The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Congratulations again Kath :).

Sooo just found out I have a niece, really excited for my bil and sil but def got a major pang of jealousy, it's their first baby, feels a bit unfair lol

I feel the same when I found out my sister is pregnant with a boy even though its her first child I also felt a pang of jealousy because I want a boy, felt selfish though.

Congratulations again Kath :).

Sooo just found out I have a niece, really excited for my bil and sil but def got a major pang of jealousy, it's their first baby, feels a bit unfair lol

Thanks :) - I knew you would as I would too! All my pregnant friends recently I've been thinking please don't have a girl and they didn't thank goodness (so far).

thanks guys, I'm still feeling a bit jealous but getting over it a little. Went pink shopping today and it was really lovely picking stuff out for her! though it does make me determined to try swaying in the future...then am I setting myself up for further gd if we still get a little boy? or would I feel we'd tried everything and it's meant to be? probably the latter.

Hi thanks yes all was well. she made it hard for the tech to check her brain as she was head down, and in my pelvis...but after a little walk the tech got what she needed to see.
Here are some pics..:cloud9:

View attachment 839189

View attachment 839193

View attachment 839195

View attachment 839197

wow, what beautiful pics of your daughter! xx

Hmm it's obviously too late for me to sway now :haha: but I don't think I would. I think I would just leave it to nature and what will be will be! I'm not entirely convinced on it anyway and me personally I think I would be more gutted if I tried for a girl and didn't get one.
As I say the decision is out of my hands now.
Glad you enjoyed a bit of pink shopping, totally different world isn't it haha. (I have 2 nieces too) x

Anything that could make me think I had a higher chance of having desired gender would make it harder for me to accept so that's why we didn't sway.

I decided not to sway, although considered it.After various conversations i'm not sure there is much truth in it..still think its 50/50 everytime. The things i did differently this time don't seem to work for others unfortunately. :shrug:

I got my bfp yesterday :D we have a little girl Isabelle she's 3 (will be nearly 4 when little one is here)

We are really hoping for another girl... I know I would be happy either way but really swaying more towards a girl :D

I think mostly because of the bedroom situation, we only have 2 rooms have spent a lot the past year getting the house done so have no plans to move.. And I would love Isabelle to have the same relationship I have with my sister.. We have our moments but on the whole best friends x

Congrats highhopes! I've thought a lot about the room situation and how the sex of the kids affects it. Here, the law is 2 kids per room and different genders can't share the same room after the oldest is 5. However, so many people I know disregard that (admittedly stupid) law and have their boy-girl kids share a room until the oldest is around 8-10. We really want to stay in a 2-bedroom for a while, and we've decided that if our second is a boy then he will still share a room with my daughter for a long time.

wow can't believe there is a law for that!i shared with my brother until i was almost 10 and he was 7!

My friend had her son and daughter share till they were 6&7 then they got a extension (rather than moving) and both have their own room. They were always close as kids, are you UK Feronia? I've never heard that law before but that's no reason to believe it doesn't exist.

My friend had her son and daughter share till they were 6&7 then they got a extension (rather than moving) and both have their own room. They were always close as kids, are you UK Feronia? I've never heard that law before but that's no reason to believe it doesn't exist.

I'm in Canada and most recently saw it mentioned here: https://www.metrovancouver.org/services/housing/Pages/default.aspx

Apparently it's a "national housing standard." We were turned away from 1-bedroom apartments when we just had DD because they said it was a law that parents and children can't share a room. Of course we are all still bedsharing -- just in a 2-bedroom now. :dohh: It's ridiculous! I don't think there's any real policing of it once you have a place though.

Here if you own the house or privately rent it there isn't a rule as such but if you are in council/social housing then kids of opposite sex can't share after the oldest is 10. I shared with my brothers until I was 7.
With regards to swaying I was going to give it a go if we hard gone for another now because I wanted to be able to say that I had tried everything. I didn't want to look back when I got another boy and think "maybe if I'd done this or that"
I don't put much faith in it but there are aspects that make sense and I think as long as you don't pin all your hopes and go in to it fully aware then there's no harm in trying. Like they say, if you think you have a 80% chance of another boy, and swaying changes your odds to a 60% chance of another boy, it's still better odds. There are so many aspects to it though that it's not a straight forward "do this to increase your chances"
If you think you'd build your hopes up too much it's probably best not to sway.

I agree totally motherofboys........ Probably best not to sway if your pinning all your hopes on it working........ I did, swayed pink and ended up with my 3rd boy!

I think at the end of the day if swaying makes no difference then it can't hurt your chances to try it, if you aren't going to get you're hopes up. If only our emotions were not so tightly wrapped around it. Mind you, if they weren't then we wouldn't feel the need for 1 gender or another and be here now would we?

I agree with motherofboys can't see it Doing any harm, I really hope you get your desired gender x

Totally agree, I'm not sure there's much in it either but i think I'm of the thinking that if we sway and still have a boy then he was really meant to be here, rather than always wondering if we could have done something differently :). Think it'll help me stop at 3 kids too rather than having just one more as I think 3 will be our family complete whether it's boy or girl xx

I always figured if we swayed and it failed, I'd be even more disappointed as I would have got my hopes up, so we didn't sway. Plus, OH is terrified of having a girl :haha: so he wouldn't have been on board with swaying anyway!

I have heard it can take a lot longer to get pregnant when swaying girl, anyone else heard this?

yes i've heard that rwhite, as you have to do things to make it harder to get pregnant! im not patient enough!

Neither! :haha: We got to the point where it seemed like it was taking forever (it took 6 months, excluding a break in between, so not long in the scheme of things at all I know!) and I got to the point where I just wanted to be pregnant with whomever would arrive! I swore I wouldn't even think of having GD if it turned out to be a boy, but let's not kid ourselves :lol:

i said the same thing! i think its the not knowing when its going to happen each month thats hardest isn't. if you knew it would take 6mths or a year then you could work with that..

Yeah took us 6 months and girl swaying might've meant longer, then we didn't want a third winter birthday so it would've taken a year+

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->