The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Aimee - Lou I'm sorry to hear that. It's so hard. I know that for us 4 kids would probably work best. I can't see us being able to afford a 4 bedroom at any point. We'll have to do 2 and 2. And money and car space and sanity wise (lol) a 5th would stretch everything that boy more. My last pregnancy was much harder on my body, and at the end I was ready to be done with being pregnant. But as soon as he was here I wanted to do it again lol
But I still feel sad about the decision, as much as I feel it's right. I haven't yet began to clear out baby stuff. It's too hard. I've only just phoned the doctors on Wednesday to make an appointment to go on the pill.

Our yellow bump turned blue! We had our 4th little boy yesterday, he's perfect :)

Congratulations on a lovely wee boy cckarting <3

Urgh some I know has just found out she's having a boy, she's got a girl already. You'd think I would be happy she wasn't having another girl so I didn't have to face to usual newsfeed full of pink that comes when people start shopping. But I'm jealous. She'll have 20 months between them, like my first two. She'll be able to get the bro/sis double pram I've dreamed about for the past 8 years. She gets one of each without even planning a pregnancy. And everyone's so excited because she openly admitted that she really wanted a boy. Which is great for her and I am happy for her, but it does make me sad.

Congratulations on your baby boy :)

Motherofboys it must be so hard for you :( hugs xx

Congratulations cckarting! :flower:

Motherofboys - thank you for your kinds words and I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch. I really do understand those emotions. :hugs:

So It's started for me already - I'm only 7 weeks but have told a close group of friends, because I have been feeling so rough they guessed I was pregnant. So the girl comments have started
"Hope you will have a girl this time"
"You can have all my girls clothes"
"Do you feel different"
"I think it's a girl"
Yes I do but I know people have had same sex babies and felt different.

Oh the pressure to have a girl :cry: I know they mean well and they are excited for me, but at least wait until I know for sure! I just feel if it is another boy everyone won't be interested anymore :cry:

congrats kckarting!

:hugs: motherofboys, I feel the exact same way for everyone that gets one of each but also feel jealous of people who have 2 girls. yet I know there are people out there who will feel jealous of me having 2 boys and some of me does seem the benefit of having 2 the same sex.

oh Kath :hugs: its so annoying people are like that. I get 'so are you done yet?' when I say 'no, probably not, I think we'd like 1 more', everyone then goes on to say 'ahh wouldn't it be nice to have a little girl to finish off the family'. yep, yep it would but at the same time I'd not want a boy any less and sadly accept for friends who are in the same situation I do think people get less excited when you have even the 2nd child of the same sex let alone the 3rd :(. I got noticeably fewer cards on eddie's birth than alex's and some of it could be he was my 2nd child generally but I do wonder if I'd have got more if he'd been a girl. Some people even openly said 'well I didn't see the point in buying much as you've got it all already, so here's x money', which was really sad and showed an amazing lack of thought if you ask me! xx

congrats kckarting!

:hugs: motherofboys, I feel the exact same way for everyone that gets one of each but also feel jealous of people who have 2 girls. yet I know there are people out there who will feel jealous of me having 2 boys and some of me does seem the benefit of having 2 the same sex.

oh Kath :hugs: its so annoying people are like that. I get 'so are you done yet?' when I say 'no, probably not, I think we'd like 1 more', everyone then goes on to say 'ahh wouldn't it be nice to have a little girl to finish off the family'. yep, yep it would but at the same time I'd not want a boy any less and sadly accept for friends who are in the same situation I do think people get less excited when you have even the 2nd child of the same sex let alone the 3rd :(. I got noticeably fewer cards on eddie's birth than alex's and some of it could be he was my 2nd child generally but I do wonder if I'd have got more if he'd been a girl. Some people even openly said 'well I didn't see the point in buying much as you've got it all already, so here's x money', which was really sad and showed an amazing lack of thought if you ask me! xx

Cards - DS1 we got 30, DS2 we got 10, DS3 we got 4! Poor Charlie! :cry:
We didn't get comments like that, but we did get a few people asking us what we needed/wanted because 'you've probably got it all by now'. We were team yellow each time too, so I seem to remember one not-sp-close family member saying 'oh, well that wasn't worth the wait was it'. Yes it was, he's our son! Cheeky get!

Also have to mention my next-door neighbour. She means well but by christ if she says 'time for one more' one more time I'll swing for her! Seriously, she's on the school run, on face book, whenever I see her out of the house. Grrr!

oh blimey on your neighbour and WOW to the not so close family member! how mean! although my grandma when I phoned her the day after eddie was born to tell her she had another great-grandson actually asked me if I was disappointed he wasn't a girl as we were team yellow too. I just couldn't believe it, especially not even 12 hours after he'd been born to ask me that!

oh blimey on your neighbour and WOW to the not so close family member! how mean! although my grandma when I phoned her the day after eddie was born to tell her she had another great-grandson actually asked me if I was disappointed he wasn't a girl as we were team yellow too. I just couldn't believe it, especially not even 12 hours after he'd been born to ask me that!

My dad asked if we were happy when we told him we were PG with DS2. Maybe it's an older generational thing. But Wow that's a bit close to the quick. :nope: No matter what you don't want to be asked that!? How upsetting.

And just to add....awwww... is your DS2 is Eddie too?! Mine is Edward Stewart :)

It's so sad isn't it, I got noticeably less cards with my 2nd too!

Even Jack my eldest wants a sister, I don't want this baby (if it is a boy) to feel like a disappointment, I know he won't but that's how I feel at the moment.
I think I'm glad Im finding out at 20 weeks so I can shut people up!

Why do people comment like that, it's not as if we can choose is it!!

It's so sad isn't it, I got noticeably less cards with my 2nd too!

Even Jack my eldest wants a sister, I don't want this baby (if it is a boy) to feel like a disappointment, I know he won't but that's how I feel at the moment.
I think I'm glad Im finding out at 20 weeks so I can shut people up!

Why do people comment like that, it's not as if we can choose is it!!

My eldest wanted a sister each time. He never got one! lol

He was with MIL each time, and when she said 'you've got a brother' apparently he used to get very upset. With DS3 he was inconsolable for about an hour apparently.

Ask him now though if he'd like a sister and he says 'no way!' and that we shouldn't have any more babies....he wants a bearded dragon instead! lol :haha:

Congrats Kckarting and Kaths:)
I'm the same, it's other people that are making my GD even worse!!. I'm 30 weeks pregnant with my 3rd boy and even before I found out I got all the comments :
" ooh I bet you want a girl next"
" I bet it's a girl"
" A girl would be lovely to complete your family"
" you need a Girl next with all them boys in the house!! "
It's even worse now I have found out, people have actually pulled a face when I have told them and said
" aww never mind, at least you will have a little football team"!!.or
" Oh no what a shame you didn't get a girl this time!!". This is from complete strangers in shops!!.
It's their comments that make me feel bad when I'm having a good day & I've nearly cried in public!!.
Hopefully you will get your Girl, but I must say 2 boys is so nice. Mine are line best friends. I just really wanted a girl this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->