The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

God yes I totally agree. Not knowing when its going to happen is worse than if you were told it was going to take a year or even 2.

Baby's head is now down as of this week and we can clearly see it's a girl so now I can relaxe that she's not going to be growing a penis before birth :)

This was our surprise baby! Wasn't planning on another one don a couple more years, was planning on getting married in June not pregnant, however it's family pattern me my nan and my mum all had girl girl boy, then another girl.. But I don't think I want anymore after this one :)

we've been having the conversation about 1 more this morning, i was really up for 4 but this pregnancy seems to be harder than the previous 2 so now i'm not so sure...but i'm certainly not ruling it out either.

how funny your nan and mum having the same gender pattern miley and potentially you too!

My Nan's great gran had a girl, boy, then several girls (I lose count) my Nan's nan then had a girl, boy, and several girls again, my Nan's mum had a girl and a boy then lost her husband in the war and never remarried. My nan only had my mum, and then my mum had me, followed by twin boys and stopped there. All those generations of a girl, followed by a boy then more girls (if more babies were had) and there's me can't even get 1.

I had the first boy (and now boys) to be born into our family for over 20 years haha.

My family is pretty mixed, mum one of three girls, Dad one of two boys.
Then they had a girl and a boy, my dad's brother had a girl and a boy, mums older sister had two boys and her younger had a boy then a girl, then another boy 13 years later.

If I have 3 boys (and only) I'll be the first in my traceable history!

my family is mixed too, nearly everyone had boy then girl accept my parents who had me then my brother. My dad is one of 2 boys but literally everyone else seems to have had a boy and a girl then stopped, its weird! kinda gives me hope for baby number 3 but at the same time I could totally break the mould. DH's cousin has just had her 2nd boy too although we have just had a niece born into the family. DH's family is def more boy heavy, my niece was the first girl with our surname born since my SIL who is now 31, athough there are other girls in the family but just not with our surname. x

My baby making days are over ladies. Hubby and I have decided on no more. The fact that we may have a girl was the decider. As much as it hurts, and as much as I would love another baby boy, I just can't do it. Hubby put forward all the practical arguments too (i.e. we would ideally like the boys to all have separate rooms when they're teenagers so will need a large 4 bed house or at least a 3 bed which we could extend/convert which will take a lot of money. We don't think we'll ever be able to afford a 5 bed house, even with plans). My health is so delicate at the moment too...I'm off to the dr's tomorrow to basically play merry hell and try to get myself sorted out and I have my first consultant appointment in March to have my grommet re-inserted too as I am sick of being deaf! If I were to get PG again I may do more damage.

I'm not going to lie....it hurts. I feel hollow and like I don't really have a purpose any more. I feel insanely jealous of the no-less than 6 of my family and friends who are currently in the thick of pregnancy. I am going to have to go through all the baby clothes and pass them on which will break my heart. I don't know how I'm going to do this but I must. I do love my little life.....but there was still a glimmer of hope that we would have 'just one more' and now that's gone. I am sure I'll be fine, and I have my boys and the future to focus on.

My baby making days are over ladies. Hubby and I have decided on no more. The fact that we may have a girl was the decider. As much as it hurts, and as much as I would love another baby boy, I just can't do it. Hubby put forward all the practical arguments too (i.e. we would ideally like the boys to all have separate rooms when they're teenagers so will need a large 4 bed house or at least a 3 bed which we could extend/convert which will take a lot of money. We don't think we'll ever be able to afford a 5 bed house, even with plans). My health is so delicate at the moment too...I'm off to the dr's tomorrow to basically play merry hell and try to get myself sorted out and I have my first consultant appointment in March to have my grommet re-inserted too as I am sick of being deaf! If I were to get PG again I may do more damage.

I'm not going to lie....it hurts. I feel hollow and like I don't really have a purpose any more. I feel insanely jealous of the no-less than 6 of my family and friends who are currently in the thick of pregnancy. I am going to have to go through all the baby clothes and pass them on which will break my heart. I don't know how I'm going to do this but I must. I do love my little life.....but there was still a glimmer of hope that we would have 'just one more' and now that's gone. I am sure I'll be fine, and I have my boys and the future to focus on.

:hugs::hugs:

Big hugs Aimee-Lou, it sounds like a head decision. We are pretty much certain that two of our kids will always share as we'll probably not have a 4 bed but you never know. I felt atone point we might have 4 but since this pregnancy began it's become clear that we are both ready to throw in the towel. My health (or rather accusations of my health) have made the start of this pregnancy stressful enough.

Yet there are days I just enjoy the boys so much, they are just fabulous and I'm sure yours are too x

Had my anatomy scan today, healthy baby but I have placenta praevia :(

:hugs: aimee lou. it must be hard.

sorry to hear that miley, i hope things change before the birth, when is your next scan?

Had my anatomy scan today, healthy baby but I have placenta praevia :(

Sorry to hear that. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The vast majority of instances of placenta previa diagnosed during the second trimester resolve before birth. The statistics are that 84% of complete placenta previas and 98% of marginal placenta previas resolve, usually by around 26 weeks.

Next scan is at 32 weeks, this pregnancy has been really hard on my body and doesn't seem to be getting any easier, my heart problem is at its worst, my back and pelvis are agony abd my c section scar is super sore on the inside which is really strange, sorry for the moan just feeling it today x

:hugs:
Yep this pregnancy has been my hardest too, i don't know how woman have 10+kids!

:hugs: miley, reassuring statistics given though hun, hope it all resolves.

:hugs: too aimee-lou, that must be such a hard decision to come too. I think we'll be done after 3 too no matter if we have 3 boys xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->