would like a girl this time, I had a pang of disappointment when I was told boy with my second (which didn't last long) so I'm wondering if I'm just trying to protect myself by saying I don't want a girl incase I never get one! But then I can easily see myself with 3 boys and that makes me happy too so I don't know!

Sorry for waffling

Well so much for contemplating baby number 3!! Here I am newly pregnant. I got my BFP on Friday. This is the first time I have actually been thinking about a girl. My boys I knew from the start they were boys..this one hmmm. So here I am for the next few weeks wondering if I have a pink or blue!
A few uncertainties kicking in...IF I do have a girl, I worry for my boys that people won't pay them as much attention and will favour the girl. OH has also said he doesn't want a girl...he'd like a third boy. Jack my eldest keeps saying he wants a sister (even though he doesn't even know I'm pregnant). We were in Asda yesterday and I stupidly veered towards the baby girl clothes... So yeah mixed emotions here!

Congrats on your bfp! X

congrats on your bfp.
hope all goes well emydra, hope to see some pics later? x

Congrats on your bfp

I agree with the point hopin made about if she had all girls she'd want a boy. I know that it would be so much harder for me to deal with all girls than all boys, so that's a positive there. But that's just me. I also know I'm the type of person who wants to experience everything. I want what I want and when I get it I want to try the other thing. So I wanted boys and I got them and suddenly felt I was missing out on girl things. I'm also a very impatient person. There is a song (I think by Queen) that my mum once said was 'my song' that goes "I want it all, and I want it now" of course as a parent I've learnt to put my own wants to the back of the line, but they are still there, waiting.
There are some things you just can't do with boys, as open minded as you can be about things, they do reach an age where they would rather be out playing sports or whatever, rather than having manicures that match mummy's lol

Having said that I've never had a manicure with my mum and would have rather been out getting muddy with my brothers so there's no guarantee lol

I've never had a manicure with my mum either!! You are absolutely right there are no guarantees at all. One of your boys might love shopping with you when he's older and I painted my little boys nails the other day :haha: (he asked). I'm fully expecting my third boy. I feel ok with it at the moment but wonder as scans approach the pangs will start!

Congratulations again Kath :).

Sooo just found out I have a niece, really excited for my bil and sil but def got a major pang of jealousy, it's their first baby, feels a bit unfair lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->