The new Gender Specific Hopefuls thread (2014)

Got my c section date it's march 10th unless baby girl decides to come early which I doubt

It must have been talking about all the things people say on here that did it, but Thursday night I had a dream that I had a baby and it was a girl. Once I was over the shock (lol) I took her out and people kept coming up to me congratulation me and saying "you can stop now, right?" And other various remarks that are typical when you have a girl after a few boys.

Feronia - Exciting that you are in prodromal labour, I hope things speed up for you and that you get to meet your squish soon! <3

Kaiecee - Woohoo for a confirmed date - that's less than a month away, eek! :dance:

motherofboys - I bet that would happen, too! Some things you just have to facepalm at... One of the girls in my due group from when I had Lachlan is having her first girl after four boys. I can't even imagine the irritating comments.

I had a dream the other night that baby was a boy. Felt so disappointed in the dream, and it has made me quite concerned. My gut feeling is that baby is a girl for some reason, but that probably doesn't help matters because I think it makes me less welcoming of the idea of it being a boy :(

Because this will 99% likely be our last child, the first thought I had in the dream and subsequently once awake was that this is it - no more, I will never get a daughter. I know I will dearly love the baby no matter what sex it is, but I do wish I had been able to find out prior to the birth because if it is a boy I will hate to feel even the tiniest hint of disappointment when he is in my arms.

kaicee, yay for a date! not long at all to go now!

motherofboys, very sadly I just know that'd happen too :(, it also then somehow makes it seem like you'd not want your other kids if you'd had a girl sooner :/.

rwhite, I really can assure you hun once that baby is in your arms in that moment you won't care in the slightest girl or boy. I didn't know with my 2nd either and really thought he was a girl, when I saw he was a boy I didn't care. Not saying I've not had a few moments when times were tough that I kinda wished I'd had a daughter but I'd really like my boys and to have a girl too....that probably doesn't make sense lol. But the relationship my boys have is just amazing, I'm sure they'd be close if they were opposite sex but somehow it seems more special them being brothers, but that could be because me and my own brother aren't all that close I feel like that! ah I'm waffling, basically I'm sure you'll not care in the end hun! xx

Exactly, when people say about wanting a girl it makes me feel like my boys are second prize and I can't have wanted them

^^ yea exactly! think that's why I've always been really open and said I want 3 kids, said it even before I had my first...maybe I knew I was going to have 2 boys first!? my mum had a dream way back before I even knew my first son was a boy and I think before I'd said I wanted 3 kids that I was going to have 3 boys lol x

I make it clear that I always wanted a bigger family and although I assumed there would be a mix it wasn't something that I put that much thought into, just that I wanted a couple of boys first. Whether anyone actually believes it or not I don't know as there seems to be such a higher value on girls in this society, where people can't believe anyone would want a boy unless they already had a girl.

my close friends don't believe i will stop at 3 only strangers who think i must be done now theres a girl on the way. i think i would still like another after this :)

Had my scan, it's a boy. He is perfectly healthy, thankfully!

Congratulations Hopin xx

Bet your boys are thrilled :) my eldest has made it clear he'd like an additional brother as preference.

I had pretty much no sickness all through 1st tri so I'm hearing a lot of 'girls make worse sickness'. So wondering if I have a super boy who's keeping mummies head out of the toilet to look after his brothers ;-)

I was really sick with both boys so doesn't ring true for me!

My youngest is 12 weeks now and we're debating once my coil expires trying again. I have 5 years to consider it, but for the first time DH is saying how much he'd like a daughter. It's going to be a really tough decision. I hope in 5 years I'm in a better place where any baby boy or girl wouldn't matter. I know if we tried right now I'd be wanting a girl. It's so tough.

congratulations hopin, are your older kids really pleased? xx

Congratulations on a healthy boy.

My first 3 didn't make me sick, but my 4th made me really sick. My pregnancy with him couldn't have been any more different from the others and I had just about every girl old wives take going. So I don't think it really makes a difference, it's just a coincidence

Nervously posting on here. My DS2 is only 7 weeks tomorrow and I can't stop thinking about having a girl. I adore the bones of him please understand but my desire to have a girl has only grown stronger since his birth and if I am honest its driving me a little crazy and i wish it would go away. Doesn't help our friends just hada little girl after 2 boysand |I keep thinking could that be us in a few years time, would i dare take the risk for a 3rd etc... he's only 7 weeks for gods sake!!! We had done at 2, totally done but I cant imagine mylife without a daughter.But it doesntmean ill get onenext time.Itsso hard x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->